Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fronkpies posted:

After he fell.

Kid was alright I think, his sister in the pram didnt care though.

this is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Dang, I thought I had a good one but the subject didn't come out that interesting after all :(

I like the kid on the right giving you the stink-eye. :shobon:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

OK I kind of want to know what the context here is, but then I'm so amused by not having any context at all, and all that I know is that there's some dude in a Rangers mask wielding a big-wheel while someone on a bench laughs at him.

It's a really cool shot.

E: Wait he's kind of short... and the Statue of Liberty is on his mask... MIKE RICHTER, IS THAT YOU? :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Brawnwrong posted:

I am a big chicken. I would love to walk into town tomorrow and start snapping away but I am so worried that some burly chav is going to ram my camera up my nose for "taking a foto of my wife!"

How do you do it? How do you "man up" and have the audacity to take photos of complete strangers?

I have a 70-300 lens for my Canon so I could in theory stand at a distance and snap people that way. Is that a solution to my lack of balls?

You could try going to public events like an outdoor fair, festival, sporting event, etc. People aren't going to really see a problem with someone holding a camera and shooting the goings-on. If someone asks, say you're covering it for a paper, blog, etc.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eegah posted:

I'm a little apprehensive about the last one since it was so foggy out (hey hey Monterey) but I love the shot.

This is quite the combination. The :cool: kid's hair, the seagull, 2 guys in clown hair, one with a clown nose, and what looks like snow blowing. What was going on here?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fronkpies posted:

Kid's expression rules.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is probably the most appropriate place, for those of you who like getting out to cover events and such.

This past Saturday night, we got absolutely leveled here in the Toledo area by a few EF4 tornadoes. An entire high school was destroyed and the death toll is currently at 9. Photos of the aftermath from an area fire station are here.

The reason I bring all this up is because I know photographers like to get out and get photos of the aftermath of storms and such, but please hold off when they're serious. We're a fairly rural area and traffic to these places becomes a nightmare when everyone and their mother wants to drive by and gawk or get photos. Red Cross, construction companies/contractors, and various churches have done a fantastic job of getting help out to those who need it, but it gets hairy when a bunch of observers are just hanging around (and usually not helping).

I'm certainly not accusing anyone here of doing that, but just a little something to keep in mind. One of my thoughts the next morning was to grab my bag and get some shots, then I thought better of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pukestain Pal posted:

The only people complaining are the people that are offended I took a photo of someone who is disabled. I'm sure you'll get over it eventually. The amount of effort you've already put into this is pretty impressive to be honest.

We're not offended because you took a photo. We're offended because of the idiot poo poo you're saying.