Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hey guys whats up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Not much! Just trying to work out flickr and sorting some photos :buddy:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I want my 7D to look like that :(

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

thats a good idea man

does anyone like drifting? if so y'all should check out my first proper outing with my 7D :D

http://www.driftworks.com/2011/02/teessideways/

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I was actually aiming for the flare :(
A lot of people in car scenes seem to be doing it at the moment and I really liked the aesthetic so gave it a go.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What's so great about it then?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Holy poo poo the UK price is £1000.
Looks really nice though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

i sold my first 2 photographs today guys :unsmith:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Paragon8 posted:

Here's something to think about - will cameraphones make point and shoots obsolete?

Probably eventually.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is it possible to build a machine that records something as vector data?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I mean like a vector image. So a camera that doesn't use pixels?
I know this is really stupid btw. But is it possible to some degree?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why is that considered good photography? I wish someone had started that WHAT IS ART thread.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 27, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don't like it at all. Why is that better than some cellphone pic some bro snapped of his gently caress buddy?

Intimate/Candid/Loose aesthetic = no effort, no technicality?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah but literally anyone could do that?
I guess I just don't understand it :saddowns:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

brad industry posted:

Who gives a poo poo how technical it is? They're selling a product, and AA's advertising is not exactly what I would call unsuccessful. They made selling basic t-shirts hip, it's genius and it works whether people think it's a "good" photograph or not.

Weren't we just talking in this thread about retouching in advertising and how consumers don't like seeing these imperfect people that have been airbrushed and Liquified into aliens? This kind of photography in a commercial context is a direct reaction against that which is why it gets people's attention even if the images are "poo poo" from nerd photographer perspective.

I meant the photographer guy whose 'thing' it is. I guess it makes sense as an advertisement if it's cool and grabs attention or whatever. I just don't see the appeal in a photographic sense.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The AA ad guy shoots for maxim? In the same style?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

mr. mephistopheles posted:

You should go and take really awesome, legit photos. For $50. Just imagine the looks on their faces.

:3:

That would be great :)
Do it guy.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

pwn posted:

Or be Not A Literal Child and don't gently caress with other people irl

gently caress you.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I really don't like that window one. The other is nice though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What the hell is P? Full auto?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sweet. Gonna use it from now on :cool:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

For serious?

Yeah. I've never actually used it on my 7D. And I thought maybe it was 'creative auto' that people were on about earlier. I don't think my 350D had a 'P'? And if it did I've not used it for years.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Would it be possible to make a camera that takes 2 exposures at the same time? eg: when I'm panning, sometimes I miss a cool thing that would have owned at a fast shutter speed. My idea is to make it take both pictures at the same time. Would this require 2 sensors?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aww it's not as good of an idea as I though. I thought you might be able to siphon off the first part of the exposure or something.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sevn posted:

But it is still fun to think about :D By the way, what are you taking pictures of where you are panning but want to have the faster shutter speed as well?

CARS! A specific example from last season I have is panning and then a blow out. Obviously it would be cool to have the tyre exploding frozen, but I couldn't because I was panning.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wonder if this sort of thing will take off.

http://vimeo.com/22134219

It would be pretty cool if it has the performance of that X100 thing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If only he'd have used a filter.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

mr. mephistopheles posted:

So I just wanted to plug lensrentals.com. Not only do they get you quality stuff fast, but they take their special requests section of the order form very seriously.

Hahaha oh wow that is amazing!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I saw someone using a crazy rear end 2000fps hd video camera. Called the something gold? Think its cost like 100k. Now my 7d isn't so impressive and I want to shoot in crazy slo-mo haha.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Augmented Dickey posted:

I've always wanted to get the Casio EX-F1, which will do 1200fps. Unfortunately it still goes for $1000+ on ebay :(

http://gizmodo.com/#!383843/casio-exilim-ex+f1-slow+mo-super-cam-full-review-verdict-totally-unique-shockingly-powerful

Badass. Seems sorta cheap too.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

http://hypebeast.com/2011/05/sasha-grey-neu-sex-book-signing-martha-otero-gallery/

Wow that's weird. I know nothing about portraiture but I like the candid idea I guess.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did anyone else see thor and get irritated by the loving wonky horizons and stuff? Really did my head in and I don't know why.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Watch rubber. Every shot is perfect and would make a great photograph. IMO anyway.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I loved it. It's pretty pretentious though I guess.
Give this a watch and see what you think. If you like it you'll love the rest of the film. http://youtu.be/fTFbXLbv71Y?hd=1

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That's the letter i :D

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Martytoof posted:

OK I'm ready for all the "it's so advanced, this entire commercial was shot with one!!" video DSLR commercials to get phased out :stare:

We don't have them in the UK yet. That's a really good idea.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What is a Kiev 60?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How much roughly?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can you get sexy DOF on a X100?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture