Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Here are some street portraits I took last night - not what I was planning on doing, but they were intrigued by the camera so I took the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

HPL posted:

You did that with FP4? drat. Did you push process the bejeezus out of it or something?
Promicrol 1:9 dilution, 6mins, agitating twice every 30sec

You think it's too contrasty? That's pretty much what the scene looked like, it was entirely backlit.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Dude, these are really nice. What did you take them on and where were they taken?
Thanks. All as evil_bunnY said. It's an area on the edge of the city with a mile of nothing but curry houses and takeaways.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Reggae street party

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Clown posted:

I reprocessed an old picture. Not done that and published the duplicate before. How often do you guys do that or do you just replace the old picture?

21:19. by Clwn, on Flickr
I put it to you that it was in fact 21.18.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Musket posted:

It was shot from a street. It counts :colbert:
This reasoning.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

It's spelt 'pork'.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Geektox posted:

Preemptively voting Cellphone or Portrait as the new defacto bad photo thread
Clearly PAD

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

burzum karaoke posted:

Seconding Friedlander, Robert Frank, Edward Weston's early 35mm NY stuff, Harry Wessel, pre-colour Joel Meyerowitz, some of Jeff Mermelstein's stuff, Richard Kalvar, Richard Sandler, Tony Ray Jones, Coney Island-era Gilden
I'll add colour 35mm Joel Meyerowitz, and Paul Russell

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Getting on the the pictures of people taking pictures train

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Full marks, to both of you

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Wasn't there a photographer who did candid flash photography of people driving on the freeway?

Suspect you mean Joel Meyerowitz:

Henry Wessel did some similar B&W ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I wouldn't be determined to have so much of the building in frame. The lower curve of the pavement is much more effective than the top of the central windows.