Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
I tried this once (admittedly with the intention of doing some HDR photography on buildings) and only came out with one half-way decent image (of a person at least). I'm quite angry I didn't get more of this guy. He has this intense expression that flicks onto his face from time to time like a silent-snarl almost.

I'm going to try and motivate myself to get back into this, as I'm probably going to spend part of the next week working in the city, I may have time to take some photos. I'll try and limit myself to my 18-55mm lens on my 450d.
Any other advice?
EDIT: loving huge image replaced.

XTimmy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Been working my butt off getting settled in Sydney, so not much quality work at the moment. This was a snapshot that I grabbed. Still not comfortable shooting total strangers, let alone children.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Not so much street as party but.

And the story behind it:http://whenileftmybed.tumblr.com/post/49770367973/a-white-boy-at-a-filipino-birthday

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Does cliff top count as street? A PAD cross post.
This is John, who I met cutting up wood down one of the crevasses that dot the Bondi cliffs. The wood he’s lifting out is, by his count, ‘at least a hundred years old’ and used to be part of a wharf of jetty that they used to drive dump trucks onto to drop trash over the edge of the cliff, or to drive cars off for much the same reasons. The photo does not do justice to the depth of the crack he is in, a misstep or a bad foothold would mean a tumbling fall down onto the rocks and more than once my heart skipped as rheumy joints only just made a step up towards me. To his pride, John had discovered that the wood down there was not rotten, and he’d dug at least one eight foot long plank out before I’d arrived.

John-1

XTimmy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 9, 2013

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Cross post from the MF thread. Portra c330s/645Pro TL. Wish drum-scanners were cheaper these lab scans just don't have the flexibility.

Street Squares 1 by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Street Squares 2 by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Street Squares 3 by TimFPictures, on Flickr

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Back alleys are streets right? Straight cross-posting from the medium format thread because I'm lazy.
More C330s, not quite in keeping with my earlier style, but I like the colours more, wish I could figure out what I did differently.
080915 Street Squares (2 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
gently caress shooting the back of people but I can't justify drinking at midday just for the courage to shoot the front.
080915 Street Squares (3 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Anything I could do to make this better in post? I love the juxtapositioning of the girl and the tree, and the constrast and geometry is nice, but I feel it lacks a certain je nes se quoi.
080915 Street Squares (1 of 4) by TimFPictures, on Flickr
Facebook loves the last one but I think it looks like it should have some saccharin text about loving life or moving to Paris or something equally as sickening over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
That street performer has seen some serious poo poo.