Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
That letter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

Looks like my dad has been suckered by the propaganda :cry:. I like how bad the analogy of GPA redistribution = social programs is.

And that little girl was Albert Einstein. :smugbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

cheerfullydrab posted:

It was the first thought in a lot of people's minds. Also there was this:

And this:

B-b-b-but those are surveyor's symbols!

Loving Life Partner posted:

So wait, people like actually just dismiss Snopes if you reply to a chain bullshit thing with it? drat.

What about Politifact? It's a good, well sourced resource as well.

Ehh, it tries too hard to find an equivalence. I fail to see how the Democrats' claim that the Republican Medicare plan would cost double that it actually would is a worse lie than Jon Kyl's not-intended-to-be-a-factual-statement about Planned Parenthood doing 30 times more abortions than it actually does.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

I think you meant to say the best part is the non-Euclidean bench that guy is sitting on.

(Click for big.)

e: Here's the massive .tif file for that: http://cl.ly/1q2o3z0X0y3Q0a0x2T3I

Lincoln looks like part of a barbershop quartet. How ironic that he probably never went to the barber. :haw:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

yaoi prophet posted:

Oh god, that is brilliant. I was full of mirth by the end.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

And that bear-Marine was Albert Einstein.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know where Americans get the idea that British schools are indoctrination centres. We were pretty much told "some people are gay, don't be arseholes" and left to our own devices. Mostly because sexuality, like religion, is understood to be kept in the house.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

madlobster posted:

A woman from La Mesa, California, went to Tijuana, Mexico, to do some shopping. As any visitor to this border town knows, the streets near the shopping areas are populated with stray dogs. The woman took pity on one little stray and offered it a few bites of her lunch, after which it followed her around for the rest of the afternoon.

When it came time to return home, the woman had become so attached to her little friend that she couldn't bear to leave him behind. Knowing that it was illegal to bring a dog across the international border, she hid him among some packages on the seat of her car and managed to pass through the border checkpoint without incident. After arriving home, she gave the dog a bath, brushed his fur, then retired for the night with her newfound pet curled up at the foot of her bed.

When she awoke the next morning, the woman noticed that there was an oozing mucus around the dog's eyes and a slight foaming at the mouth. Afraid that the dog might be sick, she rushed him to a nearby veterinarian and returned home to await word on her pet's condition.

The call soon came. "I have just one question," said the vet. "Where did you get this dog?"

The woman didn't want to get into trouble, so she told the vet that she had found the dog running loose in the street near her home in La Mesa.

But the vet didn't buy it. "You did not find this dog in La Mesa. Where did you get the dog?"

The woman nervously admitted having brought the dog across the border from Tijuana. "But tell me, doctor," she said. "What is wrong with my dog?"

His reply was brief and to the point. "First of all, it's not a dog — it's a democrat. And second, it's President Obama."

And that dog was Albert Einstein.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Also, one of the first treaties the US signed was with a Muslim state in which they say they harbour no ill will to Muslims.

This is the same treaty conservatives like to pretend doesn't exist as it declares the US as irreligious.

Also, Jefferson is well known for owning a Quran.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Whenever I hear someone use the Second Law to disprove evolution, I say "well, I agree. For evolution to occur on Earth there needs to be a massive source of energy that can cover the entire planet. Akin to this submission to FSTDT:

quote:

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

llama_arse posted:

Just had the following dose of homophobia and Islamophobia come across my news feed, with the brief comment "love this guy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhxadPHt4s

The guy who posted it is a pretty typical libertarian (agnostic, free market obsessed, legalize drugs/prostitution, etc.), which is annoying but not enough to make me defriend him. Then he goes and posts this rant from someone who sounds like a senior member of the EDL and I don't know what to think.

You've come across Pat Condell, the racist granddad of the atheist movement. We tend to ignore him.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

EnsGDT posted:

A kid I know on Facebook. I thought I had him ignored on my newsfeed but I guess not!

:siren:Class Warfare Against the Rich!:siren:

Those poor rich, they never catch any of the breaks.

Hey, :clegg: might be a slimy bint, but I don't get why he gets all the blame for stuff on the other side of the Atlantic. Especially when the Democrats are more like the left of our Tory party.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Obama: The Most Arrogant Man in the World

I don't always push traditionally Republican policies, but when I do...

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Sarion posted:

Except (big surprise here) abortions. Each State must have at least 1 plan in their Exchange that does NOT cover abortion, for people who object to the idea of their money being spent on abortions (because they think that once you give away your money, its still really yours). Unfortunately, the reverse is not true; there is no requirement that every State Exchange offers at least 1 plan which covers abortion. So if Mississippi wants to make it so that 100% of the Private Insurance Plans offered through their Exchange (does not impact Employer insurance plans), deny abortion coverage, they can. But this is a double whammy of STATES RITES and ABORTION BAD, so I doubt it will upset conservatives too much.

One of my favourite pieces of feminist writing is Gloria Steinem's "If Men Could Menstruate", because it does make the brilliant point that all this stuff is really hatred of women cloaked in religious dogma cloaked in conservative language. But back to the feminism thread I should go.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Conservatives on Twitter are so fun to watch being brazenly racist. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Loving Life Partner posted:

This one is going around heavy right now (because what person doesn't love Morgan Freeman?)

If you get it, make sure to click and look at all the insulated WASPs cheering on what a fantastic idea Mr. Freeman has come up with.

Just stop talking about it and it'll go away, poof!

Also some weird griping about reparations.

Yeah, just an ugly little thing.

The Guerrilla Girls had the better response to the concept of Black History Month:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It's a shame in that respect that the personhood amendments didn't pass; I would've loved to see the seventeen year olds claming their right to vote because life in their states starts 38 weeks before their birth.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Coelacanthian posted:

Jesus tapdancing Christ. I posted something the other day regarding the new parts of the Affordable Care act that just came into effect yesterday, mostly so my female friends are aware that, you know, "free" birth control! Then this supreme deuche posts this right under it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FNDRgPOLs Link to a lovely video

And also this nifty quote: ‎"The difference between you and a common thief is that the thief has the honesty to commit the crime himself, while you whine to the government to do your stealing for you."

I wanna burn this shitheel so badly. I made it through about one minute of that video and I just... it's so drat self-righteous and lovely, I'm having a hard time putting it into words.

Oh god at that video description and its tags. Trying to court the anarchist movement by talking about state oppression and all that malarkey. Hopefully most anarchists will see right through it.

(By the way, if anyone ever calls themselves a "voluntarist", they're libertarians co-opting anarchist language. Which would be fine if libertarians weren't uniformly shitheels)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Imperialist Dog posted:

By Chinese politics, this is actually a left-wing Facebook issue (left-wing is equivalent to anything regarding China and Communist issues) but by our standards it's right-wing hawkishness. Basically Chinese people are going nuts again over a few specks of rock in the ocean. The last time this happened the school I work at had primary 5 students speak at the morning flag-raising ceremony about "Japan has violated sacred Chinese territory! Japan get out of our islands!" ... when we have Japanese children attending our school. Since I wanted to be ready in case it happens again, I did some research on the issue and the following argument ensued. I'm green, my sensible Chinese friend is blue and red is a Chinese ex-coworker who is now a school vice-principal. Red also knows that my uni major was Asian history and I can speak/read Japanese and Chinese. Through reading of this forum, I hope I argued correctly. If anyone wants to skim over the wall of text and point out where I could have argued better I would be grateful, though.

You could've compared it to the Falklands dispute for a similar issue: the islands changed hands several times between British and Spanish Empires, and by the late eighteenth century it had settled down and populated by Argentinians, who lived on the islands until about 1832, at which point they left (either by force or voluntarily upon request, it's disputed) and the islands were (re-)settled by the British. In 1982, to stroke their metaphorical dick and to take advantage of a weakened military situation due to budget cuts in Britain, the ruling junta invade the Falklands and occupy them for a few months before the British push them out again. Now there may be oil there, the Argentinians are sabre-rattling again.

