Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

rear end is my canvas posted:

^^^Isn't that just asking to get chased and beat up by angry parents?^^^

I've heard that a good trick if you get confronted (by angry parents or angry subjects) is to simply smile, show them the picture if it's digital, and offer to email them a copy of it. Assuming they like it, suddenly you've turned it from "that guy took a picture without my permission" to "this guy wants to give me a free gift".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

No. 9 posted:

He could have been courteous and even fake deleted if it really mattered to him so much.

I think that a perfect use for the Direct Print button, on every camera the CHDK people get their hands on, would be to make a screen pop up that says "IMAGE DELETED!" for about 3 seconds and then quickly cycles to the previous image on the card.

Why does Canon insist on including that thing, anyway? It's got to be a running joke around the engineering and design labs by now.

Powershot team: "Hey EOS guys! How's that direct print button going? Found a good place for it yet? Baahahahaha"

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Unless you're shooting on glass plates, you're going to have trouble finding film that isn't made of plastic.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Or you could just buy a lens hood with a 45 degree mirror in it, and shoot out the side of your lens!

Not a creepy ad at all:

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Fresh produce

I hate to be the guy who does this, but that's some strange bokeh. On the left (on the produce) it looks like little glowing worms, and in the center you've almost got some donuts going on. Not bad, just weird. Is that a characteristic of the Canon 1.2, or just the lighting?

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. I prefixed that post with "I hate to be that guy" for a reason -- I'm not trying to be some kind of :circlefap: BOKUGGGHHH dork. When I look at the photo, though, it *is* what jumps out at me. I think they're all great shots, but the weird amount of extra detail in what is supposed to be an out-of-focus area is just...weird.

It's especially strange that it's just that photo. None of the others seem to have the same effect as that produce one does. The OOF areas look like heat ripples, wrinkles in the film, JPEG artifacts, all kinds of weird things.

orange lime fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 31, 2010

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

mcosio posted:

Starting to move on from pet candids to people :colbert:

This is nice, but the fact that it was obviously taken from inside a car really ruins it for me.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Obama 2012 posted:

Here's a couple I did back in my photography class:

This guy knew I was taking a picture, just not that he was in it.

The images here are scans of the actual prints themselves, so if the colors are at all off that's my alibi.

Looks like the colors are pretty far off to me :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Greybone posted:

Edit: I like that pictures of people taking pictures :)

Seems to me more like a picture of a man taking a picture of a man taking a picture.