Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009
Are you guys still up for propagating a faked FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD e-mail or has it already been done? If so, where can I get a copy? :)

On a related note, do you think that "the Right" will have a positive or negative reaction to government obama care extending free abortion service to illegal immigrants? How about free "death panels" or whatever for illegals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

BullitNutz posted:

It works well when you incrementally increase the bullshit until they're trapped in a whirlwind of irrelevance they simply cannot yell their way out of.

Yeah pretty much. Gullible people are going to be gullible people.

messages shouted out like "keep the government out of my medicare!" by an anti-healthcare protester do more to defeat them then informed arguments made towards them, since it's the general public that needs convincing, not the die-hard anti-Obama people and not the liberals. If the general public thinks they are crazy, then that's great for healthcare. Trolling Supplying them with a little extra crazy is just a little step towards that eventual goal, and we can't be blamed for putting words in their mouth if they pick it up and run with it themselves. Maybe in the future, faked warnings like this may make people skeptical about healthcare a bit more wary of lies coming from the direction of anti-healthcare.

I really like that death panels point system. That, or maybe a warning about government takeover of Medicare and Social Security should also rile [conservative family member] up a bit. EDIT: or links between terrorists and democrats(so that's why democrats are soft on terror!)

I occasionally get crazy FWD's, and I posted some e-mail conversations in the "republicans devouring themselves" thread. Most of the ones I've been getting recently have been just links to Newsmax articles and shittons of Newsmax ads.that my family member deemed appropriate.

Banana Factory fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 25, 2009

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

VROOM VROOM posted:

*removed like 9 nested FW:FW:FW, also all of this is centered and on a lime green background*

Oh, dad.
you should send them a "if you do not FWD this you will have bad luck forever! and turn into a democrat!" and see if it catches on

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009

Megiddo posted:

How about this:

nice picture. How about this for an article to go along with it?
FORWARD THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND MAYBE WE'LL WATCH IT ON CNN
IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL HAVE YOUR LOVELIFE RUINED FOR FIFTY YEARS

quote:

THIS JUST IN, BREAKING NEWS: NEW FEDERAL PRISON CAMP CONSTRUCTED FOR POLITICAL PRISONERS

Incoming news from Cumberland Gap, Tennessee: Local sources have confirmed that construction is underway for a federal prison camp. Small portions of the structure have been completed and inmates are already beginning to fill its cells. But they're no ordinary inmates. They're American citizens that have been caught and identified as Activist Conservatives by the Obama Administration. THAT'S RIGHT! They are beginning to target everyone who disagrees with them politically and PUTTING THEM IN PRISON!!!

We were able to secure a private interview with one inmate. For the safety of his family, we'll call him "John". John claims he had been surfing the government website "www.cars.gov" just hours before a SWAT team busted down his door and arrested him, and that officials have refused to state the charges against him. He believes that after surfing a number of Conservative Activist websites, he visited cars.gov and the website picked up on this previous web history information. Again, officials refused to speak with us on the subject.

I suggest that you start watching what you do and say on the Internet. Big Brother has a way of intercepting free speech going through the Internet and letting the Government know who sent it. Write to your Congressman that you will not stand for this sort of barbaric treatment, and forward this to your entire family so they can keep themselves safe.

if there were any spelling or grammar errors.... just imagine it was meant to make the FWD mail more convincing.

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009
Here's the new version of the FWD, I think made a lot more believable, with some big words thrown in there for credibility. Let me know what you guys think

Megiddo posted:

quote:

THIS JUST IN, BREAKING NEWS: NEW FEDERAL PRISON CAMP CONSTRUCTED FOR POLITICAL PRISONERS

Incoming news from Cumberland Gap, Tennessee: Local sources have confirmed that construction is underway for a federal prison camp. Small portions of the structure have been completed and inmates are already beginning to fill its cells. But they're no ordinary inmates. They're American citizens that have been caught and identified as Activist Conservatives by the Obama Administration. The federal prison camp is authorized due to a bill in Congress that has been recently passed with little media attention. BILL HR 3501 will make it illegal to criticize the new health plan or the Government, and it would authorize the creation of a new federal prison camp, some already under construction (picture) that would house prisoners in a new secret and unaccountable court system...

Since we were unable to secure any interviews with any of the inmates, we talked to the family of one prisoner. For the safety of him and his family, we'll call him "John". John's family says he had been surfing the government website "https://www.cars.gov" just hours before a SWAT team busted down his door and arrested him, and that officials have refused to state the charges against him. The family believes that after surfing a number of Conservative Activist websites, he visited cars.gov and this website picked up on this previous web history information. Again, officials refused to speak with us on the subject nor will they give an estimated time before release. Since John is the breadwinner for the family, his wife and children will need to find some way to pay the mortgage soon.

There is no way to tell how many arrests have been made or how many inmates are within the walls of this new prison camp. All information about this facility are covered under "Executive Privilege" and therefore impossible to obtain, even with a Freedom of Information Act request.

I suggest that you start watching what you do and say on the Internet. Big Brother has a way of intercepting free speech going through the Internet and letting the Government know who sent it. Write to your Congressman that you will not stand for this sort of barbaric treatment, and forward this to your entire family so they can keep themselves safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Factory
Mar 14, 2009
I like the new formatting! It adds a definite air of legitimacy.

Be sure to keep https://www.cars.gov hyperlinked, just to scare the poo poo out of them as a single stray click may send them to that deathtrap of a website!

What is a good image host that can handle the bandwidth of a million Activist Conservatives making GBS threads themselves? If one of you has your own host, we can also track the number of people trying to access it (or any future images from SA generated chain mails) and see how popular it really gets.

edit: and report their IP addresses to the government hurr hurr hurr

Megiddo posted:

I can take a picture of a better sign, there's another one that's intact and looks newer. Or you could just add that the camp was set up during the Bush administration because as every Glenn Beck fan knows, both Republicans and Democrats are part of the cancer that is progressivism that is trying to enslave us.

make sure its extra scary!

Banana Factory fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 27, 2009