Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm looking for films with scenes similar to pulling the boat over the mountain in Fitzcarraldo or constructing the bell in Andrei Rublev. A large number of people working together to realise a grand project.

Not quite in the same way (ie, it's not a manual labor project) but The Right Stuff and Apollo 13.

In a much more depressing vein, Koyannisqatsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I guess I'll try my luck here. I am looking for a Halloween movie suitable for kids (not too scary obviously). Should be around 45 to 60 minutes (or maybe a shortfilm?). Preferably without words or little spoken dialogue. This is for a class with mentally disabled children with mostly low attention spans. Could be some kind of animation (putty, CGI, etc.). Perhaps something with ghosts. If there was something like this on youtube it would be even better, saving me money, but I take what is there.
Thank you!

e: Stuff like this but longer is what I mean.

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is a little longer but otherwise seems perfect

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I guess I'll try my luck here. I am looking for a Halloween movie suitable for kids (not too scary obviously). Should be around 45 to 60 minutes (or maybe a shortfilm?). Preferably without words or little spoken dialogue. This is for a class with mentally disabled children with mostly low attention spans. Could be some kind of animation (putty, CGI, etc.). Perhaps something with ghosts. If there was something like this on youtube it would be even better, saving me money, but I take what is there.
Thank you!

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thank you!

Toy Story of Terror?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Thank you!

Frankenweenie (short or feature length version)
Halloweentown
any of the Scooby Doo movies (Zombie Island might be a little too scary depending on age)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Any recommendations for trans-centric films that are triumphant as opposed to tragic? Good non-binary representation a plus. Feeling really down from obvious recent events.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Something starring Divine, maybe?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Nothing screams "triumphant" like eating dog poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nothing screams "triumphant" like eating dog poo poo.

She's in more than one movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hedwig and the Angry Inch?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Skwirl posted:

She's in more than one movie.

I know. I wasn't really refuting your recommendation, I just like mentioning scenes where actors eat dog poop. I currently only know of one.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

CYBEReris posted:

Any recommendations for trans-centric films that are triumphant as opposed to tragic? Good non-binary representation a plus. Feeling really down from obvious recent events.

Tangerine

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

TrixRabbi posted:

Looking for some digital/hacker/technology themed horror movies. Watched both Unfriended films, Ratter, eXistenZ.

Aware of and need to see Pulse.

Bumping this.

CYBEReris posted:

Technically drag queens and not out transgender persons but The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

Bumping this.

Not sure if it's a full on horror movie but Untraceable is a techno-thriller that straddles the line into horror

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Skwirl posted:

Something starring Divine, maybe?

While Divine frequently played women on screen, he always made it clear that he considered himself a man, so that's more drag queen than transgender.

TrixRabbi posted:

Technically drag queens and not out transgender persons but The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure Terence Stamp actually plays a transgender woman in that film.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

Paris Is Burning

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Shut the gently caress up

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 24, 2018

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

CYBEReris posted:

A Fantastic Woman starts tragically but ends triumphantly

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

looking for movies where the main character becomes increasingly deranged/nuts/batshit. Can be any genre, comedy, drama, whatever. Vampire's Kiss is a good example of hilariously deranged, but feel free to throw me some dark poo poo too.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

In The Mouth of Madness, Shutter Island

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Repulsion is the gold standard of the "character slowly going insane" genre. If you want something closer in tone to Vampire's Kiss, there's American Psycho.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Kvlt! posted:

looking for movies where the main character becomes increasingly deranged/nuts/batshit. Can be any genre, comedy, drama, whatever. Vampire's Kiss is a good example of hilariously deranged, but feel free to throw me some dark poo poo too.

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Dead Ringers
First Reformed
Bug
Black Swan
There Will Be Blood
The Butcher Boy

In fact thinking generally you can't go too far wrong with most films that are Schrader-scripted, Cronenberg-directed, or have Michael Shannon as the lead.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Session 9. The Tenant. 2001. The Shining.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Kvlt! posted:

As mentioned, The Tenant is your answer.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Oh another: Shallow Grave

e: might be a spoiler for the movie, but everyone's seen it anyway. The Russel Crowe movie A Beautiful Mind

e2: Synecdoche NY

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 28, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

regulargonzalez posted:

Oh another: Shallow Grave

I love this movie.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

How about Take Shelter? Also has Michael Shannon.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What are some movies full of passion-fueled self-destructive youth? The more bombastic the better. I'm thinking Streets of Fire if that sounds like it's a fit, but might want to do a double feature too.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

feedmyleg posted:

What are some movies full of passion-fueled self-destructive youth? The more bombastic the better. I'm thinking Streets of Fire if that sounds like it's a fit, but might want to do a double feature too.

Rebel Without A Cause (too obvious?), The Wild One, Rumble Fish, Badlands, Christiane F, The Basketball Diaries errr I guess Larry Clark's Kids would count as well but don't blame me if you come out the other side hating the human race

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Heathers

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell yeah, thanks folks. I'll probably go Rebel or Badlands.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bonnie & Clyde
Pump Up The Volume maybe
Taxi Driver?
Mean Streets

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh drat, wasn't on my radar but Pump Up The Volume looks like it fits what I'm feeling. Also maybe Footloose.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Outsiders

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
SLC Punk

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Seconding Pump up the volume. It's the first one I thought of plus the soundtrack is aces.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Sid and Nancy if you want to lean more towards the self-destructive part

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Repo Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

they live by night, the doom generation (really, anything gregg araki), twin peaks: fire walk with me, carrie, the panic in needle park, smithereens, china girl, a nos amours / loulou / graduate first, out of the blue, rivers edge, cruel story of youth, heaven knows what, in vanda's room

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 11, 2018

• Locked thread