Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

blue squares posted:

Post more photos

313A4918 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

this is great

this is from my trip to nepal last year

this is from my trip to china many years ago

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
i would die for this dog

blue squares posted:

what's going on here?

what do you mean?

content:

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

blue squares posted:

Love these! Wonderful colors and scenes. Great stuff :)

Also I was asking about the line across the photo, but then I realized you were photographing through a window that had some kind of graphic on it

Ah yes, I shot that through a bus stop shelter window, then cropped the photo pretty aggressively. I want to like the photo but I'm not feeling it. Any criticisms are welcome.

I shoot with a 35mm for the most part but I'm thinking about picking up a 40mm and 50mm. I'm realizing a longer focal length could allow me to get up closer to people without necessarily invading their physical space. I'm trying to get better at shooting buildings and architecture too, but with the 35mm it's a struggle to get straight lines. Seems like a longer focal length would help with that too. Wondering what everyone else likes shooting with and why?

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

blue squares posted:

I think it's too cropped. It's an uninteresting shot, really, and the line going through it is more confusing than additive

I've been really enjoying some recent experiments with 28mm, though I haven't had as much success with photographing people at that focal length. But I like going wide and then trying to incorporate foreground elements to create some layers in my photos. I tried to do it today but don't feel like I got anything that was actually a good photo. I was too focused on technique and not the art of it. https://imgur.com/a/lhryAq2

This is super helpful, thank you (and sorry for taking so long to reply). I thought the woman's shirt and hat were cute but it was a random snapshot as I was walking by. There might've been something good there but clearly I didn't get it.

Vayra posted:

:eyepop: that's my local hot dog man and produce market

hey fellow Vancouver goon :hfive:

i really like the painterly look of these two.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
^ love that last one

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023
i literally said wow i saw that first shot. great pics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023