Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.
He fixes gas pumps for some chain. Not really sure on the specifics, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Wait so is the grasshopper black people or are the spiders black people? I'm confused.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just don't get the "ACORN" obsession. Surely there's a better target. I didn't get it then and I surely don't now (although with the nature of internet forwards I'm assuming this one was created when ACORN was still a thing. Before they killed it. And refuse to just leave it dead.)

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

myron cope posted:

I just don't get the "ACORN" obsession. Surely there's a better target. I didn't get it then and I surely don't now (although with the nature of internet forwards I'm assuming this one was created when ACORN was still a thing. Before they killed it. And refuse to just leave it dead.)

It literally was killed because the GOP juxtaposed the word ACORN with a picture of James O'Keefe dressed as a pimp. That's really what it was.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Dominion posted:

It literally was killed because the GOP juxtaposed the word ACORN with a picture of James O'Keefe dressed as a pimp. That's really what it was.

Yeah I get how they did it. I'm just not sure why. Is it just as simple as "poor people"?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

myron cope posted:

Yeah I get how they did it. I'm just not sure why. Is it just as simple as "poor people"?

Republicans don't like it when poor black people go vote since they usually vote Democrat.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

myron cope posted:

More like "black people" but yeah by their logic an organization that helps poor minorities must necessarily be doing something shady.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mo_Steel posted:

I've got my own version:

The ant works hard and toils as a dishwasher and night janitor at the only jobs he could find all through the summer, often 80 hours a week, to support his family of ants that he more easily supported before he got laid off from his better paying job at the bank. He notices a strange lump on his back but can't afford to go get it checked at the doctor so he ignores it. Winter comes and the grasshopper, who went on vacation all through the summer and had a grand time, returns home to his affluent father who ensures he has a well paying job in the family business. Meanwhile, the ant wakes up to find out his 20 year old car won't start, costing him most of the tiny bit he managed to save up while feeding his family. He tries to take on a third job, running himself ragged.

One day on the job the ant collapses and is rushed to the hospital by his concerned coworkers. While there doctors tell him the lump on his back is cancerous and needs to be treated with chemotherapy. The ant was lucky to find the three part time jobs he had but none of them offered health insurance and he couldn't afford it himself, so he goes deep into debt from the hospital visit and takes a second loan out on his house for the start of the chemotherapy. Because of the chemotherapy he is sick often, and gets fired from two of his jobs because he has no union to argue for sick leave on his behalf and his employment is at-will so he can be fired for any reason or no reason. Unable to keep up with his payments, the bank forecloses on his house. The family lives out of their car which barely runs and hardly has heat, and twice a week they are lucky enough to get a bed and a free meal at a local charity.

Two months later the ant dies of cancer, unable to afford his chemotherapy and checkups. His wife can't afford the funeral.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself.

Mention that the ant's former boss at the bank gave himself a bonus that was larger than last year's by an amount that was greater than the salaries of the ants he laid off.

Anyway. this email is leftover from back when ACORN was in the news, so it's not necessarily still a thing they bitch about.

KillerBean
May 5, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pththya-lyi posted:

And that Albert Einstein was Beethoven.

An abusive father relentlessly forces his son to practice piano and composition. Beating him if he does not comply and excel at these tasks. This father also forces the son to perform at will for any audience. The father takes the son's performance earnings. Should child protective services take this son away from his father?

If you answered yes, you just erased Mozart from history. Another reason to be against Big Government.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

myron cope posted:

There was a video on youtube a while back (may still be there, i dunno) from a tea party rally shot by a middle-aged white guy who follows two black young adults (teens-20s probably) screaming "ACORN! ACORN! Get out of here ACORNS!" blah blah blah and I really got the impression that acorn meant friend of the family.

edit: relevant video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7VfjyNDfM

andrew smash fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 16, 2012

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

andrew smash posted:

There was a video on youtube a while back (may still be there, i dunno) from a tea party rally shot by a middle-aged white guy who follows two black young adults (teens-20s probably) screaming "ACORN! ACORN! Get out of here ACORNS!" blah blah blah and I really got the impression that acorn meant friend of the family.

gently caress, it boggles my mind that the people behind one of the most successful political campaigns in American history lost a messaging war to these morons.

