Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I think maybe a picture of you taking pictures might work instead of the aperture logo. Then they'll know it's your photo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

HPL posted:

I think two things that would probably help is to google up how burlesque dancers keep their pasties on and how female wrestlers keep things from accidentally bouncing out of captivity. I'm pretty sure they use either gaffers tape in a loop or foam double-sided tape.

Ah yes, this is an excellent thing to "research" :)

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Quick question in case anyone can remember off the top of their head...there's a photographer, I can't remember his name, that did this awesome picture of the Queen in front of a British flag, where she's smiling quite a lot, and the whole thing just seems so out of character for her. I can't for the life of me find it though. Anyone know what I"m on about?

Edit: NVM, gottit, Robert Rankin.

Pantsmaster Bill fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 22, 2010

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Get a medium format camera with a waist level finder. Works perfectly for that!

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Are there any limitations on the Student editions of Photoshop/Lightroom etc?

I need to buy, but I don't want to pay for them and then find they have limitations on what I can use them for, etc.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Quick question, I have a few product images going up on a website, I want to be using sRGB for maximum compatability, right?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Heh, a photo of me got explored yesterday. Yay for silly cameras?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

How does it work with most photographers covering conflicts? I'm assuming most of them are freelance and sell the shots they get to the papers, or are some employed by the news companies themselves? Do people just fly out there and get in the thick of it?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I'm gonna pimp this here a little because I thought it was a cool idea, and it was good fun.

A friend of mine asked me to model for a shoot, the premise was that as soon as we got into the room for the shoot, he couldn't say a word. He could point and gesture, but nothing more than that. Led to some fun shots, and it was an interesting day. Was nice to be a model rather than a photog / assisting for once.

http://charlieclift.blogspot.com/2011/07/silent-portraits-will.html

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Does anybody know how to recover lightroom catalogs?

I had a catalog on my macbook pro, and when I got my iMac I started a new catalog. Stupidly, I didn't transfer the old one over. I had been doing regular backups into my Dropbox folder, but none of those seem to be working for some reason. Maybe because they were originally made in LR2 and I have LR3 on here now? Any ideas?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Hmm that's odd, it's working now. It was saying the catalog was corrupted earlier.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I spend money in Jessops occasionally, but only because my friend can get me an employee discount

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

So I've booked a trip up Kilimanjaro next summer, and I'm already thinking about what camera gear I'm going to take.

Do I shoot film, or take my 400D? Both? Take my MF camera?

Argh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

East Lake posted:

On the flip side here's some of the most insane footage I've ever seen in Syria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyQIv5wyYGE&feature=share

The guy filming that has balls of steel. Christ, that's terrifying and sad.