Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That's always the complaint. The kid can pray silently whenever, it's literally impossible to prevent that since if you're doing it the way God said to no one can even know you're praying

The Book of Matthew posted:

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

And they can also pray out loud if they really want to, between classes, at lunch, before or after school, whenever it isn't disturbing other kids' learning.

They just can't force everyone else to observe their religious practices anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

VitalSigns posted:

And they can also pray out loud if they really want to, between classes, at lunch, before or after school, whenever it isn't disturbing other kids' learning.

It's worth noting that this is treating prayer the same as singing out loud, or talking out of turn, or otherwise making too much noise in a classroom environment. It's not some specific anti-prayer rule.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VitalSigns posted:

That's always the complaint. The kid can pray silently whenever, it's literally impossible to prevent that since if you're doing it the way God said to no one can even know you're praying

They just can't force everyone else to observe their religious practices anymore.

I've always said we should go all in on it. Give them what they want and require school prayer.

Bet they'll change their tune when their kid is forced to kneel and pray to Mecca 5 times a day.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Medullah posted:

I've always said we should go all in on it. Give them what they want and require school prayer.

Bet they'll change their tune when their kid is forced to kneel and pray to Mecca 5 times a day.
A few years ago, there was actually a Louisiana state rep who reversed her support of vouchers for religious schools once she learned they could be used for :siren: Islamic :siren: schools.

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/louisiana-republican-supports-state-funds-for-religious-schools-as-long-as-theyre-not-islamic-1aa08967f75/

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

cat botherer posted:

A few years ago, there was actually a Louisiana state rep who reversed her support of vouchers for religious schools once she learned they could be used for :siren: Islamic :siren: schools.

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/louisiana-republican-supports-state-funds-for-religious-schools-as-long-as-theyre-not-islamic-1aa08967f75/

Pray to Baphomet and Molag to start and close every day.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Restarting that attempt at a French State Religion where the deity was Revolutionary France, but for a couple of elementary schools in rural Idaho.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"gently caress this country because i can not pray
ok i can pray but it has to be silent
ok don't have to be silent but i can't quote the bible
ok i can quote the bible but i can't preach to people
ok i can preach to people but i can't try to convert them
also i might be shot
but don't do anything about that part."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

cat botherer posted:

Something similar happened again in January in Idaho.

They had a committee moving forward with an amendment to the state constitution to allow funding to go to religious schools. Then Rowan Astra from Satanic Idaho made the following testimony (video is in the article linked above):

quote:

I represent Satanic Idaho. I’m here to support this. Personally, I’m excited about the ability to truly represent religious plurality, which is a value that’s upheld in Idaho and the United States of America. So I look forward to the opportunity to be able to start a Satanic K-12 performing arts school, and being able to have access to the same funds that any other religious school would have.

Shortly after, they had asked one of the lawyers of one organizations supporting the amendment and got the following answer:

quote:

ARBIERI: Katherine, I'm curious what your legal perspective would be, that if this provision was passed by the electorate, would that result in equal distribution of public funds to Satanists and other… what we might call fringe religious beliefs or organizations?

HARTLEY: Chairman and Representative Barbieri, it would. It would allow any religious group to utilize any benefit that's offered by the state. And obviously, today, we are not specifically talking about any specific benefit or bill or potential bill, but generally speaking, yes, it would be open to all faiths.
It then failed to move forward because:

quote:

Rep. Joe Palmer, R-Meridian, who made the motion to hold the legislation, said he supported it but had “technical questions” that he couldn’t’ get answers to at the moment. He didn’t elaborate on his questions and wasn’t available for questions following the meeting.

Oops.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

VitalSigns posted:

Also being angry about gun laws and then pretending to care about kids getting shot

If all kids over the age of 2 had guns, they wouldn't get shot. Duh.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Medullah posted:

Yeah, it's always "religious freedom for me, not for thee"
Because ask any given fundie, and they won't even pretend to sugarcoat it. They straight up think that freedom of religion is just politely humoring all of the "wrong" religions, when everyone knows that theirs is the only one that actually counts when it matters.
They allow you to belong to any religion you like, but the only one that's supposed to actually get any bennies is theirs.