I know, that's just even more mind boggling!
VVV

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

gently caress, how did Democrats lose a messaging war to these morons?

They never attempted to win it in the first place.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They never attempted to win it in the first place.
Yup. Makes their good cop routine that much easier to pull.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The Democrats don't actually want to win, they just want people to think they want to.

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

You must be new here. If there's anything US Democrats are terrible at, it's keeping issues from being re-framed by right-wing politicians and that side of the media.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Yeah, I can understand them not wanting to actually implement UHC or punish the big banks, but not that they don't want to win elections. They didn't even try.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The current president is a democrat and his chances of winning re-election are really good. The poor are still getting hosed but the democrats aren't.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
I think losing in the midterms was more down to :argh: ARE BLACK PRESIDENT :argh: than not trying. There was a ton of fear & anger in white America post-Obama.

Besides, the Republicans have a significant advantage in being able to frame debate. They'd rather drive the Overton window right than try to capture the center. I think part of this has to stem from their supporters willingness to support ideological purity tests. When was the last time someone was run out of the Democratic party for opposing abortion or opposing gun control legislation?

As a result, it's a lot easier for Republicans to stay rigidly on message than the Democrats. I wouldn't attribute this to "the democrats didn't want to win".

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

quote:

TAKE TIME TO READ. It's worth reading it. Trust me :)

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

aww already posted, oops.

King Dopplepopolos
Aug 3, 2007

Give us a raise, loser!

Bruce Leroy posted:

No matter what he does, Barack Obama can't win with these people. He's in a perpetual catch-22 where he'll be criticized no matter what he does.

If he sends federal tax dollars to all the midwest flood victims, he gets criticized for subsidizing the bad decisions of Americans who chose to live on a flood plain and increasing the deficit, but if he doesn't send money, he gets criticized for being heartless towards their suffering and potentially even a racist because most of those flood victims were white. Where was all this outrage from conservatives about New Orleans during Katrina?

If he gives foreign dignitaries modern, yet personalized gifts that are relatively inexpensive (e.g. DVDs, personalized iPods, etc.) then he's criticized as lacking class, being dumb, and even "being ghetto" by more racist conservatives, but if he gives them some really fancy and expensive gifts then he's criticized for being a kleptocrat who is using our tax money to send gifts to his liberal European friends.

If he doesn't bow to the Saudi King or the Emperor of Japan, he gets criticized as lacking class and being disrespectful to our foreign allies, but if he does bow to them he gets criticized as submitting to foreign powers. Where were these conservatives when Bush literally kissed the Saudi King and walked hand-in-hand with him?

They hated it when Bush did it too. Every last one of them. Of course, they're lying, but that's what they'll say if you ask this, because in their mind admitting you're wrong means you're no longer the alpha dog.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

namesake posted:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar.

Is any of this getting through to you?

Like a balloon... and something bad happens!

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Chunk posted:

Wow, whoever wrote that really hates poor people.

One thing that causes me equal amounts of frustration and laughter is how conservatives think things like that are the height of humor and intelligence, but then the wonder why poor people tend to vote for more liberal and/or Democratic politicians.

And it's not even that it's just about poor people, conservatives spend the majority of each year stripping away the rights and protections for women, gays, blacks, Latinos, Muslims, and pretty much any group that isn't rich, white, Christian, male, heterosexuals, but then they lament how most people from those other groups won't vote for conservatives. "poo poo, why won't any of these Latinos vote for us after we spent the year demonizing all Latinos and enacting legislation to racially profile all of them as illegal immigrants?"

It's kind of like the schoolyard bully being confused about why he doesn't have any friends after he's spent the day tormenting everyone else.

myron cope posted:

It seems to be that the obsession stems from ACORN helping poor people and minorities, both of which are on the conservative "poo poo list."

Think about it this way, if you felt there was a group(s) of people who were, by and large, shiftless, lazy, stupid freeloaders, would you really want an organization to help those people exercise their right to vote? Or hell, if you simply thought that the organization was registering people mostly for the opposing political party, wouldn't you oppose them?

The entirely untrue bullshit about election fraud from ACORN just serves as the perfect support for their confirmation bias against the organization even though they opposed ACORN well before James O'Keefe made his fallacious videos.

