Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
I have to admit this looks rather ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

I just came across a great website for picking up old film camera supplies and darkroom equipment. https://www.publicsurplus.com Most of the items are pickup only but you might just get lucky. For $5 I wish I was close enough to bid on this SX-70.

Edit:
Also Fire trucks if anyone is interested.

Tigertron fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 17, 2009

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

I would like to know what the general consensus is here in dork room for a dedicated iPhone, iphoneography, thread? I don't want it to seem pretentious in that only iPhone photos can be posted but rather it seems as though this is the title the movement has adopted.

What I am not looking for is a cell phone photo thread like we have already; essentially a dumbed down point and shoot thread. I would much rather have a laxed enviroment for sharing images processed on the phones themselves as this seems to be the loose terms that define iphoneography. Images that are shot in phone and processed on apps (instagram, hipstamatic, ect).

This can leave open discussion for events such as the 1197.is conference last year, and discussion of how the movement is growing and actually finding respect among photography comunities beyond a social networking tool.

For me personally I shoot entirely with my iPhone, post process on my iPad, and I don't own a personal computer. So more often than not I feel out of place in most photo discussion and the photo a day thread. If anyone else thinks a thread like this would be appropriate I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Well, if I feel I want to garner more appreciation for my images outside of the slow traffic of the cellphone photo thread, where should I go? I assume I am just as well posting in photo a day without designating they came from a phone. In all reality I am just interested in finding the niche community of dorkroom that likes the immediacy of the images captured using these methods.

Is anyone opposed to seeing these types of photos in PAD, and how would you respond with critique?