Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!

quote:

Fwd: FW: Have You Seen this Irony?

Dear Friends:

Some of you may have seen this, but I thought it rather bizarre...

The family that died in the Butte, Montana, plane crash hit a Roman Catholic cemetery with a Pro-Life memorial monument within it.

The family that died was, evidently, two daughters, two sons-in-law, and 5 grandchildren of Irving Bud Feldkamp III, who is the owner of the largest chain of abortion clinics in the State of California.

You can read more about this at http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/646579835.html

“But, unless you repent, you will all likewise perish”— see Luke 13:2-5

Grace to you, in the Lord Jesus Christ,

David MacKenzie

I received that from my father, a man who is not David Mackenzie, by the way. I sent him this response. It was put together hastily and with a minimum of research, but I thought it would suffice. If someone would like to use it, go right ahead. Oh, and I went for the Catholic bit because they're all a bunch of hardcore, fundamentalist protestants and they hate Catholicism:

"The victims were identified as Erin and Amy Jacobson of St. Helena,
Calif., and their children, 4-year-old Taylor; 3-year-old Ava, and
1-year-old Jude; Michael and Vanessa Pullen of Lodi, Calif., and their
children, 9-year-old Sydney and 7-year-old Christopher; and Brent and
Kristen Ching of Durham, Calif., and their children, 5-year-old Heiley
and 3-year-old Caleb."

I do see the irony, just not for the reason the author seemingly
appreciates; that being said, I'm somewhat glad to see that when God
makes a point of crashing a plane full of children into a cemetery as
a lesson to the abortionists, He opts for the one holy and apostolic
variety and not some schismatic protestant outfit. I'm not certain
that qualifies as a raging endorsement, mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
I love that riots of that type are basically an argument from the Second Amendment:

If there's a tyranny going on and no useful recourse to prevent it, let's say when the government starts extra-judicially murdering people and keeps getting away with it, then go out, become ungovernable, and make it so that it costs everyone too much to keep doing. I suppose the idea with firearms is making it cost too much in bloodshed, except which government cares about blood cost? Hit them in the property they care about more than life.

They should be really down with that, the right wing.