Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
Wow.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf4/filmbacks/index1.htm
Does that thing fit an entire bulk roll of film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
How do you find it?

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

Paragon8 posted:

search this term "with:public dorkroom" and you should find it.

oops, I accidently did in:public. Found it.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
Those half frame cameras sound really cool. Is there a website out there with more info about them?

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I officially had a camera dream. Well, a camera nightmare.

Something about being in an awesome locale, throwing a roll of 120 into the 645, cranking it to start but for some reason it wouldn't lock to the beginning of frames, and my camera doesn't have a film number window so I had to just wind it to where I thought each frame started.

It doesn't sound bad but I woke up pretty upset. Needless to say, the first thing I did was pull my 645 down off the shelf and dry wind it to make sure it would stop where it was supposed to :colbert:

I had a dream a while ago where I sat down at a bench in some huge weird amusement park. I got up and forgot my camera bag there. A crazy adventure ensued. Like some bizarre cross between alice in wonderland and lord of the rings.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

brad industry posted:

If it weren't for Stieglitz we probably wouldn't be posting on this forum right now.

Ansel pretty much invented HDR so yeah. Fortunately the first step in the Zone System is to stop and think about what you want :smug:

Daguerrotypes look like there's a 3D image suspended in a mirror or something. You have to turn them in the light to kind of see it, which is why you should track one down yourself instead of viewing at a museum. They are amazingly detailed and sharp. Like creepily detailed. Tintypes and wet plates are sort of similar but a daguerrotype looks like nothing else.

I really want to make one myself one day.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

Wooten posted:

I visited my mom earlier this week, as I was leaving she handed me this dusty old box and said, "You like photography, would you want these?". It's full of glass negatives. I'm not really sure on how old they are but I'm going to say somewhere around 1900. Apparently a friend of hers found them in an old barn in the middle of nowhere. There are 14 in all, some are in better shape than others. They are all formal portraits taken in the same studio.

Here's a few of the ones that I found interesting. The only post I did was inverting them, desaturating, and curves. Any ideas on how old they are based on the clothing?

Thats pretty cool. You should send them to http://www.shorpy.com/

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
This is pretty awesome: Cuban Polaroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
I use costco. Pretty cheap and they have color profiles available for their printers.