Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I took the time to really analyze what that song is actually saying and this is the conclusion I came to, for the non-hick:

This place is a small town.

This place is a message... and part of a system of messages ...pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The Red lines are supposed to represent the blood sacrificed to found the nation, so changing them to black is deeply, deeply disrespectful. And of course recoloring a *white* line is no accident.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Here's a good one:

This might be one of the worst things I've seen lately. People like Matthew Shepard or George Floyd were just envious. :fuckoff:

Greed was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues
under its new name, "capitalism."

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I'm all for an end to self-checkouts, but only because we ended Capitalism. There's no reason to have cashier be a job, it's about as pointless an existence as you can inflict on someone without putting them in prison.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Animal-Mother posted:

Santa. Satan. Hmm, are they brother?

Add George Santos, now you have the unholy trinity

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Every hour of every day you must recite the names Daniel Baker 21, Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27 or you don't really support Daniel Baker 21, Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ashcans posted:

Everywhere that actually fucks with elections knows that you do it by screwing with the count (ie, stuffing ballot boxes, exchanging ballots, hacking the computer) not by fiddling with faking individual votes. That’s like trying to rob a bank by pickpocketing people in the cashiers line.

Back in like 2000-2004ish in Georgia, I remember there being a report from DEFCON about how Diebold machines were easily hackable because they ran an unpatched version of WindowsCE that loaded every default device driver, so with little more than a thumb drive (or even less?) you could run code, and in effect have it compromise the vote count. It was my understanding at the time that this was why Diebold was replaced with Dominion. So, it was really telling to me that as soon as that change happened, the right-wingers started accusing the Dominion machines of having the exact exploitability that was present in the Diebold machines years prior. (If I'm off, someone please correct me)

It was almost as if they were mad that they couldn't run their old exploits anymore.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Panfilo posted:

Just some forgettable 50 follower cryptofash Twitter account I think. The impression I got from the post was the notion that people from notoriously liberal colleges are just so susceptible to groupthink that it's only the minority of edgy "independent thinkers" that can out wit our AI overlords.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. But I definitely see this pattern with reactionaries in painting progressives as devoid of self reflection or independent thought, preferring to just blindly follow whatever the safe popular rhetoric is at the time.

So projection, then.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

1950 seems like a reasonable start for when TV started becoming a thing you’d expect a household to have or aspire towards. Now show me the amount of white vs non-white or mixed race couples on tv from 1950-2024

Not gonna check the stats myself bc I already know it’s 95% straight whites and to get to national representation ae have a lot of catching up to do

WASPy boomers grew up with the TV targeting them specifically and it really pisses them off that other people watch it now too

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

idk man seems like lettuce still contracts a regular terminal case of Human

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

BiggerBoat posted:

Exactly. These people are the most easily triggered folks I know

Try taking the lord's name in vain, dropping an f-bomb in front of a lady, not standing for the national anthem, skipping grace before eating, not saying "Merry Christmas" loud or often enough in December, playing hip hop music too loud, showing gay people on TV or pop stars dancing and dressing suggestively.

In which case, the individual becomes quite offended and requires you to care very deeply about their feelings.

The list of poo poo that sets these tough guys off is endless.

My mother came to visit a few years back, before COVID, and my son who was maybe 12-13 at the time said "God drat" about something and she loving flipped. Started throwing a tantrum and wanted to go home (about 2,000 miles and another week before her flight was scheduled), and has been rude as poo poo to him ever since. Could she have simply asked him not to do that? Not without being a massive oval office about it, I guess.

She absolutely gripes about all of those other things, too. Once she jumped on the Trump bandwagon I severed completely and it's been the best move for my (and my family's) mental health. What really burns me up about it is that Trump looks and acts just loving like the rear end in a top hat she married and inflicted on our lives for 25 years, the same rear end in a top hat we had to force out of our home at gunpoint, the same rear end in a top hat she claims sexually abused her and was extremely verbally, emotionally and physically abusive to us both. And when I pointed this out she was like "Yeah, well...." and claimed that her staying with him was my fault because I didn't want to move away from my friends and everything I owned. When I was 8. I'm 46 now, and she's carrying a grudge against my 8 year old self still.

Ultimately, I think these people just like being abused.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

"Nobody can read cursive anymore!"

The cursive:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Dameius posted:

"Nobody can read cursive anymore!"

The cursive:

Hey, that's Trump's signature!

TremorX fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 18, 2024

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Electric_Mud posted:

I just want to call this one out because it made me snort a Reese's.

He must be a proctologist

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

also lol that dude has NEVER actually done any 3D printing

Let's see, 8 hours to print a 2" tall figurine? Do some math, carry the one, and yeah we can squirt out a bridge in like, idk, 2 days

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Seat Belts
DUI Laws

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hold up, is that Jesus carrying himself?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The burger king crown got a chuckle out of me, the rest an eyeroll

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

My problem is ADHD, I start cooking, then I have to do something like go to the bathroom or something comes on TV that distracts me and I forget entirely about the cooking until I smell the burning, and even then I'm like "poo poo I hope I'm not having a stroke" before I remember I was indeed cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Panfilo posted:

A lot of the reactionaries that Musk follows seem to sincerely believe any effort to address climate change is simply a front to control the population for nefarious means. You saw this with Covid, and it'll inevitably come up on the next major disaster that happens.

And in so doing, necessitates the control of said population to address climate change