Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Chinese salesmen send the best emails

quote:

Yes, my friend, the package was shipped out to you on 14/AUG, it will normally arrive you in 8-20 business days, but because it is the rush hour of the HongKong Post in AGUEST, so the package may be delayed by the post office for some days. However,please be relieved and patient, the package will arrive you just in time, it's now just on the way to you,so you will receive the package soon. And as I provide 100% Guarantee for you, you will never lose a money here.
Thanks very much for your business, welcome back again any time!

Best
Regards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Are you relieved?

AND patient?

I'm p. cheesed off because I'm only 5000 miles away, been waiting for this packet of replacement flashgun feet for 3 weeks

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

It could just be an odd, unreliable eBay seller like the one you've experienced. When ever I order photography "gifts" from a Chinese vendor they usually arrive within a couple days :-/

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

pwn posted:

Reminds me of the old Sega Genesis/CD/32x tower.

That reminds me of this

And back on topic

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Medium format vs. 35mm vs. Digital

"My.. my megapixels.."
:negative:

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Beastruction posted:

In GT4 you could set shutter speed and aperture with no effect on exposure :laugh:, basically just a motion blur and DOF slider. This one looks a lot fancier.

All you gotta do is imagine you're shooting cars on a Nikon D3 set to Auto-ISO :smug:

I know the Skate series has video/photo modes but on GT4 you could save your screenshotsphotographs to a USB memory stick

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

I'm in the market for a good Crumpler bag and while their American website looks informative their British website is so loving indie

http://www.crumpler.co.uk

Tincans fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 2, 2010

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Just spotted this great job listing

quote:

We’re producing a series of online lenses tutorials for Canon, and we’re looking for a presenter’s assistant to help deliver them – an inspiring and knowledgeable photography trainee who knows a bit about lenses. Someone youthful, confident, presentable, camera.

All the ladies describe me as camera :c00l:

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

It may be that I was feeling quite hungover this morning but if anyone in the UK sees the newest copy of NME on the shelf please tell me the portrait on the front cover has the eyes in focus.

I'm 99% sure that the focus was on the point where his forehead meets his hair but I refuse to believe the editor would let this slip.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

And no one is going to give a gently caress except photography nerds.

drat right :cool:

poopinmymouth - You're right about the photo as a whole being more important then one finicky detail. A passer-by who is excited about the chap on the front cover probably won't notice or care anyway.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Probably similar to one of these bad boys

I saw one on sale in a market in Kiev once but didn't have nearly enough money to haggle with

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

How many brownie points do I stand to lose by showing my portfolio on a laptop instead of a printed book?
I was hoping to have everything printed overnight but my interview with a studio has been brought forward to tonight instead.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

I hope I'm not the only one who receives creepy, out-of-the-blue text messages.

From a number I don't recognise posted:

Would you take photos of a bloke? B.

Me posted:

Who's this? That's an audacious request. If it was in a tasteful, fine art kinda way then possibly

From a number I don't recognise posted:

Ok not to worry she wants them adult

:confused:

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Fragrag posted:

My teacher spent the better part of a morning explaining EVERY BUTTON there is on a Hasselblad. It took him like half an hour to explain how you load a film in. :suicide:

You wouldn't believe the amount of times my fellow students came out with blank 120 film because they had forgotten to take out the dark-slide.

Also

:smithicide:

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

CarrotFlowers posted:

I posted my (tiny) portfolio on facebook, just to show friends and my one friend contacted me and asked if I would take pictures of her dog. I messaged her and we got to talking and then she asked how much I charged.

I told her I'd do it for free. :doh:

I mean, it's for a good cause, so I don't feel tooo lame, but it would have been my first paying gig, and I told myself I'd get a new lens when I finally got paid for my stuff...even if I charged her $40 or something, at least it would be something!

Don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes doing a favour for a friend like this can be quite rewarding. As long as she's not making money off your photos of her dog then there shouldn't really be a problem.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Hey guys, I've just sold a photography back pack on eBay and I'd like some help in getting the thing delivered.
Can I just wrap it in brown paper and write on it with a sharpie the delivery address? (UK)

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

torgeaux posted:

I shot the boy's daycare class photos. Group photos, but of kids, some groups 5 years old, some 4, some 3, some 2, some 1, and some less than 1.

I have not a single one where the final was not a composite to find one of every kid looking forward, not picking their nose.

Years ago when I was a wee lad, my headteacher made a big song 'n dance about our class photos. Instead of group shots we'll get our photo taken individually and it'll be arranged in a semi-formal grid-like fashion.
It might have made life easier for the photographer but still... you can't photoshop into oblivion shine poo poo

Edit: Also...

Paper 210mm x 297mm

Image Size 210mm x 297mm

[✔] Scale to Fit Media

Scale 96.94%

:smithicide:

Tincans fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 7, 2012

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

It's times like these that make me wish I had a Mac (or Linux).

I had prepared a client's files to burn on a DVD. All the contents of one folder were short cuts in a custom order linking to files in two other folders (to save on hard drive space).

Trouble is there's no simple way to copy the targets of the short cuts instead of the short cuts themselves and keep the files names/order in Win7.

Half an hour wasted on undoing efficiency :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Decisions :ohdear: Decisions

We've had to reschedule this model shoot twice (once I was too ill to move and once when he accidentally double-booked himself) and now he's gone dark.

I've called, texted and even messaged him on Facebook to double check that he's still game and heard no response. The prospect of lugging my gear 12-ish miles in the hope that it's still on isn't inspiring confidence.

I'm not mad.. just a bit :smith: