Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Cacator posted:

Thanks for all your input, I always prefer to frame for the format of whatever I'm shooting which leads to a lot of puzzled faces when I tell people I shoot 6x6. Here's the final (?) crop:

Wow, that's rad. I'm thinking a 1:1 ratio might look great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
First outing with the old Soviet lens, the Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 mounted to a tilt-shift adapter on the a7Riii.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

That's incredible. Great work!

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Blamestorm posted:

These are amazing, thank you for sharing.

Thank you :tipshat:

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

blue squares posted:

Nice. A little reminiscent of Saul Leiter

The master of color

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Nope, I'm pretty sure someone stole her shoes off her feet, and she hasn't realized it yet.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
These are great 👍

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I don't know where to put these.

Edited on the phone, and Sony will only transfer a low-res JPG to the phone which is lame, so the resolution is really bad.
I've got the files on my desktop now, but the original edits I needed fast and I'm just gonna throw them here.

I was out shooting street photography after the rain Friday night and an illegal street meet formed around me out of nowhere.
So I got in the middle of the cars and did what I could. There was no time at all to look at the images I was shooting, every second I was there I had to be watching one, two or even three cars flying around me at the same time.
I wish I had used a slightly longer shutter, and had a flash.

The edits are in three categories: abstract digital art (heavy grading), color with some grading, and black and white.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I stumbled upon a short film being shot. The crew were gracious and let me take behind the scene shots of them working.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Yay! Long exposure. I love shots like these

I like the slight camera movement (and intentional camera movement with long exposure shots is a cool category of photography).

Slight movement in long exposure shots is hella fun and can be very rewarding.

The other night I was playing around with 1.6" shutter and shooting graffiti on trains as they passed by tracking the graffiti as it moved across the front of my view. It held some parts of the train static in the shot, but blurred other parts. Neat effect.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Just post where you feel it belongs, genres are weird.

That's a great photo by the way. I love the colors.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Yes, that is a spectacular specimen of quality photo right there.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Those birds

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

rockear posted:

These are great! Which tilt-shift adapter, if y'don't mind?

Hey thanks! This is the tilt shift adapter I use for the Helios

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1446000400...emis&media=COPY

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
It's a public protest?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Admiral Bosch posted:

Being photographed at protests has led to charges and/or arrests later(usually dropped but it's a form of police harassment.)

The real lesson is that everyone should mask up and wear nondescript clothing if you're going to a protest or march or rally.

Still waiting for my film or I'd post something photography related

It truly sucks that this happens. Seems the issue that should be corrected is police harassment.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Yea, that seems like the whole point of people going to a public space to protest. They WANT to intrude on everyday life for a bit to bring attention to a cause.

Again I circle back to the police being the problem in this case. Much like when cops/cities limit WHERE public protests can happen, where they choose areas that won't affect everyday life. That's the whole point of the protest, to affect everyday life, and bring attention to the cause.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
It's good to hear that you're involved in the movement and have contact with the protesters and had been encouraged to be there and to disseminate.

Though, it is good to always be aware of potential issues with privacy like evil_bunnY was doing. Especially around certain topics and in certain locations. If this was taken in China and those protesters were there to push for rights to Taiwan...

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Clever cropping

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
That dog lol

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

blue squares posted: