Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Apparently those 545 people have always been the same people and never disagree on anything. Also, all our problems are caused by taxes and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Navaash posted:

Ugh. I got this doozy forwarded:

...in addition to a rambling email from my father about how Protestantism has corrupted Catholicism in the US, pissing on the Kennedys (not too surprising) and "94% of house Catholics vote [sic] for a bill that allows abortion funding" (if I remember correctly, this is outright wrong because of the executive order), and how the life of the unborn trumps all else.

I hate getting these emails. At least the abortion funding bit is outright wrong so I can easily refute that, right?

The only mention in the entire bible of anything like abortion is something to the effect of:

If a man beats a pregnant woman and she has a miscarriage, the man pays monetary compensation to the husband, if the husband wants it.

And no, the bill does not have any provisions for providing money for abortions.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

dja98 posted:

True, but their argument is that unborn children are alive - therefore, the 6th Commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' applies.

The funny thing about the commandments is that they are extremely vague laws and just about the only laws/rules in the entire bible that have no associated punishment or penalty.

"Don't do it... or else!"
"Ok, Dad." :rolleyes:

Hell different sects can't even agree on how they are numbered. Not to mention they are for the most part the same laws that have been the basis of just about every law system since Hammurabi's code. I hate the 10 Commandments. They are underwhelming and useless.

Edit: Sorry if I sound anti-religion or anything. Not really my intention. I just think the glorification of the 10 Commandments (especially by Christians) is just silly.

Gripen5 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 26, 2010

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

I expected no less.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

TE! posted:

As long as you never go near a town, city, or road. In which case sounds great?

So much for living under the bridge.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Chaos Emerald posted:

Man, I've lost count of the times a knife wielding MUSLIM has lunged at me on an abandoned street.

I'm impressed that one can tell it is an Islamic terrorist merely by looking at him. Two things which are fairly independent of how someone looks. Its almost like saying a serial killer with a degree in sociology.

On top of that, I am lead to believe that the fool in the story is the one who thinks before he acts, and the hero of the story is the guy who either has terrible aim, or keeps firing long after the threat has passed. And clearly taught his kids that this is the correct course of action.

Also, ignore the fact that terrorists typically blow stuff up in crowded places. As it turns out, terrorists actually attack a single four person family on a deserted street.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

quote:

As the Obama administration enters its second year, I -- and undoubtedly millions of others -- have struggled to develop a shorthand term that captures our emotional unease. Defining this discomfort is tricky. I reject nearly the entire Obama agenda, but the term "being opposed" lacks an emotional punch. Nor do terms like "worried" or "anxious" apply. I was more worried about America's future during the Johnson or Carter years, so it's not that dictionary, either. Nor, for that matter, is this about backroom odious deal-making and pork, which are endemic in American politics.

After auditioning countless political terms, I finally realized that the Obama administration and its congressional collaborators almost resemble a foreign occupying force, a coterie of politically and culturally non-indigenous leaders whose rule contravenes local values rooted in our national tradition. It is as if the United States has been occupied by a foreign power, and this transcends policy objections. It is not about Obama's birthplace. It is not about race, either; millions of white Americans have had black mayors and black governors, and this unease about out-of-synch values never surfaced.

The term I settled on is "alien rule" -- based on outsider values, regardless of policy benefits -- that generates agitation. This is what bloody anti-colonial strife was all about. No doubt, millions of Indians and Africans probably grasped that expelling the British guaranteed economic ruin and even worse governance, but at least the mess would be their mess. Just travel to Afghanistan and witness American military commanders' efforts to enlist tribal elders with promises of roads, clean water, dental clinics, and all else that America can freely provide. Many of these elders probably privately prefer abject poverty to foreign occupation since it would be their poverty, run by their people, according to their sensibilities.

I also agree that alien rule is defined by overwhelming victory from both a popular vote and electoral standpoint.

quote:

This disquiet was a slow realization. Awareness began with Obama's odd pre-presidency associations, decades of being oblivious to Rev. Wright's anti-American ranting, his enduring friendship with the terrorist guy-in-the-neighborhood Bill Ayers, and the Saul Alinsky-flavored anti-capitalist community activism. Further add a hazy personal background -- an Indonesian childhood, shifting official names, and a paperless-trail climb through elite educational institutions.

