Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Hank has been addicted to the internet before and Facebook was ubiquitous. Hank is also a pretty gregarious guy, by the standards of his class anyway, so FB's solution to anomie would be especially appealing to him. "Hey Peggy, do you remember Jessie Manard?" Peggy says something ridiculously petty about High School and then Hank goes, "She just got a new puppy. A Labrador."

From there it's just a half step to fascism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hank was addicted to playing GTA. He doesn't even know what a jpeg is

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sash! posted:

Hank was addicted to playing GTA. He doesn't even know what a jpeg is

He just wanted a picture of a gat-dang hot dog.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CainsDescendant posted:

Hank wouldn't have the slightest idea who Ben Shapiro is

He'd call him a jackass.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some of Hank's best friends are Arizonian

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Last of Us finale features a “Boggle?” delivered with a Texas accent that was very triggering.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Klungar posted:

triggering.
Okay, that's it. This is the straw. This term is meaningless now and people with PTSD need to find a new word.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Go home commie

Okay

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem
Wake up just want to... wash myself, clean my wrists, scrub my brains out!

They'll miss me when I do.

Edit: just found out there are two threads I both had bookmarked. There’s a way more active one in GBS just fyi

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 21, 2023

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

C'mon, don't just say that and not drop the link.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807656

I was not aware this existed, thank you.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Klungar posted:

C'mon, don't just say that and not drop the link.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807656

I was not aware this existed, thank you.

Thanks for the link!

Pertaining to the previous Hank discussion, I have to say, I am sick of everyone's asinine ideas about him. He's not some redneck and he's not some Hollywood jerk. He's something else entirely. He's... He's complicated!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Hank's just your everyday run of the mill New Yorker

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Bum the Sad posted:

Edit: just found out there are two threads I both had bookmarked. There’s a way more active one in GBS just fyi

I've always found it kind of cute that there are two KotH megathreads on this site. Perhaps they're half-brothers. (I will leave it to readers to decide which should be called "Good Thread.")

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
This thread is Junichiro.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

mweber posted:

This thread is Junichiro.

Robots are the future

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

No one is building any propane powered robots around here.

But they could.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Just let me go off my meds and as soon as the mania hits I'll get to work

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The reboot introduces a plot that Cotton had kids all over the world that look like Hank.

Starting with New York Hank

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bobjr posted:

The reboot introduces a plot that Cotton had kids all over the world that look like Hank.

New York Hank is a native-born Texan

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

bobjr posted:

There's one that lives in California, so to distinguish himself he goes by NoHo Hank.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Softface posted:

There's one that lives in California, so to distinguish himself he goes by NoHo Hank.

Is he optometrist by nature?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v082zWiYpO8

What episode is this? It's early from the look of it, I'd say early season 2 at latest

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v082zWiYpO8

What episode is this? It's early from the look of it, I'd say early season 2 at latest

S1E11 King of the Ant Hill

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JaddaCaddra posted:

Is he optometrist by nature?

As long as he's not king of SuckBalls mountain, we're good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.ign.com/articles/king-of-the-hill-actor-confirms-revival-will-feature-a-time-jump
Stephen Root is saying that the revival will have a time skip with adult Bobby.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

muscles like this! posted:

May his will be done.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

https://www.ign.com/articles/king-of-the-hill-actor-confirms-revival-will-feature-a-time-jump

I want to see this work.

Give some character growth, instead of Flanderization at work.

Hell make Bill a guy who got his act together and is probably the most sensible of them at this point.

No idea what they can do with Peggy, she was rather insufferable enough before. I don't imagine she'll be changed for the better. If she stays like she was, she kinda fits with the times.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Does that mean Pam Adlon will get to use her normal voice?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

RIP Johnny Hardwick

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1689665604557451265?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the revival Johnny Hardwick will be replaced by a new voice actor, Rusty Shackleford.

But seriously rip to a real one

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
nooooooooooooooo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

This is going to be so sad and bad. Sincerely hoping it gets canned.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm way more concerned about the lack of Luann, Lucky, and Dale's voice actors than a time skip.

Frankly, I feel like the storytelling possibilities with an older cast are worth exploring.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Did have the thought that they could keep Dale around, just have him finally get cancer from his smoking so he now has to talk with one of those electrolarynx things

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think they should just recast him, but I couldn't tell you why I feel differently about Lucky and Luann.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Khanstant posted:

This is going to be so sad and bad. Sincerely hoping it gets canned.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, the new Beavis and Butthead is very good and handled them being adults well

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

LividLiquid posted:

I think they should just recast him, but I couldn't tell you why I feel differently about Lucky and Luann.

Honestly I feel like their stories got wrapped up and they should be left to a quick line of dialog as a "They live in X now and are happy" Meanwhile finding out how Dale reacted to the changing landscape of internet conspiracy theories is a rich gold mine of comedy and drama that would feel out of place with a new voice actor

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
One article I saw said that he had already recorded a few episodes - not sure if that’s accurate or not.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LividLiquid posted:

Way I see it Luanne and Lucky aren't so essential to the show that recasting them feels needed so writing their characters off(preferably by having them dead than just offscreen) feels like the best thing to do, Dale is too essential to the show to be gotten rid of but at the same time recasting him with a regular voice would feel weird, hence my suggestion of just giving him a robot voice, plus it feels kind of appropriate for Dale's smoking habit to finally bite him in the rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol I don’t know why you’d prefer lucky and Luanne be dead in the show

It’s bad enough both actors died relatively young, you can’t at least let their characters live happy (offscreen) lives?

Ruthless