Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's not like conservatives telling people the bill says something it doesn't is a new tactic, it works even.

Oh, I know - it's just hilarious to see a legislator try to argue with someone who's pointing out the differences and keep claiming "They're the same! You're a liar! They're the same! You're a leftist!" over and over. Then again, this is the same guy who, as evidence that the state RFRA wouldn't allow for any businesses to turn away gay customers, linked to a video...about how important it was that we have a state RFRA so that businesses can turn away gay customers. Then got into an argument that the video never said anything about it. The dude's a loving nutjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Meepo posted:

The bills are the same, if you got your law degree at Wikipedia State University.

Oh gently caress, you just made me remember a thing. That same state senator got dirt dug up showing that when he was an attorney he represented anti-gay groups (and was apparently still connected to him after his election). His response was something like "I was an attorney and don't even remember all my clients" (ignoring the "still connected" accusation) and "if we disqualified attorneys from office, the Assembly would be empty" (ignoring that no one was saying he shouldn't have been allowed into office, just that there was an obvious impetus). When he attempted to perform opposition research on the people arguing that SB129 was about discrimination, literally the only response he gave was "the guy you're allied with is a far-leftist". Like...loving duh, if only because asshats like him think that everything left of rounding up the poors and executing them for the crime of being poor is left-wing extremism.

Oh, I should add some of his supporters to the list of :wtc: moments here (all short): First we had the person who said that the Federal RFRA and all the State RFRAs were identical down to the word, and we'd know that if we read the bills, instead of being brainwashed into thinking there were differences. Second, we had the supporters who Senator McKoon deleted when they started admitting that they were looking forward to the bill so they wouldn't have to worry about being forced to participate in the gay agenda (not plants, I checked their profiles). Third - and my favorite - we had the person who claimed we needed the RFRA because of a black baker who was forced to produce a cake for a KKK birthday party, with the ACLU working on behalf of the KKK. I found the original story. I also found this story on the same site:

quote:

We’d have a lot to lose by ending the War on Drugs. First of all, we’d lose the war, and who wants to be a loser?

Not to mention that this is such a small issue in the grand scheme of things. Everyone who gets caught up in the drug war is entirely deserving of it. The police don’t harm innocent people, that’s a fact.

Take the story of Kathryn Johnston for example. A 92-year-old woman living in Atlanta, Ga. whose house was raided by three plain clothes officers on a no knock warrant. The woman lived in a high crime area so these officers had to be extra cautious. When they broke down this woman’s front door, for no reason at all she shot at them. The police, who in their defense didn’t look or act like police, shot back at her. 39 shots later she was dead. Another gang-banger drug dealer off the streets!

The police didn’t find any drugs in her house though, but a low level drug user turned informant told them she sold drugs, so obviously she was just hiding them somewhere. The cops did some good old fashioned police work though and planted drugs in her home.

Can you believe it though, all three officers were convicted voluntary manslaughter and one of perjury. Her family also won a civil suit worth $490,000, money that could have went towards further funding the drug war! It’s alright though, our judicial system doesn’t often fail us like it did in this instance.

Totally legit news source. McKoon deleted that comment thread, as well as the one referencing it, as far as I can tell.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

I can't decide if this or 2008 will be better. They were definitely scared of a scary black man becoming president but they HATE Hilary so drat much.

I'm still convinced nothing will beat the "Don't Re-Nig in 2012" stickers.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

No screenshot because I can't find the post anymore, but a friend of a friend shared one of those e-card things that said "If you say voter ID is racist, you're actually saying that minorities are too stupid to get ID, and that's pretty racist". I followed it back to the page that he shared it from, and of loving course most of the top comments there are blatant racism. No loving sense of irony, I suppose. Nope, let's just talk about "baby daddies" using EBT to buy sneakers and liquor, that doesn't sound racist at all now does it?

How, with so little capacity for cognitive dissonance, do these people even maintain the capability of knowing when they're done wiping their asses? "Well, I believe I am done, but I still feel something back there. But I believed that I was done first, so I guess I must be."

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

PUGGERNAUT posted:

If you don't directly say "the following statement is about [insert race here] people", then it's not racist. Duh.

Oh, that was one of the less blatant ones. A lot of them were about how Democrats drive illiterate illegal immigrants to the polls and tell them how to vote, or that black churches are against voter ID because they wouldn't be able to bus their congregation to multiple different polling places on election day. It just made me laugh to see a picture about how liberals are the real racists, populated so heavily by racist comments, and no one involved ever thought "hey maybe we shouldn't be so obviously racist if we're trying to present the narrative that we're not the racists". Like somehow there exists a level of racism worse than one comment that blacks vote multiple times and are too stupid to know they're breaking the law, and that somehow liberals are that racist, which is the only real racism.

In re: closeted homophobes, it'd be a lot easier not to make the assumption if so many of them these days weren't, y'know, gay.

Kugyou no Tenshi fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

Wow, gee, thanks for picking apart a simple statement, explaining what I already know in a condescending manner, and bluntly letting me know that I can't parse a statement like "blacks don't know they're violating the law" without understanding the Hegelian dialectic of political science or what the gently caress ever. Have you considered a career as a pundit? You're really good at telling people they don't know enough to speak.