Lets bring up some meaningless and otherwise debunked associations.

quote:

None of this disqualified Obama from the presidency; rather, this background just doesn't fit with the conventional political résumé. It is just the "outsider?" quality that alarms. For all the yammering about George W. Bush's privileged background, his made-in-the-USA persona was absolutely indisputable. John McCain might be embarrassed about his Naval Academy class rank and iffy combat performance, but there was never any doubt of his authenticity. Countless conservatives despised Bill Clinton, but nobody ever, ever doubted his good-old-boy American bonafides.

I too agree that a manufactured good-old-southern-boy persona from a northeast-privileged man, who literally failed at everything he did until running for Texas governor makes you a true American. Where as the son of an immigrant who worked hard to get everywhere he got is completely foreign to the American spirit.

Where to being on this next part?

quote:

The suspicion that Obama is an outsider, a figure who really doesn't "get" America, grew clearer from his initial appointments. What "native" would appoint Kevin Jennings, a militant gay activist, to oversee school safety? Or permit a Marxist rabble-rouser to be a "green jobs czar"? How about an Attorney General who began by accusing Americans of cowardice when it comes to discussing race? And who can forget Obama's weird defense of his pal Louis Henry Gates from "racist" Cambridge, Massachusetts cops? If the American Revolution had never occurred and the Queen had appointed Obama Royal Governor (after his distinguished service in Kenya), a trusted locally attuned aide would have first whispered in his ear, "Mr. Governor General, here in America, we do not automatically assume that the police were at fault," and the day would have been saved.

Every appointment is dubious to Republicans so why bother?

I also don't find it strange that he was likely to give the benefit of the doubt to someone he actually knew and respected.

quote:

And then there's the "we are sorry, we'll never be arrogant again" rhetoric seemingly designed for a future President of the World election campaign. What made Obama's Cairo utterances so distressing was how they grated on American cultural sensibilities. And he just doesn't notice, perhaps akin to never hearing Rev. Wright anti-American diatribes. An American president does not pander to third-world audiences by lying about the Muslim contribution to America. Imagine Ronald Reagan, or any past American president, trying to win friends by apologizing. This appeal contravenes our national character and far exceeds a momentary embarrassment about garbled syntax or poor delivery. Then there's Obama's bizarre, totally unnecessary deep bowing to foreign potentates. Americans look foreign leaders squarely in the eye and firmly shake hands; we don't bow.

All of this is stupid, I don't even know how to respond. We have apologized for things in the past. This isn't the cold war. We don't need to act like we are the tough guy on the block. We already spend almost as much money on the military than the entire rest of the world combined.

quote:

But far worse is Obama's tone-deafness about American government. How can any ordinary American, even a traditional liberal, believe that jamming through unpopular, debt-expanding legislation that consumes one-sixth of our GDP, sometimes with sly side-payments and with a thin majority, will eventually be judged legitimate? This is third-world, maximum-leader-style politics. That the legislation was barely understood even by its defenders and vehemently championed by a representative of that typical American city, San Francisco, only exacerbates the strangeness.

As though Bush didn't do the exact same thing, only worse it was a 50-50 tie broken by the Cheney, with trillion dollar tax cuts. Where as the tax cuts were actually debt expanding, while the health plan lowered the national debt... oops.

quote:

And now President Obama sides with illegal aliens over the State of Arizona, which seeks to enforce the federal immigration law to protect American citizens from marauding drug gangs and other miscreants streaming in across the Mexican border.

I don't see why supporting legislation that address a symptom rather than a problem is seen as a good thing. Illegal immigrants are nothing more than a scape goat right now for the most part.

quote:

Reciprocal public disengagement from President Obama is strongly suggested by recent poll data on public trust in government. According to a recent Pew report, only 22% of those asked trust the government always or most of the time, among the lowest figures in half a century. And while pro-government support has been slipping for decades, the Obama presidency has sharply exacerbated this drop. To be sure, many factors (in particular the economic downturn) contribute to this decline, but remember that Obama was recently elected by an often wildly enthusiastic popular majority. The collapse of trust undoubtedly transcends policy quibbles or a sluggish economy -- it is far more consistent with a deeper alienation.

Its part of a steady tread for half a century because the Republicans have campaigned upon the idea that the government literally can not be trusted to do anything (unless a Republican does it).

quote:

Perhaps the clearest evidence for this "foreigner in our midst" mentality is the name given our resistance -- tea parties, an image that instantly invokes the American struggle against George III, a clueless foreign ruler from central casting. This history-laden label was hardly predetermined, but it instantly stuck (as did the election of Sen. Scott Brown as "the shot heard around the world" and tea partiers dressing up in colonial-era costumes). Perhaps subconsciously, Obama does remind Americans of when the U.S. was really occupied by a foreign power. A Declaration of Independence passage may still resonate: "HE [George III] has erected a Multitude of new Offices [Czars], and sent hither Swarms of Officers [recently hired IRS agents] to harass our People, and eat out the Substance."