Speaking as someone who would absolutely inhale the contents of that plate: No the gently caress it isn't.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

is it culinarily possible to make a vegan meal that's less healthy than steak and eggs? absolutely, junk food vegan exists.

is the average vegan meal less healthy than steak and eggs? lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's healthier than an entire thing of Oreos

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It doesn't even matter how healthy steak and eggs are, it's impossible for it to be healthier than any conceivable vegan meal that's ever existed because for one thing uhhh scurvy?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
1. It's amazing the way that one woman being upset at Trump has had a grip on conservatives.
2. I can't help thinking there's a whole lot of difference between letting someone into the country and letting them into my apartment.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

darthbob88 posted:

1. It's amazing the way that one woman being upset at Trump has had a grip on conservatives.
2. I can't help thinking there's a whole lot of difference between letting someone into the country and letting them into my apartment.

But you see, countries and households are exactly the same! Now hold on a moment while I print more currency to pay my ever-skyrocketing rent.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

darthbob88 posted:

Yeah, it's one of those false equivalence arguments that you can't even really debate against because it's so reductionist that you'd have to spend more time than it's worth to explain the difference.
Which, is the point of course, because if you're explaining, you're losing.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 23, 2024

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Locking most cars and front doors aren’t very effective against somebody that truly wants to get inside. Neither is their beloved border wall.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

*SLAVERY OF MEN BY WOMEN*
Every Man irrespective of who they are must read the book by a German writer Esther Villar In her book "The Manipulated Man"
This book has caused outrage and *hostile criticism* from women, it explains how women since the earliest times have manipulated men and turned them into their slaves, they have *pretended* to be the oppressed sex while in the real sense they are the oppressors.
She explains how a woman manipulates a man skillfully by steps like *courtship* and finally *marriage* , hence the saying “ *a man chases a woman until SHE catches him”* .
In her book she explains how the man is *tricked* to care for the woman all his life and her offspring.
He rolls the stone like *Sisyphus* and in turn gets rewarded by a few minutes of sexual pleasure.
We can, by observing Esther Villars assertions that a man is a slave of his desires and the woman uses and has used it for thousands of years as a stick and carrot to keep the man chasing vanity and commit his life to serving her.
She goes ahead to explain the *rivalry of women* , how each woman feels the powerful urge and need to own a male for herself.
Like a *slave owner* she detests any move the man would make to offer his services to another woman. She uses all means to keep the man to herself and her offspring alone.
Esther Villar's sentiments are captured by Nigerian Poet, critic and writer, Chinweizu Ibekwe in his book, “The Anatomy of Female Power” (AFP) and Will Farrel's, “The Predatory Female”.
They all push the theory that all societies are matriarchal and not patriarchal as we are pushed and forced to believe. *Matriarchy has ruled not through brawn but wits and tricks;* women feigning weakness to be protected etc. Thus the male becomes the most exploited sex in human history, (in wars the man is always ready to die for the woman; he has been trained to do that).
Chinweizu calls the idea of *dating* and *courtship* , *training* , like that of a horse. It is during this time that a woman having kept the man on a leash by denying him sex and getting him addicted to her by false charms, trains and breaks him to whatever she wants him to become.
The marriage celebration becomes a celebration for the *woman and her friends,* and they all congratulate her for having succeeded in getting herself a *slave* .
A man on that *wedding* day waves goodbye to his independence and his coalition of males and commits himself to a *Sisyphean* life, rolling the stone, an act he cannot abandon having *society* and the *government* checking on him and always ready to *jail* , *shame* or *exile* him for absconding his duties of slavery.
Thus the government and society helps the woman in keeping her *slave*(man) in check.
Chinweizu gives a narration of how women are trained by older matriarchs to *tame* men. He explains how a man is trained to rely on women by his own mother.
A man is *shamed for cooking* for himself and other domestic chores by his *own mother* who is an agent of the global matriarchal rule.
By getting the man to hate *domestic* works and having it enforced by culture which warns men against going into the kitchen, doing *laundry* etc.
The mother trains his son for the woman who will captivate him and when the time comes she takes hold of the man's stomach and by getting the man addicted to her body she holds him by the two, in *bed* and in the *kitchen* .
With those two weapons she manipulates the man and turns him into her plaything.
In the “Myth of the Male Power”, Esther Villar's “A Man's Right to the Other Woman”; “The Polygamous Sex”, the authors of those books challenge the narrative that men oppress women, and by detailed research across African, Western and Eastern both in ancient and modern societies, the authors unravel the hidden power of the ruthless matriarchal power that rules the world.
Also Helen E. Fisher did anthropological research of ancient human societies and wrote the book "The Sex Contract, The evolution of human behaviour" 1982. She too came to the conclusion that Marriage is a selfish creation of a Woman, where she uses sex to manipulate a man to take care of her and her offspring. Other male animals do not carry the same burden and responsibility.
*Presidents* , *Emperors* and *Kings* are all puppets of the matriarchy forces that rule the World by pulling the strings from behind the curtains
A noble piece which is a must read for every Man under the globe...