It's also fun to see the descendants of (Spanish) colonists complain about how British settlement of the Falklands is itself imperialism. The indigenous population of the islands are penguins, after all.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 18, 2012

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Bruce Leroy posted:

The states' rights aspect of the Civil War doesn't really hold water if you look at the events directly preceding the Civil War. The South not only didn't mind that the fugitive slave laws and Dred Scott decision eviscerated the states' rights of the North not to have slavery in their state boundaries, the South actually pushed for these things, with the end goal of de facto expanding slavery to free states through federal fiat. Even more interesting is how loving pissed off the South got when several state governments of the North explicitly came out in defiance of fugitive slave laws and said they were nullifying SCOTUS' Dred Scott decision forcing them to comply with the fugitive slave laws.

The rank hypocrisy by the South during this period preceding Lincoln's election shows just how flimsy the states' rights justification and historical apologism is. The South didn't give two shits about states' rights other than their own and were perfectly willing to use federal power to force other states to abide by their will until it looked like that federal power could be used against them. So, the Civil War was pretty much like that popular website "The only moral abortion is my abortion." The South gave no fucks about states' rights until it came to their turn to exercise them.

As for the Lincoln stuff, he actually was completely against slavery, it's just that there were two main philosophies in the Republican Party, (1) end slavery ASAP with a constitutional amendment vs. (2) end slavery over time by letting new territories become free states and letting the powerful northern free states influence them to outlaw slavery. Lincoln was of the latter school of thought but once the Civil War broke out, he kind of sidelined that idea in favor of his single-minded desire to reunite the nation, which is where that famous letter that you posted comes in.

As for abolition wrecking the South's economy, that's true but the South only had itself to blame. It chose to focus entirely on slave-based agriculture because it made them quite rich and they had a stranglehold on the global cotton market, hence "King Cotton." They were even planning on using this to coerce France and Britain into helping them in the Civil War, but that ended up not working (for various reasons). The South had previously gotten pissed off because they wanted higher prices for the raw materials they sold to the North and didn't like paying lots of money for finished goods made in northern factories, but again, this was their fault for not building many factories of their own to compete. At least the American revolutionaries were restricted by British law into becoming dependent on British products made with American raw materials, but the South did it to themselves. This actually became one of the South's main weaknesses in the Civil War as they didn't have the industrial infrastructure to manufacture the war materials that the North could.

To digress from Civil War chat, anyone get any good emails, comments, etc. about Paul Ryan apparently being a big Rage Against the Machine fan and Tom Morello releasing a blistering editorial against him? Most that I've seen so far are pretty tepid and generally revolve around Morello somehow being a hypocrite because he got rich playing guitar in RATM. Apparently, you're only allowed to criticize Paul Ryan, capitalism, American foreign policy, corporatism, etcif you're middle class.

Not even middle class; Louise Mensch, (former) MP for Corby famously repeated the line that you can't be a proper Occupy protester if you drink Starbucks.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Guilty Spork posted:

I'm sure no one's surprised that when I did a quick Google search just now about it one of the first results was from PolitiFact, and they gave it a Pants on Fire rating.

Of course, if PolitiFact's evaluations are any indication, it's pretty much safe to assume that chain e-mails are false.

Politifact does reach into the "same thing both sides" fallacy from time to time:

Not-intended-to-be-factual statement that Planned Parenthood uses 99% of its federal funding for abortions (actual figure: 3% of total expenditure, sequestered from federal funding): False
Claim that Republican Medicare plans will cost each senior $12k/yr (actual figure: $6k/yr): Pants on Fire, Lie of the Year.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

SonicBoom posted:

The thing is, IIRC some turbofan blades and other aircraft components ARE designed with help from evolutionary algorithms that undergo a sort of natural selection. So, when he claims that he wouldn't want to be on a plane designed by evolutionary principles(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxX11c1cSWU&t=85s) it's likely that he has if he's flown on a recently designed plane. (Of course his bullshit 'throw all the pieces on the runway and they self-assemble' doesn't happen)

fake edit: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1207/1207.0743.pdf ; it doesn't say if any engine manufacturers have used it, but it's quite possible.

Referred to Dawkins et al as the Ultimate Boeing 747 gambit. The problem is that creationists are taking the fact that a very unlikely event happened (creation of multicellular life) to argue that it's too unlikely to happen therefore God. It's logically fallacious; we don't say that the last three lottery results has a 1-in-a-quadrillion chance of happening, therefore God made that happen.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Romney has released his certification of live birth, but not the long form birth certificate.