This is mostly stupid BS, but the last part is silly. Bush had more Czars and there is nothing wrong with hiring more people to get people to pay what they are legally suppose to.

quote:

What's next?
Robert Weissberg is Professor of Political Science-Emeritus, University of Illinois-Urbana.

Some d-bag who likely didn't write this anyway.

Sorry, bored at work, luckily its the end of the day.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

The Ugly Duchess posted:

Easy: you get a fake Social Security card!

The problem with that is that if you get a real job with your fake SSN, a portion of your salary goes to Social Security and you can never touch that money. (I guess you could say that at least some illegal immigrants do pay taxes after all. :smug:)

I think this was posted just a few pages back, but:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/business/05immigration.html

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

I made 50,000 with a kid a few years ago and my effective federal tax rate was like 12% or something. So that chain email is full of poo poo.

I made about $52k last year with no dependents and the standard deduction and I paid an effective federal rate of about 18%. Paying 40% is god drat retarded.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

I don't know where the article is. But I remember an interview with an orange grower in Florida saying that he would pay anyone $15 an hour and give them free room and board to pick the oranges.

He would never get anyone but illegals to take the job.

I am guess that is very seasonal work, and the room and board is not the best, but still.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Got this one recently today from a coworker.

*sigh*

quote:

Islam Explained in Layman's Terms

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77..5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel." -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Well, boys and girls, today we are letting the fox guard the henhouse. The wolves will be herding the sheep!

Obama appoints two devout Muslims to Homeland Security posts. Doesn't this make you feel safer already?

Obama and Janet Napolitano appoint Arif Alikhan, a devout Muslim, as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development.

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim who was born in Damascus , Syria , as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

NOTE: Has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a devout Catholic, a devout Jew or a devout Protestant...? Just wondering.

Devout Muslims being appointed to critical Homeland Security positions? Doesn't this make you feel safer already??

Was it not "Devout Muslim men" who flew planes into U.S. buildings 8 years ago?

Was it not a Devout Muslim who killed 13 at Fort Hood ?

Please forward this important information to any who care about the future of our respective countries

Many of the examples don't even fit the descriptions. But I guess the email is assume you know nothing about countries outside of the united states.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Two more today from the same guy. The first one has a bunch of pictures, almost all the pictures are of giant crowds of white people. One picture has a sheik shaking hands with a white guy.

quote:

This was not on TV

NATIONAL NEWS MEDIA SOMEHOW MISSED THIS GATHERING.

New York happenings......

Subj: Censored Protest at Ground Zero

Stop the Mosque at Ground Zero

Part II

June 16, 2010, New York , N.Y. , - by El Marco

Americans Stand Up Against Radical Islam in New York - We Will Not Submit!

Not one major network sent a satellite truck or camera crew to this event. Without bloggers this newsworthy event would have remained unknown to the public and history

On Sunday, June 6th, a multi-ethnic, multi-racial coalition of Americans opposed to Islamic violence and intolerance rallied at the site of the World Trade Center in New York City .

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...VphppjdQRIGzN_W

9/11 families were joined by immigrants from India, Russia, Egypt, Israel, Africa, Iran and Europe to show opposition to the construction of a mega-mosque at Ground Zero. Others flew in from overseas to speak or just to share their particular ethnic communities' experiences at the hands of Muslims.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...Vphppjd-TtJ6jyo

These are parents and spouses of firefighters killed on 9/11. The rally took place just a minute's walk from Ladder 10 Firehouse, where their loved ones were stationed for duty that terrible day. Ladder 10 lost seven firefighters.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...VphppjdW8CoTpOi

Crowd estimates ranged from 5,000 (NYPD) to 10,000. The crowd overflowed the police barrier enclosures that ran the full length of two city blocks. This photo shows the enclosure in front of the stage at the intersection of Liberty and Church Streets. The second enclosure ran the length of the next block and can be seen on the other side of the traffic lights.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5...BBcT5pk6KVAEEBo

Thousands of additional participants filled the treed area of Zuccotti Park .