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

the_steve posted:

Yeah, it's one of those false equivalence arguments that you can't even really debate against because it's so reductionist that you'd have to spend more time than it's worth to explain the difference.
It's pretty easy to explain the difference. I also don't mind if tourists want to come in the country but I don't want them all to stay in my house.

They just won't care because their stance is based on irrational hatred, not some mistakenly held belief that everyone who comes into the country gets to walk in to their living room.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Man so many of these red pill dudes would be so much happier if they could just be gay. They don't even seem to like women.

Actually, I guess they wouldn't because gay male incels also exist, their personalities just so terrible they can't get laid on easy mode.

But anyway, how does this no-marriage no-commitment male right to poly concubines work. Mathematically I mean. If every guy is exercising his right to 8 girlfriends, are they each loving 7 other dudes and the guys are okay with that because that's how math works.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure, but you'd think if men had been *shamed for cooking* by the *global matriarchy* then the most courageous act of male liberation would be to seize the means of doing your own cooking and laundry from the matriarchy, but that's curiously absent from incel spaces.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

VitalSigns posted:

Man so many of these red pill dudes would be so much happier if they could just be gay. They don't even seem to like women.

Actually, I guess they wouldn't because gay male incels also exist, their personalities just so terrible they can't get laid on easy mode.

But anyway, how does this no-marriage no-commitment male right to poly concubines work. Mathematically I mean. If every guy is exercising his right to 8 girlfriends, are they each loving 7 other dudes and the guys are okay with that because that's how math works.

They just assume they'd be the top of the hierarchy.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

the core of every conservative worldview in the US at least is “the problem with unjust hierarchies is that i personally am not at the top,” understand this and everything they do and say will make sense

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not sure, but you'd think if men had been *shamed for cooking* by the *global matriarchy* then the most courageous act of male liberation would be to seize the means of doing your own cooking and laundry from the matriarchy, but that's curiously absent from incel spaces.

I don't... what? Who the gently caress shames men for cooking? I don't think I've ever met a woman who gives me poo poo for knowing how to cook, and they almost universally are really happy to know a dude who can cook well and brings things to parties.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think maybe if you go way back, sometimes my grandma used to declare the kitchen men free while she was cooking during family gatherings, but that was more "free of people who would stand in the way contributing nothing but criticism."

If you actually learn how to cook and contribute I don't think anyone but the worst boomer men would care.

Of course if you're absolutely determined to be oppressed then 'no men in the kitchen' becomes 'evil women do not value my objectively useful advice, and are probably plotting against me'.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

If you actually learn how to cook and contribute I don't think anyone but the worst boomer men would care.

Even then, all it takes is to serve a rack of ribs at the meal and they shut right the gently caress up, ask for seconds, and insist you show up next time as well.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I feel pretty confident that anyone who got 'shamed' for cooking and doing laundry is the kind of person who did it extremely badly once and then took any criticism so poorly that they refuse to ever try again.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

LonsomeSon posted:

the core of every conservative worldview in the US at least is “the problem with unjust hierarchies is that i personally am not at the top,” understand this and everything they do and say will make sense

Adherence to hierarchies is the only consistent through line for conservatives since the French Assembly gave us the Right/Left

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Neito posted:

They just assume they'd be the top of the hierarchy.

Yeah I guess. It's funny though because if every woman woke up tomorrow and decided she wanted to share one of topmost alpha males with 7 other women, it would probably not be the guys complaining that they can't get any pussy now under monogamy who would end up in the lucky 1/8 of men having all the sex.

They'd be the ones sent off to die in pointless wars by the men at the top to avoid social unrest from having too many restive sexless men at the bottom of the social hierarchy.

