Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brad industry
May 22, 2004
I think your problem is going to be that they will accept it, along with a ton of other coffee images, because coffee is an easy subject that everyone has laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006
Prepare for doom. doom. doooooom. doooooom.
What's the best response to "Wow those photos are great, you must have an awesome camera" that you've heard/said?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cyberbob posted:

What's the best response to "Wow those photos are great, you must have an awesome camera" that you've heard/said?

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
What the Duck has the answer to everything photographic. I really need to order on of his plushies.

To add: Why in the hell are photographer sites still embedding auto play cheesy music? Are prospects actually impressed by it? Is this some sort of cary over from the physical world, where studios are continuously known to play soft jazz?

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

HPL posted:

That's the thing with Facebook. It's too easy to do that kind of stuff. At least if it's on Flickr or something like that, the person has to make a conscious effort to gank your photos. Facebook also makes it easy for a person to crop out the watermark when they make a photo a profile picture.

Facebook also strips off all the EXIF info from the photo so you can't embed stuff like copyright in the photo. That and it recompresses photos and makes them look like crap.

If you're going to post photos on there, post one or two photos with a link to your web site for the rest of the set.

While this may not completely solve all of the problems, you can attach your flickr account to your facebook account. I had to have them connected for a design teacher a while back and forgot about it until I started using flickr again. The uploads show up in your newsfeed just like the photos uploaded to facebook do. kind of trick really.

I suppose that you give up on the ability to tag people, but whatever.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Cyberbob posted:

"Hey that dinner was really good, you must have great pots and pans!"

Nondo
Jul 5, 2002

CODE ORANGE
Allow me to apologize in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_H8TOKcfjg

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Nondo posted:

Came here to post this :lol:

edit: just noticed it's that Joey L guy, drat you young and talented bastard :argh:

psylent fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 23, 2009

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

welp

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

welp

"Focus Schmocus" is a nice touch.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I'd totally use that (without the motor drive).

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

On first inspection it kind of looked cool, but the closer I look the more gaudy it is. Neat idea though.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Nondo posted:

That was really well done, thanks for sharing

'got a 70-200 in my pants, she makes me wear a UV filter'

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pentax diss :suicide:

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

Is that about right for a Watermark? I was thinking of adding one so the 4 or 5 people that look at my pictures would know who took it and not steal my valuable property.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Yup, although you want to make sure you get that middle part or people will crop your watermark RIGHT OUT.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

nonanone posted:

Yup, although you want to make sure you get that middle part or people will crop your watermark RIGHT OUT.

I was thinking of skewing a dunxphotos.com text line around each of the motorcycle wheels, but I worried it would be hard to read.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just saw this on NPR. I, also, would love to turn a truck into a camera obscura.

Edit: http://cameratruck.net

Edit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3Tu9JxI3g

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 25, 2009

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Martytoof posted:

Just saw this on NPR. I, also, would love to turn a truck into a camera obscura.

Where have you been the last little while? We discussed this earlier and one goon even went and interviewed the guy.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Martytoof posted:

Edit: http://cameratruck.net

Edit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3Tu9JxI3g
A goon recently went to meet him, can't find the thread though just the slideshow he made.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Whoah, I've been totally neglecting my creative chattin' :(

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

dunkman posted:

Is that about right for a Watermark? I was thinking of adding one so the 4 or 5 people that look at my pictures would know who took it and not steal my valuable property.

needs more lens flares. they're hard to crop out and thus prevents all piracy and boosts your professionalism.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

needs more lens flares. they're hard to crop out and thus prevents all piracy and boosts your professionalism.

I probably should fill the Aperture logo with it. Also, about the Aperture, that's the right logo I want right? It lets people know I'm a photographer.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I think maybe a picture of you taking pictures might work instead of the aperture logo. Then they'll know it's your photo!

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

I think maybe a picture of you taking pictures might work instead of the aperture logo. Then they'll know it's your photo!

Going off of this, if you can afford it, you should pick up a cheap, used body -- like a 20D or something -- and put a 10-22 on it. Tape it to 10mm, mount it on a pole attached to a helmet so that it is directly above and behind you, and use a pocket wizard to make sure that every photo you take with your main body triggers a shot with the remote camera. Then, every photo you post needs to have this proof included somewhere as part of the watermark. Plus, camera helmets are in fashion.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I would wear a camera helmet paired with a photo vest.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

nonanone posted:

I would wear a camera helmet paired with a photo vest.

What, and be the coolest photographer ever? Fat chance buster, I'm going to wear a camera helmet, photo vest, AND one of those camera holster snugglies.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

squidflakes posted:

AND one of those camera holster snugglies.

please tell me these exist.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
They exist.

This isn't quite the one I was looking for, but it works.

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005
I want a camera sporran.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

dakana posted:

Going off of this, if you can afford it, you should pick up a cheap, used body -- like a 20D or something -- and put a 10-22 on it. Tape it to 10mm, mount it on a pole attached to a helmet so that it is directly above and behind you, and use a pocket wizard to make sure that every photo you take with your main body triggers a shot with the remote camera. Then, every photo you post needs to have this proof included somewhere as part of the watermark. Plus, camera helmets are in fashion.

This is crazy enough that it might just work, i actually want to try this, no sarcasm.

squidflakes posted:

What, and be the coolest photographer ever? Fat chance buster, I'm going to wear a camera helmet, photo vest, AND one of those camera holster snugglies.

are you talking about http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/13/spider-camera-holster-review-stick-em-up

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

i saw a guy with one of those things on the subway, it actually looked kind of handy, but it also made him look like a tool

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

The problem I have with those type of holsters is that if you miss by 1 inch your camera just went plummeting into the ground.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If you let go of the camera before you feel the lock falling over the pin you deserve all the damage you'll get.

Cyberbob
Mar 29, 2006
Prepare for doom. doom. doooooom. doooooom.
I'd be too worried that someone would sideswipe it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'd be too worried that someone else will get a photo of me before I could get a photo of them.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

Axel Serenity posted:

I'd be too worried that someone else will get a photo of me before I could get a photo of them.

A shoot out at 10 paces.

Also they look horrible if you happen to have a long (telephoto) lens.
I need something that keeps the camera strap away from my collar bone, but that's not it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TBH turning the camera around so the lens is facing you before you put the strap on your shoulder fixes 90% of issues. It only becomes problematic if you have a second body and need to put it on your left shoulder.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.
I tried that, with a heavier lens I feel so worried about it. I have broad shoulders but it still feels like it will fall off. :/ Maybe I am just paranoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I have some spare google wave invites if any one would like them ... I feel more like giving to a dorkroom goon than one of the beggers in GBS.