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2...OCrrfsuPPu8Vgwe

Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller are the founders of STOP ISLAMIZATION OF AMERICA, which sponsored the rally. Ms. Geller is a citizen journalist and blogger who runs the human rights web site Atlas Shrugs. Mr. Spencer is the author of several books on Islam and head of the influential web site Jihad watch. Pamela Geller:

"Ground Zero is a war memorial, Ground Zero is a burial ground. We are asking for sensitivity.It is unconscionable to build a shrine to the very ideology that inspired the jihadist attacks at Ground Zero, right there. We are asking the imam Rauf and Daisy Khan to be sensitive. For mutual respect and mutual understanding that is demanded of us every day.

There's a hair-trigger sensitivity in the Muslim world, you can't run the cartoons, you can't say Mohammed, this is offensive. This is an offensive mosque. To build a shrine, an Islamic flag of conquest on the sacred ground the cherished site, of a conquered land. This is historic, this is Islamic history. It's what they do. The St. Sofia in Turkey , the al-Quds, at the holiest Jewish site in Israel . Not here. This is where we take a stand. We must take a stand. We must say no."

I do not believe that the landmarks commission controlled by Mayor Bloomberg, is going to stop this mosque. It's not going to happen. Here's Omar Muhamedi, on his human rights council, a CAIR lawyer, who sued the airlines and the Jane and John Does that saw something and said something on those airplanes, if you remember. That's who's on his human rights commission. It ain't gonna happen with Bloomberg. We have to make it happen. You have to get involved." (Pamela Geller)

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?F...emkmmkPvT8oeWcT

Police enclosure on left, with crowd flowing out of park on right. The new Tower 7 and World Trade Center site are in the background. The green tent, center, is located immediately behind the stage.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?a...OOyOOCrVyxJOIcO

Port Authority and NYPD officers kept watch over the rally and were well aware of the need for heightened security at this event. One of their own Port Authority officers, WTC Sergeant Alan T. De Vona was on duty at the World Trade Center on 9/11, 2001, and was one of the first to help victims of the terrorist attack. He spoke these words to the SIOA rally:

"It's almost nine years. I'm hoping that America is watching. I'm hoping that America is remembering. Because, make no mistake. September 11 was an act of war. And thank the military that has lost almost 5,000 troops from that day, defending us. I don't know what to say to jar America 's memory. I want America to remember.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5...IFCZQni8_LaSqYy

Port Authority Police and FDNY firefighters are seen here gathered beneath this banner.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?a...OOyOOCrgpxtvqzS

The issues at stake will certainly affect the heart of American freedom, democracy, cultural values and tolerance. America is a tolerant country that allows for the free worship of all its citizens. But our tolerance has limits. Do we have to tolerate intolerant Islamic ideology and Muslims who preach intolerant Islam?"

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5...emkmmkPrKWAU39e

Hindu human rights activists Narain Kataria, Prasad Yalamanchi and unidentified friend came from Mississippi and Chicago with banners and flyers highlighting the radical statements of imam Rauf and his jihadist roots.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2...VphppjdV6N5XSDm

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5...SCUqemkmmkPsaPY

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...emkmmkPrXZXybWS

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?F...QT3hOOyOOCrrDKN

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?1...OOyOOCrNBnAAsrP

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...bapIAaiufuY4RHI

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...OOCrEDvDP1HiE-g

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2...qrxEVphppjdRFGy

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?F...VphppjdClr_xckr

Stephen Dyer and Gary Jules journalism students at York College, with Pamela Geller. Not one major network sent a satellite truck or camera crew to this event. Without bloggers this newsworthy event would have remained unknown to the public and history.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?5...sIEIIFCS2JW-5jn

Pamela Geller is greeted by Hindu human rights activists Prasad Yalamanchi and Narain Kataria.

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2...bapKx4Eos3gP0kB

Bhupinder Singh Bhurji, Pamela Geller, and Robert Spencer. Singh Bhurji is the president of the NAMDHARI SIKH FOUNDATION. The foundation is a member of the Human Rights Coalition Against Radical Islam (HRCARI). HRCARI is a coalition of Hindus, Sikhs, Christians from Sudan, Egypt and Iraq, moderate Muslims and Jews - who are victims and targets of radical Islam around the globe. He said, at another rally:

"Radical Islamists are killing people in India , trying to dominate that nation. And here too they come with violence against "infidels." We are "infidels united," standing together, brown, black and white, against this epoch's fascist movement. Radical Islam wants to dominate entire world. They want everyone to surrender. Islam radical or otherwise. They want to put the Islamic flag on White House."