Guavanaut posted:

Although, cooking has always been a prestigious activity for men, but only if they do it professionally for money and fame (a career which until recently excluded women from the top ranks). But being a chef somehow becomes effeminate if you do without pay as part of maintaining a household.

But really I know plenty of men, straight men, who like to cook and who cook well, and lots of women will tell you they love a man who can cook. The only thing stopping incels from doing it is their own beliefs in toxic masculinity bullshit.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 23, 2024

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I feel pretty confident that anyone who got 'shamed' for cooking and doing laundry is the kind of person who did it extremely badly once and then took any criticism so poorly that they refuse to ever try again.

My theory is that they think women are stupid and weak, so anything that's traditionally "women's work" must be simple for a man, but when they try that and it turns out to be a skill like any other that you learn how to do and improve on with practice, they instead feel humiliated and cope by blaming women for their own refusal to learn.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Or they just want to weaponize their incompetence so they never get asked or expected to do it again.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dirk the Average posted:

I don't... what? Who the gently caress shames men for cooking? I don't think I've ever met a woman who gives me poo poo for knowing how to cook, and they almost universally are really happy to know a dude who can cook well and brings things to parties.

I feel like back in the day, like 30 or 40+ years ago, there might have been the cultural idea that cooking in the kitchen was women's work; Unless, like VS said, they happen to be a famous chef. The only cooking a man had business doing was grilling the manly food like burgers and steaks. But that poo poo went out the window a long loving time ago.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If you're not a disgusting creep, cooking is like a cheat code for getting laid as a cishet dude

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Professor Beetus posted:

If you're not a disgusting creep, good cooking is like a cheat code for getting laid as a cishet dude

Minor adjustment for accuracy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah true true

For real though I think a lot of the incel poo poo also has to do with these guys having unrealistic expectations. They think they are entitled to someone who looks like Jenna Ortega but has a shared love for and encyclopedic knowledge (but not more than them!) of their favorite isekai or whatever. It's a symptom of these guys getting hooked into the reactionary pipeline and listening to guys like Andrew Tate. In truth many of them would likely have no problem having sex or finding companionship, they just don't want to do that with the female equivalent of themselves, because ( :ironicat: ) they recognize how unappealing that is.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Just cooking will get you to good cooking eventually, because like any skill you improve with practice and experience.

Professor Beetus posted:

Ah true true

For real though I think a lot of the incel poo poo also has to do with these guys having unrealistic expectations. They think they are entitled to someone who looks like Jenna Ortega but has a shared love for and encyclopedic knowledge (but not more than them!) of their favorite isekai or whatever. It's a symptom of these guys getting hooked into the reactionary pipeline and listening to guys like Andrew Tate. In truth many of them would likely have no problem having sex or finding companionship, they just don't want to do that with the female equivalent of themselves, because ( :ironicat: ) they recognize how unappealing that is.

It reminds me of this tweet thread a while ago where this red pill dude posted stock photos of average looking men, supposedly to call out women for being shallow and having impossible standards ("here's a nice guy who wants to take you out for drinks ladies, do you say yes, just look at him, I think not"), but I think his real target audience was insecure men. ("Oh no I'll never get laid if I look like these guys, I'd better buy this man's book").

Anyway the replies were full of women saying yes they'd date men who looked like that, also someone found the identities of the stock photo models and all the ones with any info available on them were married with kids.

Also makes me think of that 4Chan screenshot of an anon going to college, expected to be rejected for trying to make friends, but tried anyway and made friends easily and then found out normal people don't care about canthal tilt and pupil distance or whatever phrenology of physical features incels insist you have to have to be alpha and get a girlfriend

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 23, 2024

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Minor adjustment for accuracy

I don't know, I made some truly atrocious baked ziti for a woman on our second or third date and we've been married for almost ten years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

VitalSigns posted:

Just cooking will get you to good cooking eventually, because like any skill you improve with practice and experience.

Luckily we're in a food knowledge golden age and there is no lack of free instruction and information on how to cook.

Safety Dance posted:

I don't know, I made some truly atrocious baked ziti for a woman on our second or third date and we've been married for almost ten years now.

Food cooked by someone else specifically for you always tastes better. It turns out effort is a great spice.