Where birth certificate where.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Augster posted:

From facebook:

sigh

Buying a season ticket to an amusement park: constitutionally guaranteed right.

Also, you Americans really need ID to get train tickets? I'm getting on a train tommorow and all I need to do is pay money for my ticket, on the train itself.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Ever watch the daily show where they show 50 pundits saying the same phrase? It's not a meme or anything. They literally have taking points.

Conan O'Brien really pushed the envelope on late night television.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Re: "waaaah white history month where nobama where :qq", I love posting this image:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

VideoTapir posted:

Does China count?

One of my favourite parts of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea is that it's none of those things.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

XyloJW posted:

It's North Korea alright. As noted above, Holy Roman Empire takes the cake for nisnomer.

Welp, the "North" shouldn't be there. Without it, it's wholly untrue. Not democratic, not of the people, not a republic (seriously, it's a quasi-Stalinist monarchy), and not encompassing all of Korea.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

There's probably a racial element to gun politics too. Conservative reactions to the Fast and Furious affair seem, to me, to imply that they think that only white people should have guns.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I should point out that there was a spike in deaths at the beginning of January and the end of December 2010, as old people tried to either hang on or give up to avoid the tax hit. There'll probably be a similar spike in the next six weeks.

(e: the following is a copy of a post I made a few months ago)

Al Franken's book Lies actually has a relatively good chapter about GWB's tax policy that touches on the estate tax debate in the U.S. about ten years ago: basically, the estate tax threshold hadn't rose with inflation in some time, so a small percentage of farm owners would have to pay estate tax upon their death (at below-inflation interest rates for 14 years for any assets over $2.6 million). The Republicans seized upon that and painted anyone who didn't support full repeal of the "death tax" as wanting to hurt working Americans with small businesses and yada yada yada.

The kicker? Before Bush took office, only 2% of all estates had to pay the estate tax. And the Democrats offered amendments raising the exemption to $4 million, $8 million, and finally $100 million to call them out on the "small business" argument. All three amendments failed. The chapter ends with this brilliant quote:

quote:

Any time that a liberal points out that the wealthy are disproportionately benefiting from Bush’s tax policies, Republicans shout, "class warfare!"

In her book A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century, Barbara Tuchman writes about a peasant revolt in 1358 that began in the village of St. Leu and spread throughout the Oise Valley. At one estate, the serfs sacked the manor house, killed the knight, and roasted him on a spit in front of his wife and kids. Then, after ten or twelve peasants violated the lady, with the children still watching, they forced her to eat the roasted flesh of her dead husband and then killed her.

That is class warfare.

Arguing over the optimum marginal tax rate for the top one percent is not.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 19, 2012

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Thomase posted:

Deficit and debt are too high!

Whoooooooa! Not my taxes!

Yeah, that was their reasoning. It's called death elasticity and apparently also happened when Australia abolished its inheritance tax in the 70s :shrug:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Well, at least he has a doctorate. Gillian McKeith, famous poo poo-examiner, doesn't even have a postgraduate degree, leading Ben Goldacre to repeatedly refer to as "Gillian McKeith, or to use her full title, Gillian McKeith".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So it would be nice if you stopped constantly feigning amazement that the solutions here are different. I'm sorry a late-industrialized half-third-world country isn't as nice and fluffy as a rich old-school postcolonial Northern European state.

Anyway, "content". A facebook friend posts this blood splatter specimen

I pointed out that the issue of population density is related to how dense it is within the besieged territory (Paris isn't under siege, etc), we'll see how that goes.

:eng101: the only independent states that are more densely populated than the Gaza Strip are both city-states: Monaco and Singapore. Compared against the entire Palestinian territories: the Vatican, Bahrain, Malta, the Maldives, and Bangladesh.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

ultimateforce posted:

Arm all teachers with hammers I guess?

