Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Guavanaut posted:

We could end global dependence on oil with a couple more takes that hot.

I first saw this at an angle in dark mode so I thought the left was a single picture of a spaceship with an open air stadium floating over another stadium and was incredibly confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Reporting for duty in the War Against Soy Sauce, sir! Happy to throw myself on the enemy should the need arise, sir! :yum:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I'm guessing they mean Piss Christ? Even though it's... nothing like that, done by a Christian artist, and actually reverent of its subject matter? It's a remarkably moving image, I was not expecting that when I finally saw it after hearing people whine about it my whole life.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Otoh, pairing him with Thomas Edison makes perfect sense.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Nor are those warnings anything new, the V-2 rocket operating manual has songs and cartoons about why you shouldn't drink rocket fuel. TBF, by that point, the Nazis expected most conscripts to be farm boys who might think the refined alcohol fuel was the same as homemade moonshine, but it's still very funny.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

One lucky American was given the Senator Armstrong nanomachines, and they will be our new President. Unfortunately everyone else got the "make your bones dissolve" strain and they will be missed.

poo poo, make that "Speaker of the House," and it's loading up already.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I love when people who live in countries that have to import most of their goods, including food and medicine, demand "closer borders." Bonus points if they're an island.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Low bar, but the meter's consistent except at the very end. And there's a break into Yoda Syntax at one point to keep the rhyme scheme, but that's hardly unique to stuff like this.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Guavanaut posted:

I don't like Al Gore telling me how many small pieces of gold I cut off of a larger piece of gold that I carry around at all times a loaf of bread should cost!

Pieces of Eight were good enough for :yarr: and they're good enough for me!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
They aren't pubes, they're Victory Strands! :black101:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
There's gotta be something in this thread from the same assholes going on about one poison M&M in a jar of a thousand being an argument against immigration.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Maybe if he stopped trying to pay for them with barley. Barter economy's over, man!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nah, it's transphobia.

It's really funny because I think the only gearheads I know any more are all trans ladies.

Actually, no, there's one cis guy, but he's a gay firefighter/bartender/punk bassist. Exception that proves the rule, I guess.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

BiggerBoat posted:

There was a truck on my street the other day with a "gently caress you feelings" decal that had me thinking about it for too long.

What are we saying here, exactly? Isn't is just basically "I'm a rude rear end in a top hat all the time?"

I know you're probably just missing an "r," but I've definitely had days that fit what you wrote.

"gently caress you, feelings, I'm trying to get through my day here." :smith:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Those drat chemists of... [checks Wikipedia] 1869! :argh:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
What were those dumb kids thinking when they jacked all the prices up?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Mooseontheloose posted:

I mean, it's not inherently wrong but I get the vibe they think the dominant culture is non-white and non-straight.

I think that's a meme from 10-15 years ago (or older, Against Me, for fucks sake) that's being "repurposed" simply by being shared in those circles. What's great is that, if you aren't doing the whole "woke media and schools are transing our kids and making them hate white people" schtick, you only see the original message since they didn't actually change anything in the meme itself.

EDIT - Now I've checked up on Against Me, this is now VERY funny if it's being used that way. The singer came out as trans in 2012... the next album was called "Transgender Dysphoria Blues" fer chrissake!

After The War fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 9, 2024