Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

DSC00843 by William S, on Flickr

SM by William S, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

this may not be an objectively good photo, but i'm just playing around with shutter speed and snapped a photo on the freeway and messed with some editing to see what came out. i don't hate it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Viginti Septem posted:

Yay! Long exposure. I love shots like these

I like the slight camera movement (and intentional camera movement with long exposure shots is a cool category of photography).

Slight movement in long exposure shots is hella fun and can be very rewarding.

The other night I was playing around with 1.6" shutter and shooting graffiti on trains as they passed by tracking the graffiti as it moved across the front of my view. It held some parts of the train static in the shot, but blurred other parts. Neat effect.

these all look like they would fit right into an early 2000s cd booklet insert. very cool!

i'm still feeling the shutter speed itch, and it's raining in LA which is rare, and i just recently bought a tripod. so i figure perfect storm.

edit: i think i'm confused as to what is considered "street" photography vs what goes in the landscape thread? going back through some pages in this thread it feels like "street" photography is mostly with people in the frame?

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 21, 2023

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Viginti Septem posted:

Just post where you feel it belongs, genres are weird.

That's a great photo by the way. I love the colors.

yeah in a hyper specific hobby subforum with individual threads i can imagine there's a lot of bleedover for various styles

and thank you!

big black turnout posted:

Generally street means something like candid photographs of strangers in public and the landscape thread is the catch-all but whatever, really

makes sense. i wound up x-posting in the photo a day bc that felt like the real "no rules just post" thread

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

idk if this screams "i'm in high school and using a camera for the first time" or what but i kinda dig it :3:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

blue squares posted:

This was one of the very first "i'm a photographer" compositions I did, too haha. Except yours is much better; I like the way the two bridges are balanced perfectly in the middle of the chain link, and the motion blur of the cars. I think this is a common shot, but that yours is rewarding to look at. Would be even better without the light pole, probably

hahaha this is very nice of you, thank you! i didn't even really notice the symmetry of the bridges or consider that the light pole worked against the composition overall, but both points make sense and will help me (as your other feedback in this and the landscape thread already has) take better photos.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

that rules. i drive past this spot often and now im going to see that sign and think about the jumpsuit lol