Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Leica: Documenting the Rangefinder Condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

No. 9 posted:

He's in the legal clear, but I really wonder if the guy being stubborn about deleting the photo made the thing bigger?

I checked out the guy's Flickr and he's got good subjects but the scenes just feel flat (does anyone else agree with me here?). So maybe I'm biased against him.

Unless the photo was of some amazing caliber, what is deleting one of those photos going to do? He could have been courteous and even fake deleted if it really mattered to him so much.

I think it's part of street photography to not just get good shots but also sell yourself to people, be non-intrusive, etc. It calls for being really personable and charismatic when taking street photos.

Again, before anyone jumps on me, I understand he was in the legal clear. I'm just saying it's part of taking these kind of photos to deal with people more than you would in taking landscapes or something like that. I get the impression he could have handled that a bit better.

I will not delete an image if someone asks or demands that I do but I will stop taking their photo if they ask. You certainly have to deal with people if you are in public shooting even if you are not shooting people. You just have to be polite.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

torgeaux posted:

I think if she'd been friendly, and polite herself and asked, he may well have...but she "demanded" he delete it. gently caress that noise. When I'm asked about what I'm doing, I'm friendly and open. When people demand info/action, I'm completely and totally non-cooperative.

Exactly. I'm nice when people are nice to me and will talk to them for an hour about what I am doing.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

dik-dik posted:

No, no, no. The way it works is, someone approaches you asking you for cash. You say "I'll give you $2 if you let me take your picture." You take their picture, give them $2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natebol/sets/72157621011989204/

That's how I do it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Did you notice the yellow umbrella when framing or was it a happy accident?

Yes I did - I sat there hoping he didnt move and waiting for them to walk behind him.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I came across this article Sketchy "Street Photographers" Descend On Boston’s Downtown Crossing on Gizmodo.com. The original story with video is here and a response from one of the photographers is here.

Are these guys pervs? Is WBZ-TV twisting it so they seem like pervs so they have a story? I do think it is funny that one of the "Street Photographers" didn't want the camera on him. The comments are classic - I would just smash their camera!

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

poopinmymouth posted:

Ding ding ding!

How do you know they didn't want to be photographed? A. It could just be more spin to make them sound dubious. B. It's not quite the same thing to compare random photographer photographing random people for artistic purposes, and photographing a photographer's face for a news piece that will demonize him/her as a pervo and then broadcast it to their entire community.

I know it's not the same thing - I wouldn't want them doing it to me either. I would just tell them to gently caress off and walk away. Network news has turned into a loving joke.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Musket posted:

Does your copy of LR have its own red saturation slider set to 1000?

this one goes up to 11.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Porque Tu: The Next Que

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

When and where is the meeting guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006