King Dopplepopolos posted:

They hated it when Bush did it too. Every last one of them. Of course, they're lying, but that's what they'll say if you ask this, because in their mind admitting you're wrong means you're no longer the alpha dog.

Exactly.

The best part is when you pull a Daily Show-style clip juxtaposition showing conservative pundits defending Bush for something identical to what Obama is doing or, even better, a congressional voting record for conservative politicians.

E.g. Paul Ryan. If deficit spending is so terrible and the National Debt is so "immoral" to leave to future generations, then why did he vote for tax cuts while at the same time voting for two wars and a completely unfunded Medicare Part D expansion?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bruce Leroy posted:

The best part is when you pull a Daily Show-style clip juxtaposition showing conservative pundits defending Bush for something identical to what Obama is doing or, even better, a congressional voting record for conservative politicians.

E.g. Paul Ryan. If deficit spending is so terrible and the National Debt is so "immoral" to leave to future generations, then why did he vote for tax cuts while at the same time voting for two wars and a completely unfunded Medicare Part D expansion?
There have been flyers posted on bulletin boards advertising College Republicans with the tagline "Tired of Being Broke?" with Obama's symbol replacing the 'o' in Broke.

Two massive wars concurrent with enormous tax cuts, the original TARP bailout, and all the other spending/cuts - and the Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility? :crossarms:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Not to mention the age-old practice of Republicans cutting student aid. Most college Republicans are probably rich yuppies though so I guess it doesn't matter for them.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Dradien posted:

Just had this posted on my facebook from my soon to be Step-Father in law.

:ughh: I don't even know what the hell.
You could always cut out the relevant comic from here. Hell, you could use all of them although it sounds like this person wouldn't really get the point.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Lord, I got that ant and the grasshopper story from my grandparents back in 2002.

2004 and here it is!

quote:

> > The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building
> > his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
> >
> > The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays
> > the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.
> >
> > The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.
> >
> > MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!
> > > >
> >
> > MODERN VERSION:
> >
> > The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building
> > his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
> >
> > The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays
> > the summer away.
> >
> > Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and
> > demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well
fed
> > while
> > others are cold and starving.
> >
> > CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering
> > grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with
a
> > table
> > filled with food.
> >
> > America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a
> > country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer
so?
> >
> > Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody
> > cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."
> >
> > Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house
> > where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome."
> > Jesse
> > then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's
> > sake.
> >
> > Tom Daschle & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings
> > that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and
both
> > call
> > for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair
share."
> >
> > Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper
> > Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined
for
> > failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having
> > nothing
> > left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the
> > government.
> >
> > Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a
> > defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a
panel
> > of
> > federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent
> > welfare
> > recipients.
> >
> > The ant loses the case.
> >
> > The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits
> > of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just
> > happens to
> > be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't
maintain
> > it.
> >
> > The ant has disappeared in the snow.
> >
> > The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the
> > house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who
terrorize
> > the
> > once peaceful neighborhood.
> > > >
> > > > MORAL OF THE STORY: Vote Republican

They changed a few names to more recently newsworthy ones and added a line at the end warning that this will cause the entire free world to fold in on itself. This poo poo is just hilarious.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
From my mom's coworker:

quote:

I did not see yet that this has passed, but just FYI, and beware. I would not want my child, gay or not, harassed to the point some former children have been. The bill itself didn’t look all that dangerous, but a foot in the door…..

From: Eugene Delgaudio [mailto:eugene.delgaudio@traditionalvalues.us]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:48 PM
To: Crazy loving bitch my mom works with
Subject: Obama to mandate immoral education in schools

Dear pro-family American,

The Radical Homosexuals infiltrating the United States Congress have a plan:

Indoctrinate an entire generation of American children with pro-homosexual propaganda and eliminate traditional values from American society.

Their ultimate dream is to create a new America based on sexual promiscuity in which the values you and I cherish are long forgotten.

I hate to admit it, but if they pass the deceptively named "Student Non-Discrimination Act," (H.R. 998 & S. 555) that's exactly what they'll do.

Better named the "Homosexual Classrooms Act," its chief advocate in Congress is Rep. Jared Polis, himself an open homosexual and radical activist.

And it's dangerously close to becoming the law of the land.

H.R. 998 already has 157 co-sponsors in the House!

And S. 555 already has 37 co-sponsors in the Senate!

That's why I need you to act quickly -- right away -- to protect our nation's youth.

I have prepared the official "Protect Our Children's Innocence" Petition to Congress for you to sign.

Please click here to sign it right away so I can rush it to the Capitol with thousands more.

You and I must defeat this disastrous legislation.

You see, the Homosexual Classrooms Act contains a laundry list of anti-family provisions that will:
*** Require schools to teach appalling homosexual acts so "homosexual students" don't feel "singled out" during already explicit sex-ed classes;

*** Spin impressionable students in a whirlwind of sexual confusion and misinformation, even peer pressure to "experiment" with the homosexual "lifestyle;"

*** Exempt homosexual students from punishment for propositioning, harassing, or even sexually assaulting their classmates, as part of their specially-protected right to "freedom of self-expression;"

*** Force private and even religious schools to teach a pro-homosexual curriculum and purge any reference to religion if a student claims it creates a "hostile learning environment" for homosexual students.

And that's just the beginning of the Homosexual Lobby's radical agenda.

In fact, it will set them up to ram through their entire perverted vision for a homosexual America.

My friend, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this is not a fight we can afford to lose.

That's why Public Advocate is leading the fight against this immoral legislation.

This is a battle for the survival of American values and the fact is, there's no time to waste.

The Homosexual Classrooms Act will turn America's schools into indoctrination centers and its classrooms into social laboratories -- and they're pulling out all the stops to pass it.

You see, they've disguised the bill's wicked purpose behind an innocent name: "The Student Non-Discrimination Act."

The Homosexual Lobby knows that if the public knew the truth about their radical agenda, they'll have no hope of success.

And their dangerously close to ramming their perversity into law.

H.R. 998 already has 157 co-sponsors in the House!

And S. 555 already has 37 co-sponsors in the Senate!

You and I need to take action right now to stop the growing momentum of this disastrous legislation.

I've developed a massive program to launch the second they try to push this bill through -- mail, email, phones, and even radio and TV ads.

But that's only possible with your support...

None of these things are cheap. In fact, running a program of the size necessary to defeat this bill can get quite expensive especially with increases in postage and printing costs.

That's why I need your generous contribution. In addition to your signed "Protect Our Children's Innocence" Petition, will you contribute $250, $100, $50 or even just $35 right away.

And every dollar counts in this fight so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, it will make a difference.

Unfortunately, this agenda is nothing new.

In fact, other countries like Britain are already experimenting with this kind of legislation, such as mandating public schools inject pro-homosexual content into every aspect of education.

Word problems in math classes are now to include homosexual characters. History classes will document the "civil rights" struggle against the "oppressive" pro-family establishment.

And it's even started to infiltrate our state governments.

In California, lawmakers want to "require schools to portray lesbians, homosexuals, transsexuals ... as positive role models to children in all public schools."

Sexual deviants being held up as models of virtue?

If that makes you as sick as it makes me, you simply must join me in this battle for America's children.

Please sign the "Protect Our Children's Innocence" Petition to Congress and then send a generous contribution right away. Your action will make all the difference.

And if all that wasn't enough to convince you that action must be taken immediately, there's more.

Many say that there will always be private schools and traditional homeschool families to teach traditional values to the next generation.

But the truth is, this radical agenda is NOT restricted to public schools.

Kevin Jennings, while acting as Obama's "Safe Schools Czar," clearly stated that "every school, public, private or parochial has an obligation" to teach a pro-homosexual curriculum.

Jennings even denounced school choice programs as "very dangerous" because they make it much harder to impose the Homosexual Agenda on our kids. "Lord forbid a Baptist or Mormon school," he added.

Jennings' ultimate goal is for all curriculum in "kindergarten, and first grade, and second grade - every grade" be infused with a pro-homosexual slant.

Traditional values will be squashed and demonized as old fashioned or out of date, or even as bigotry.

You and I cannot let them succeed.

Please sign the "Protect Our Children's Innocence" Petition to Congress I've prepared for you right away.

And along with your petition, would you please send a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35.

And every dollar counts in this fight so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, it will make a difference.

Thank you so much for all you have done.

