Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Posting this in both this thread and Photographers and the Law.

http://www.7dvt.com/2010photographer-banned-taking-pictures-church-street

I love the part where the aggrieved party describes what he did...and it sounds not just legal, but perfectly normal street photography.

I think this

quote:

However, he admits that much of the time, his pictures are candid shots taken from a distance with a telephoto lens so his subjects aren’t aware they’re being photographed.

might be part of the problem. Having someone take your picture from a distance with a big telephoto lens is a lot more creepy than someone taking a photo five feet away with a 50mm.

Also, if someone asks me to delete a photo I took of them, I will. I just feel it's common courtesy to people that a stranger shouldn't have a photo of them if that person doesn't want them to.

Oh, and if people ask why you're taking photos, I find this one works really well, "I'm just doing an assignment for my photography class. The assignment is called People in the City". Just be sure you know which photography school you're going to, and which class you're supposed to be in.

Koth fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Further to that article posted. He was banned from entering the business on Church street, but he wasn't banned from the street... so what's the point? I really don't understand that part.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I feel Pompous Rhombus' pain. He posts some pretty cool street shots, and all he gets comments on is bokeh.