Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I'm kind of tempted to make a Joker meme for my facebook about how you can get 1500 marines killed in Iraq under false pretenses and no one baits an eye, but five marines get killed in Chattanooga and something something, not quite sure how to end it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

I have never seen that before and it was really good thank you.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

BiggerBoat posted:

Do any of these types ever wonder why they haven't gotten the measles or polio? Are they mad at their parents for violating their freedoms?

"There was a bad batch of polio vaccine and it killed & injured a bunch of people (in the '50's), it killed more kids than polio had killed the entire previous year and that's why the covid vaccine is bad because medical science hasn't advanced at all since then."

- paraphrased from my Godfather

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/04/14/cutter-polio-vaccine-paralyzed-children-coronavirus/

.000425% of kids were paralyzed from it, .0000417% of kids died.

Regular ol' polio kills between 2.5-10% of infected kids iirc.

"Evidence only matters if it supports my position, anything else is part of the global medical conspiracy/big pharma."

- also my Godfather, and this was all last year even before the vaccines came out.

I spent months trying to make him and most of his family understand that COVID was real, masks work and there was tons of evidence supporting this and his responses were always a mixture of head in the sand ignoring anything that didn't agree with him and batshit insane conspiracy theories. "COVID is a scheme for hospitals to make money they even passed a law to funnel money to hospitals" was met with me providing the actual text of what was passed and his response was "I've done the math." ... :sigh:

We didn't speak much after last summer and not all since mid-January.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

CuddleCryptid posted:

This really is the lamest poo poo I've ever seen.

E. Oh my God the white text is actually on the shirt too, these people try to drink concrete through a straw.

loving seriously? I didn't want to click on it and give teepublic the hit, I've been seeing a lot of 'let's go' shirts from them over the past couple of months so they're on my no buy list.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know if I have a say in this since I'm not really a registered voter, nor am I well-informed about the current politics,

There is no reason to keep reading after that.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

InsertPotPun posted:

i get that masks and vaccines are all part of a conspiracy but, really, who are they working for when ratm endorse masks and vaccines?
like, even if they do believe it's a conspiracy, do they think ratm was contacted and paid personally by "the deep state" to push masks? just met them backstage one day with a check? they could very well be well meaning dupes
there's got to be some size cut off for "the machine". you can't be like "look at him participating in the water cycle like a cog!"

Yes, yes they do.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I just want to call this one out because it made me snort a Reese's.

Skios posted:

Got an ad for a t-shirt store on my work computer that was certainly... something.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Medullah posted:

I saw this unironically posted on Twitter. People will turn anything into a conspiracy theory.

"You mean to tell me a cow made this butter? They don't even have thumbs!"

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Medullah posted:

Going back to food talk, had some friends over last night and decided to grill instead of getting pizza. Because of this thread I decided to make some home made potato wedges and they came out so good my friends refused to believe I made them. It really does feel good when you get some praise for home cooked stuff :)

Well, what was the recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Medullah posted:

Is there anything that has caused more of an uproar but doesn't actually exist than the furry/litter box drama?

Iraq's weapons of mass destruction?