Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Who was it that was going to make their own LF camera? Did that ever happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

aliencowboy posted:

Personally, I'm slowing down with shooting digital and I've basically turned to 35mm to take snapshots. It's economically retarded, but I enjoy the combination. I have no problem spending hours on post on a digital shot that I've taken the time to setup and put thought into. I don't have to worry about doing much with film snapshots beyond scanning and adjusting curves. They look nice out of camera and friends get a kick out of seeing shots of themselves on film.

Up front, shooting RAW may be cheaper, but it's a very malleable format. To get what I want out of it requires a lot of processing because despite offering a ton of potential, digital looks like poo poo straight out of camera. I absolutely love doing post work, but it's a large investment of time, even when weighed against the cost of film.
I do this too, mainly because pocketable digital cameras take lovely pictures compared to an XA or mju II. I only feel like breaking out the big rig (dslr) when I want to plan something out and do a bunch of post.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
The urbex thread died :( (beware HDR)

Pompous, here you go.

spf3million fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 28, 2012

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Do you guys know the name of the photographer who has a gallery called something like People and Places? One specific photo I'm thinking of is a little kid with a balloon chasing someone around a big boulder on the beach and all you see of the other person is their balloon. Pretty vague, I know

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Santa is strapped posted:

I know the photos you're referring to, but can't remember the name. I do know they were posted in the Awesome Photos thread, check there a few pages back.
Good call

e: Bingo

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

VomitOnLino posted:

I urge everyone to read this editorial article on photography, the web, and the curatorial work of photography. It's brilliant.

Google's macchia.
Very interesting. The first macchia was rather uninteresting but the other three were amazing. It would be kind of cool to be able to have google compile collections of your own work for you. Say enter several hundred photos you took throughout the last few years, choose one as the base and do a google SBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Very nice! Was this taken in Hong Kong? I can't remember if I already told you but I really enjoyed your Project 52 you posted somewhere in the DR last year. I seem to remember some from HK in there as well. I love the seemingly endless skyline you can find in HK.