"Obama's eviction notice"? Isn't that just the 22nd Amendment? :v:

Without getting into gun politics, can you use a gun for anything other than shooting live things? I mean, isn't "don't point it at something you aren't prepared to kill" like, Rule Zero of Gun Safety?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Wang_Tang posted:

I can't vouch for the guy's deep, personal views. But according to what I've read, he did renounce his earlier, racist agenda. But in the end, that still does not excuse one from what they did.

But trying to tie his own lovely beliefs to the party which held polar opposite beliefs is just retarded.

Byrd said that when he was 27. He has since apologised for it a thousand times, was willing to apologise a thousand more before his death, and was completely open about the fact he used to be racist, as opposed to cloaked racism from the Republicans that often sneaks out.

Lee Atwater, Reagan and Bush 41 strategist, 1981 posted:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family." By 1968 you can't say "friend of the family" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "friend of the family, friend of the family."

Trent Lott (R-MS), then-Senate Majority Leader, 2002 posted:

When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either.

Anyway, Daily Kos, even though it's painstakingly, somewhat pretentiously, New York Times liberal, has a brilliant response to the household argument:

quote:

In my Facebook feed the other morning, I saw someone sharing one of these notions that seems like basic common sense, until you start thinking about it and realize that common sense is often more common than sense. The claim was that you can put the fiscal cliff—the federal budget, really—in better perspective by taking eight zeroes off the end of a series of numbers and thinking of it as a family budget. Now, families and governments actually aren't a good comparison, as economists (and common sense, if that's your speed) would tell you. But since a lot of people find this basic idea a powerful comparison, let's think about what if the United States was a big extended family living under one roof with one budget.

What happened in this Facebook share once those zeroes were gone?

quote:

Annual family income: $21,700
Money the family spent: $38,200
New debt on the credit card: $16,500
Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Budget cuts so far: $38.50

First off, this set of numbers tips its hand by only talk about cutting budgets, not increasing income for this fictional family. Which is interesting, because one of the big problems the America-family has is that a bunch of rich relatives are living in the house not doing their fair share to cover expenses. We've got an uncle who's down in the kitchen all the time telling the rest of us to eat nothing but beans and rice because we can't afford fresh vegetables and meat, and telling us to turn down the heat in the house if we're having trouble covering the power bill. And no, he's not going to share his giant steak because it's his and he bought it with his own money. But meanwhile, we're paying the electric bill for that space heater he's always running in his room, because he's not gonna be cold even if the rest of us are. And we're paying the gas bill for cooking that steak he didn't share. So a big part of that spending problem we allegedly have is that some people aren't acting like we're a family where everyone contributes to the income side.
Another part of why our family budget is hurting is that the factory in town that a couple family members made a good living working at for years or even decades closed down. Now sister's still unemployed and the best job dad could find was working at Staples for $9 an hour. And since when the factory closed, he lost his pension, he may never able to retire. As a matter of fact, it was friends of rich space heater uncle who closed the factory, and we're pretty sure he made some money in the deal himself. Doesn't stop him lecturing us about why we're struggling, though.

Next, a bunch of the debt we took on last year was investing in our future. One of the kids is college age and we thought it was worth taking on some student loans to invest in her future. We feel sure when she graduates, she'll do her best to contribute to the family budget. We think in the long run she'll be able to contribute more to the family's bottom line with a college degree than if she just started working at Walmart right now, but, well, right now that investment is debt on our balance sheet. But that's what families do—they invest for the future and try to ensure that the kids have the brightest possible future.

We also took out a small-business loan to expand a little furniture-making business one of the brothers started out of the garage. With better equipment and a small advertising budget, we're hopeful he'll be able to grow the business and provide jobs for a couple other family members who've only been able to get part-time work.

We've also been having a family debate about whether to put a little more money into the house, actually. See, there was a big storm and a tree fell through the roof. Most of the bedrooms are fine, but two of them are really badly damaged. Some of us think all the members of the family deserve to have mold-free walls and roofs without gaping holes, but others aren't so sure and think maybe the people in those rooms ought to be on their own to recover from a tree coming through their roofs and crushing their stuff. We're hoping to win this one by reminding everyone that the people in those rooms have good jobs and pay more than their share of the bills most of the time. If they get too sick to work or have to take time off work to figure out how to fix things, the whole family will be financially weaker for it. We'll see how that one goes, but I sure think the whole house and the whole family will be weaker if we don't try to shore up after a disaster.

