Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm very new to going out and angling for candid street shots, so brutal criticism of any garbage I post would be welcome. I was torn whether to put this up in the landscape thread or here.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That's straight out of camera, and I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't like it. I definitely agree there's not a lot of emotion in it, but I like it for the reason Nonzero does, the symmetry and framing, muted colour, and I love how reds come out on Portra.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 17, 2018

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

alkanphel posted:

Usually those are like the finishing touches to a strong or good subject, like makeup. I do agree that the components you mentioned are nice but that's basically it - they don't really work together to make a good photo. Saying the symmetry or muted colors are good is different from saying the photo is good. That said, sometimes that is why such photos work better in a series.

Thanks for the feedback, I wish I was still in Japan to explore the Keiyo line more as the idea of a series never came into my head. Much appreciated.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Landscape thread my dude. Street tells a human story.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, this was Harajuku on the weekend we visited.

This is as close as we got.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

:pervert:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hey, street photography is about people, these last few belong in landscapes instead.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

These last two are so good. Love the expressions through the van.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm so glad you :69snypa: this. So good.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Just have a drink or two beforehand and you won't mind as much.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 25, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is nice

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Blamestorm posted:

Those are fantastic. Did you go out looking to take shots or take them opportunistically?

I mean, I'm always thinking about taking photos, this was on holiday in Japan. But yeah, it's all the opportunity of the moment.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

blue squares posted:

Love this photo! I would love it more if you hadn’t submitted it against me in the photo contest 😭

The bare feet are what make this photo so interesting to me (not in a Tarantino-esque way). Why is she barefoot in a parking lot? I’m here in Texas where that would result in instant death from burns. It makes the photo timeless in a way

(Edit: oh it’s because there is a surfboard in her van)

Yeah, this is right next to the beach, surfers often live van life in cans just like that one, they never wear shoes.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Went to a protest yesterday

Megabound fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tompepper posted:

also went to a protest the other day

All great but I love this one