Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Reichstag posted:

Same. Reading Chris's blog a few years back inspired me a lot, though these days I find myself doing less and less street. Maybe it'll be rekindled a bit when he releases the new version of his Street manifesto that he's been working on.

I still read Chris's blog, and though he updates pretty rarely these days, it's always really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

esno posted:

What does 'DA' stand for?

http://www.deviantart.com/

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Schofferhofer posted:

So I've been making pretty regular trips to Sydney to shoot street, practising shooting from the hip.

I really only run into one dickhead per day it seems, who wants to lecture me about how photographing him is illegal (oh yeah, it's totally ok here btw).

I get more poo poo from other photographers telling me I can't shoot street with a 5D because of some ridiculous reason which they can't seem to adequately express.

To be fair, you get a lot less dickheads when you have a tiny rangefinder than you do with a massive 5D.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

dukeku posted:

Photos of destitute people with wrinkles, forging a new path in street photography

Please change the thread title to this Brad.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
EDIT: Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

quote:

“street photographer” has become shorthand for “I am a graffiti-enthusiast DJ with a fitted-hat collection, terrible social skills, and an interest in nightclubs and the people who frequent them. Oh, and I have a physical aversion to focusing a camera.”

Another interview with Bruce: http://www.viceland.com/int/v18n8/htdocs/pounding-the-pavement.php