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?k...QT3hOOyOOCr2c15

Because of Islamic terrorism, America and the world have seen massive new security measures become a way of life. Anyone openly critical of Islam, or terrorist ideology, must surround themselves with security, or live in hiding. Those courageous enough to confront Islamism are criticized by the cowards and appeasers of the left who seek safety by supporting the enemy. Moderate Muslims were silent when Theo van Gogh was brutally murdered in Amsterdam , just as moderate Muslims in the United States are generally reluctant to speak out against violent Islam. Moderate Muslims also face great danger in speaking out.

Geller and Spencer will press on despite the danger. They hope to inspire Americans to stand up and say enough of political correctness and work to stem the galloping islamization of America and Europe .

http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?1...mkPuRcooZYpFn3p

Friends,

Have you seen anything about this story on the evening news?

Of course you haven't! So please forward this email to all those

you know who feel the way you and I do about this country . . .

Thank you,

Here is the second one. I got bored so I didn't even read most of it, but thought I would share.

quote:

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his shoe and tried to light it?
Did you know his trial is over?
Did you know he was sentenced?
Did you see/hear any of the judge's comments on TV or Radio?
Didn't think so.!!!
Everyone should hear what the judge had to say.

Ruling by Judge William Young, US District Court.

Prior to sentencing, the Judge asked the defendant if he had anything to say His response: After admitting his guilt to the court for the record, Reid also admitted his 'allegiance to Osama bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah,' defiantly stating, 'I think I will not apologize for my actions,' and told the court 'I am at war with your country.'

Judge Young then delivered the statement quoted below:

Judge Young: 'Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court imposes upon you.

On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney General. On counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutively. (That's 80 years.)

On count 8 the Court sentences you to the mandatory 30 years again, to be served consecutively to the 80 years just imposed. The Court imposes upon you for each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 that's an aggregate fine of $2 million. The Court accepts the government's recommendation with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.

The Court imposes upon you an $800 special assessment. The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply because the law requires it. But the life sentences are real life sentences so I need go no further.

This is the sentence that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and just sentence. It is a righteous sentence.

Now, let me explain this to you. We are not afraid of you or any of your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is too much war talk here and I say that to everyone with the utmost respect. Here in this court, we deal with individuals as individuals and care for individuals as individuals. As human beings, we reach out for justice.

You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a soldier, gives you far too much stature. Whether the officers of government do it or your attorney does it, or if you think you are a soldier, you are not----- you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not meet with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists. We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice.

So war talk is way out of line in this court You are a big fellow. But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I've known warriors. You are a terrorist. A species of criminal that is guilty of multiple attempted murders. In a very real sense, State Trooper Santiago had it right when you first were taken off that plane and into custody and you wondered where the press and the TV crews were, and he said: 'You're no big deal.'

You are no big deal.

What your able counsel and what the equally able United States attorneys have grappled with and what I have as honestly as I know how tried to grapple with, is why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today?

I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit you are guilty of doing? And, I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you, but as I search this entire record, it comes as close to understanding as I know.

It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most precious. You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose. Here, in this society, the very wind carries freedom. It carries it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom, so that everyone can see, truly see, that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf, have filed appeals, will go on in their representation of you before other judges.

We Americans are all about freedom. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden; pay any price, to preserve our freedoms. Look around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. The day after tomorrow, it will be forgotten, but this, however, will long endure.

Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all across America , the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done. The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of justice.

See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America . That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag stands for freedom. And it always will.

Mr. Custody Officer. Stand him down.
------------ --
So, how much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV sets? We need more judges like Judge Young. Pass this around. Everyone should and needs to hear what this fine judge had to say. Powerful words that strike home.

Please SEND this----so that everyone has a chance to read it.

Edit: Hmm, it seems the images were linked in too. Does that qualify as image leeching if it is expected to be distributed to everyone in America? I can edit out if necessary.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Hardcore Phonography posted:

I bet HR would love to know about one of your co-workers using company email to forward spam. Unless you work for Xe.

I work for a 15 person company, and my boss (who I have never spoken of politics with before or since, it was just a passing comment) said that tort reform is the way to fix health care costs. So I have a feeling I know which side of the argument he would take.

Besides, I see no reason to rock the boat, 99% of the time this guy sends cute and funny emails, he just moved on to political ones this week for whatever reason. And if I asked him to stop sending me emails, he would do it right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Orkiec posted:

Who are the illegal immigrants Canada complains about?

Americans that hate our health care system?