Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

dunno posted:

Try big box store or strip mall parking lots, see how long you last before you are kindly informed that photography is not allowed on the premises.

Edit: Actually, the Vancouver Art Gallery is currently showing bunch of street stuff by Anthony Hernandez, curated by Jeff Wall. There's a lot of good colour stuff taken mostly downtown and in Hollywood as well as a lot of black and white stuff taken in less dense, poorer areas near bus stops. A lot of the b/w is done with a view camera so is less "intensely street" but there are some amazing figure centric compositions and gestural stuff. I really liked it.

I know I'm late to this party by 4 months, but I stumbled into the Anthony Hernandez exhibit over the summer and was completely blown away by it. I can't find too many examples on the internet right now, but his series on public transportation areas and public fishing areas should be pretty inspirational for people living in suburban areas who think that you have to be in Manhattan to get interesting street shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Mannequin posted:

Nikon should pay you money to be the entire marketing campaign for the 85mm f/1.4.

All the shots are great, btw. Your trademark processing is great, but seeing you do some standard color and B&W shots really highlights that you don't need it as a crutch.