So, yeah, it's been a tough year what with the storm and all the rich relatives living in our house, running up the bills, but only contributing like 13 percent of their money to the family budget while a lot of us with much less money are contributing more like 30 percent. We're trying to invest for the future, though, and fighting to get those rich relatives to contribute a little more to the family budget. We'll see how things go with that, but meanwhile, it's not helpful to just strip the numbers down without any context for why we took in so little, or why we spent what we did.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Radish posted:

Yeah the way to write it would be along the lines of "I love you even though libdems took away Cupid's bow" or something.

Also I agree Image Macro, cops shouldn't have weapons like that.

To be fair to :clegg:, he's not in a position to change things. Just like the British government! :haw:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

zeroprime posted:

I liked the White House Correspondents Dinner intro from 2011 for pro trolling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7_dj8HQn4

That trollface. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Radical Griff posted:

People always get really solemn about the Nazi's, "never again," they say. Based on my interactions, a majority of people would openly embrace Fascism as long as it was groups they dislike suffering; poor blacks (because they're lazy and sell drugs), pedophiles (because they deserved to be used in Mengele-esque science experiments), people on welfare, muslims, etc.

It's been said the difference between Liberals and Conservatives is that Conservatives trust people to take care of themselves, and Liberals assume we need a strong government to keep order and peace. I used to be offended by that, but the more I look at America, the more I think that's true. I have seen the people, they are panicky, fear-driven, angry, and quick to lynch any group they feel is threatening their imaginary bubble. I would argue the difference between Liberals and Conservatives is the naivety of thinking large groups of people are inherently motivated by good.

To wit, the famous quote that when fascism comes to America, it'll be draped in the flag and carrying the cross.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This turned up in my spam folder, not least because I have no idea who sent it me :psyduck:

quote:

The death of Princess Diana sparked much controversy and the original reaction of the public was that she was murdered. After a media campaign that called the event an accident and blamed the paparazzi, the public was divided on the issue. Examining the evidence makes this issue a lot clearer. The film "Unlawful Killing" examines the evidence that was largely concealed from the public for years. This movie can still be found on torrent. The evidence presented in the film includes:

Diana left a note saying that she was suspecting there is a plot to murder her in a car accident. This note was hidden for years after the murder.

Evidence used during the inquest was doctored, including blood samples, autopsy results, etc. For example, only a bottle of champagne was found at the driver's apartment when the police searched it, so the police searched it again and found a lot of alcohol. The blood samples of the drivers had numbers that are physically impossible.

Witnesses saw a bright flash in the tunnel at the time of the incident. A former MI6 agent revealed that MI6 had a plan to assassinate a Serbian leader by blinding the driver in a tunnel with a bright flash.

The ambulance ride took an incredibly long time to get to the hospital.

The media distorted the verdict of the inquest. The inquest found that Diana was murdered and other road vehicles were responsible for the murder, not paparazzi.

A white Fiat Uno was seen by witnesses at the scene of Diana's death and left paint on Diana's car. James Andanson owned a Fiat Uno and lied about his whereabouts on the night of the murder. James Andanson's body was found in his burnt out white Fiat Uno. It was locked and the body had no keys on it. The fireman that found his body said that he saw two bullet holes in the back of his skull. The police declared that it was a suicide. How did he shoot himself twice in the back of the head and then set the car on fire, before he died?

People say that the royals are a harmless relic of the past. Instead of just enjoying their lavish lives that are paid for by the taxpayers, they are using their wealth and influence to murder people they don't like. Sure, they don't murder people with their own hands, but that doesn't make them any less guilty. Diana's murderers must be brought to justice. The actual assassins might be hard to find now that much of the evidence has been covered up and/or destroyed, but the people that ordered the hit can be located easily. These bloody aristocrats are living in luxury. Princess Diana tried to use her position to help people and she was murdered. Good always defeats evil and one day justice will be served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

I think that one's about trans* rights.

Don't tell anyone, but I really am a bacon cheeseburger. :ssh: