Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer
Your friend is terrible.

Also, I was wondering about this last bit here:

quote:

keshik: what if it infringes on peoples' property rights but not on their liberty

friend: property rights are inherent to liberty

keshik: EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION
keshik: BOOM HEADSHOT

I'm missing something here, and while it's probably something simple, it's eluding me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Sword of Chomsky posted:

fixed the end.

Edit:

I made the mistake of responding to a few email forwards my dad sent me with thought out rebuttals. I am now not speaking with my father. I am debating on putting the exchange up here for amusement, but it is really just sad.

That's the whole point of the thread. Sad or not, you should share it with us.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

tek79 posted:

This type of chain email is particularly obnoxious and seems to be a common theme. It basically assumes that you can throw together any poo poo pile of conservative talking point nonsense into one letter/email, and so long as the "author" served in the military (or shits red, white and blue in his depends), that anything in said letter has unquestionable credence.

Has anyone ever gotten a mail like this, but from a left-leaning veteran? It wouldn't have the same impact as OBOMBER DESTROYING ARE COUNTRY I HELPED SAVE but I'm sure there msut be one floating around soemwhere.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Zalb posted:

Remember Piss Christ?

I don't recall anyone burning down the suburbs in Chicago over it :colbert:

I am seriously lucky that my family doesn't really use email for much of anything aside from planning family reunions every few years or for work.

Then again, I have to live vicariously through you guys, so...

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Schweig und tanze posted:

Got this from my mom yesterday...it was the first crazy fwd email I've responded to, I was so disgusted by it and the fact that anyone would find it worth passing on. Not to mention it took me all of 10 seconds to look it up on Snopes and see that it's fake.

Seriously...the implication that lazyass coloreds sit around with their thumbs up their asses while hardworking white amurricans bootstrap it on up is insulting, racist, and ridiculous.

Yes, how dare those lazy Americans demand that the government they pay taxes to help them when us REAL AMERICANS just start shoveling!

Not like there is a difference between losing power to my house, and having it flooded out and uninhabitable, nope.

quote:

No one looted.

You mean that, in nearly four feet of snow, with severe wind, people were not out looting? :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

Is Pearl Harbor day usually on calendars, aside from maybe VFW ones? How about V-J or V-E day?

We all remember the day those jihadists in their Mitsubishi Zeroes attacked Pearl Harbor and sank the USS Arizona.

Jesus Christ already.

Wait, I think I have it here! The problem must be that this person has a bad dictionary which uses the words 'calendar' and 'infamy' interchangeably! :saddowns: