Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POTUShead
Sep 23, 2006

Saw this post on Huffington and thought of this thread. The author had a systems analyst go back through the paths of a bunch of right-wing FWDs and found a large amount of them lead back to Patriot Depot.

quote:

A good deal of the "conservative revolution" is produced by Patriot Depot™, a division of Discount Book Distributors, a Georgia corporation founded in 2007 by Brandon Vallorani, an MBA with a graphic design background. His Chief Operating Officer is another MBA, Jay Taylor, whose undergraduate degree was in computer engineering.

Patriot Depot, which advertises "Supplies for the Conservative Revolution," now has nine employees in White Hall, West Virginia, mostly packing and shipping books, DVDs, bumper stickers, and t-shirts with original messages like, I'll keep my guns, freedom & money... you can keep the "change!" Taylor told me that the company has sold nearly 100,000 Keep the "change!" bumper stickers.

Almost every day, Patriot Depot sends more than 100,000 individuals emails with original content such as "The Ten Commandments According to Obama"-- the first of which is:

quote:

Thou shalt have no God in America, except for me. For we are no longer a Christian nation and, after all, I am the chosen One. (And like God, I do not have a birth certificate.)

These "Commandments" also are for sale at Patriot Depot on a t-shirt.

Which brings us to emailers with itchy FWD fingers.

"We hope they'll forward the emails on," Taylor says. He acknowledges that such people serve as unwitting salespeople in a multi-tiered marketing system, like Amway's.

He is reluctant to divulge the resulting annual sales, other than "between one and ten million dollars." An educated guess is $3.5 million. "Initially it was a business opportunity," he says. "Then we saw an opportunity to get the message out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU