Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Throwing my hat in here, as well.

I really enjoy street photography. I love seeing what's going on around me and trying to capture it as naturally as possible. It borders the line between fine art photography, photojournalism, and documentary/essay work in a nice package. I don't get out all that often for street photos, but it's good practice when possible.

I do tend to focus on individuals in an environment rather than crowds as a whole, though. I guess some of these border the lines between portraiture and street, but they were all candid. I like my "fun" street, which I guess opens up the trouble of where exactly the limits lie. I also used to add borders to everything, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

TheCaptain posted:

I like these two. Characters are my favorite. They add a little spice into life. Where did you find Harley? Was it on Halloween or just a day in the park?

Thanks! Harley was one of the characters at Hollywood and Highland. It's an interesting area. Not five minutes after posting this on devianArt, I got a comment saying "Hey, that's me! Awesome!" or something. Small internet. Guess she was just visiting for a couple days.

First guy is a homeless dude pretty well known in Burbank. He's usually wearing that or something equally flamboyant. That photo in particular was outside NBC when President Obama was on The Tonight Show. Protesters everywhere.

I like the one you posted of the guys playing chess. I don't think anything like chess parks exist around here, so it's always cool to see the ones from NYC and other areas.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RizieN posted:

Is that a pro feature, 'cause I don't have it. I wasn't gonna go pro until I felt I really needed it, but it's pretty cheap so maybe I should.

Seriously worth it. Helped a ton when I wanted to go through and replace pics with copies that were watermark-free. $25 is cheaper than a night at the movies nowadays, so may as well have that year of options and stats with the money.