Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

fronkpies posted:

As he fell.

Too bad it's focused on the hand in the front, I guess that's the annoying thing of shooting from your hip. (You did shoot from your hip, right?)

One my favourite street shots. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Kaerf posted:

I love this shot, at first glance, it's just a shot of people's backs, but then you start to notice the parallels between them. The gait, the right foot taking a step, the hands in pockets and the headwear. :)

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
I tried my hand at doing street photography again after some time, sticking to chest shooting. Second one using a goon's (forgot his name) Kodachrome LR preset. Thanks!

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
You'll learn to cope with it. I've once had a woman nearly breathing down my neck because I was taking pictures of her. Only thing it was with my 50mm and she was about 50 metres away from me when I took the picture.
What helps is walking a fast pace and only bringing up the camera when you see something, spend a few seconds taking several pictures, smile and walk further before they say anything.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I've found any overtly weird camera basically exempts you from the "being approached by random assholes" clause of street photography. TLR, press camera, whatever.

From Vice Magazine interview with Stephen Shore

Did being so conspicuous affect the photos?
The year before American Surfaces, in ’71, I was using a small 35 mm. I had hair to my shoulders and looked sort of like a hippie, and every now and then I’d be photographing in a neighborhood and some resident would call the police. The cops would ask me, “What are you doing?” and every now and then I was told to get out of the neighborhood. Once I started using a view camera that never happened. That the camera is so conspicuous gives it even greater license. The extreme examples of this are two works from a series that I’ve never shown before—New York City photographs that I did with an 8x10 of people interacting on the street. And I’d never before been more invisible. I would stand at 72nd and Broadway or 52nd and 5th with this big camera, and people would just walk around me. I photographed people at crosswalks, people hailing a cab, and I’d be six feet away from them taking their picture with an 8x10 camera, and no one would be paying any attention to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Like one of these?