Sincerely,

Eugene Delgaudio
President,
Public Advocate of the U.S.
P.S. Radical Homosexuals in Congress have a plan to indoctrinate our children in schools -- both public and private.

But Public Advocate is taking a stand. Will you join me?

Please sign the "Protect Our Children's Innocence" Petition to Congress I've enclosed.

And please, along with your petition, would you please send a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35 right away?

Because everyone knows that sex ed is fully comprehensive and not abstienence-only, and those fags outnumber us!*

*if you count most of the closetted GOP

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Radical Homosexuals
Homosexual Classrooms Act
Homosexual Lobby
Pro-Homosexual Injectors
Public Advocate
Models of Virtue

I'm always amazed about how many great band names these chain letters come up with.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

quote:

Exempt homosexual students from punishment for propositioning, harassing, or even sexually assaulting their classmates, as part of their specially-protected right to "freedom of self-expression;
This definitely sounds real. I better sign the petition right away!!!

It's not even like the bill is thousands of pages long or anything...it's like 3. I bet it would shock you to learn that nothing in the bill even resembles the stuff mentioned in the email:

quote:

SEC. 4. PROHIBITION AGAINST DISCRIMINATION; EXCEPTIONS.
(a) In General- No student shall, on the basis of actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity of such individual or of a person with whom the student associates or has associated, be excluded from participation in, or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

(b) Harassment- For purposes of this Act, discrimination includes, but is not limited to, harassment of a student on the basis of actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity of such student or of a person with whom the student associates or has associated.

(c) Retaliation Prohibited-

(1) PROHIBITION- No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, retaliation, or reprisal under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance based on his or her opposition to conduct made unlawful by this Act.

(2) DEFINITION- For purposes of this subsection, ‘opposition to conduct made unlawful by this Act’ includes, but is not limited to--

(A) opposition to conduct reasonably believed to be made unlawful by this Act,

(B) any formal or informal report, whether oral or written, to any governmental entity, including public schools and employees thereof, regarding conduct made unlawful by this Act or reasonably believed to be made unlawful by this Act,

(C) participation in any investigation, proceeding, or hearing related to conduct made unlawful by this Act or reasonably believed to be made unlawful by this Act, and

(D) assistance or encouragement provided to any other person in the exercise or enjoyment of any right granted or protected by this Act,

if in the course of that expression, the person involved does not purposefully provide information known to be false to any public school or other governmental entity regarding a violation, or alleged violation, of this Act.
THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA :argh: :argh:

I guess you could interpret "no student shall be excluded from..." as "male teachers must penetrate each other (in front of the students) so gay kids don't feel bad" or whatever they imagine will happen. If you are literally insane.

Also,

quote:

This bill has a 2% chance of being enacted. The following factors were considered:

The sponsor is a member of the minority party. (-2%)

There is at least one cosponsor from the majority party and one cosponsor outside of the majority party. (+2%)
OH GOD NO, NOT A 2% CHANCE! (from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr998)

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

From my mom's coworker:

Because everyone knows that sex ed is fully comprehensive and not abstienence-only, and those fags outnumber us!*

A few things:

1. I just want to punch these people in their loving faces when they label themselves as "pro-family" to not subtly insinuate that LGBTQ people and their supporters are "anti-family."

quote:

Their ultimate dream is to create a new America based on sexual promiscuity in which the values you and I cherish are long forgotten.
Do these people think that sexual promiscuity is a new thing that was just invented in the 20th century by dirty liberal, commmie, socialists?

quote:

*** Require schools to teach appalling homosexual acts so "homosexual students" don't feel "singled out" during already explicit sex-ed classes
Umm, heterosexuals frequently perform these "homosexual acts," too, especially oral sex.

quote:

*** Spin impressionable students in a whirlwind of sexual confusion and misinformation, even peer pressure to "experiment" with the homosexual "lifestyle;"
My god, what an evil thing it is to not discourage people from exploring their homosexual urges.

quote:

*** Exempt homosexual students from punishment for propositioning, harassing, or even sexually assaulting their classmates, as part of their specially-protected right to "freedom of self-expression;"
Total bullshit. Sexual assault will always be criminal and unprotected.

quote:

The Homosexual Classrooms Act will turn America's schools into indoctrination centers and its classrooms into social laboratories -- and they're pulling out all the stops to pass it.

You see, they've disguised the bill's wicked purpose behind an innocent name: "The Student Non-Discrimination Act."
See, because not discriminating against student for being gay is the same as making classrooms into dens of homosexual indoctrination. Stop being intolerant of my intolerance!

quote:

Word problems in math classes are now to include homosexual characters. History classes will document the "civil rights" struggle against the "oppressive" pro-family establishment.
Yeah, how dare they normalize homosexuality by treating gays as people and including them in word problems and discussing their roles in history!

quote:

In California, lawmakers want to "require schools to portray lesbians, homosexuals, transsexuals ... as positive role models to children in all public schools."

Sexual deviants being held up as models of virtue?

If that makes you as sick as it makes me, you simply must join me in this battle for America's children.
How dare you call me a homophobe just because I called gays "sexual deviants" who "make me sick"!!

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Hey now they just want to be able to teach their kids what they think is right without

*Remembers the Matthew Shepard case*

Right, gently caress those assholes, the fact that people like this still exist is the best argument in favor of pushing a "homosexual agenda" relentlessly

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Kosmonaut posted:

Hey now they just want to be able to teach their kids what they think is right without

*Remembers the Matthew Shepard case*

Right, gently caress those assholes, the fact that people like this still exist is the best argument in favor of pushing a "homosexual agenda" relentlessly

Homosexual Agenda
*Basic Human rights
*Being fabulous 24/7
*Fluoridate the water

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

I might have some trouble keeping up that level of fabulousness but we all have to make sacrifices

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I'm new to the topic, and although the video is ~5.5 min long, I hope it inspires you guys to think next time you post about supporting a man who wants to make you poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8O7V-WxWQ&feature=share

Edit: In keeping with the spirit of the thread, this is making the rounds between my uncle/aunt/parents on facebook.

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 18, 2012

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8O7V-WxWQ&feature=youtu.be

Just got this gem from my grandma. It's a video reenactment of that stupid-rear end economics class talking about socialism thing.

Let's take something incredibly complicated and attempt to make it simple and elementary!

EDIT: Wow right after I posted

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crazyweasel posted:

I'm new to the topic, and although the video is ~5.5 min long, I hope it inspires you guys to think next time you post about supporting a man who wants to make you poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8O7V-WxWQ&feature=share

Edit: In keeping with the spirit of the thread, this is making the rounds between my uncle/aunt/parents on facebook.
This is so dumb I don't even know where to begin.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

When people use "entitlements" as a negative my eye starts to twitch and I want to choke someone.

e:

Grimdude posted:

EDIT: Wow right after I posted

and also right before you posted!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

From my mom's coworker:

The word "ram" is used in that like, a lot. Here, have an antidote:

quote:

It must be awful, being a homophobe. Having to spend all that time obsessing about what gay people might be doing with their genitals. Seeing it in your mind, over and over again, in high-definition close-up. Bravely you masturbate, to make the pictures go away, but to no avail. They're seared onto your mental membranes. Every time you close your eyes, an imaginary gay man's imaginary penis rises from the murk, bowing ominously in your direction, sensing your discomfort. Laughing. Mocking. Possibly even winking. How dare they, this man and his penis? How dare they do this to you?

Obviously you can't fight the big gay penis in your head. It has no physical form, so you can't get a grip on it, much as you'd like to. You'd love to grab it and throttle it until it splutters its last. That might bring you closure. But no. So you do the next best thing. You condemn homosexuals in the real world. Maybe if they could just stop all this "being gay" business for 10 minutes, you'd get some respite from that scary headcock. It might shrivel away completely, leaving nothing behind. Except maybe a nice bit of bum.

No, dammit! Forget I said that! No bum either!

From the inestimable Charlie Brooker: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/15/charlie-brooker-gay-video-game

GlennBeckistan
Jun 2, 2009

Wulfolme posted:

Lord, I got that ant and the grasshopper story from my grandparents back in 2002.

2004 and here it is!
The original moral is "gently caress you got mine" and the modern version is just straight up "gently caress the poor". Well, at least they're getting to the heart of their ideology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

From the inestimable Charlie Brooker: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/15/charlie-brooker-gay-video-game
God I loving love Charlie Brooker.