Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Greybone posted:

So how is this supposed to work: Roman Abramovich zaps snappers with laser shield

I mean, sure, I could imagine being able to manually target this thing to some obvious huge lens, but the various articles seems to imply that it is able to automatically block off any sort of camera which seems pretty insane.

It seems pretty out there. I would love to see a demonstration of sorts, but the skeptic in me thinks it works about as well as those "smart" ways to fool speed cameras for cars...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Just went through a whole bunch of photos from some horse show thing that happened right outside my window. Turns out every single one was out of focus, even the ones that were taken (relatively) close. Which is...annoying...to say the least. I'm fairly positive this is the handy work of my 18-55 kit lens, but goddamn it. I've got a photo-day planned soon, too. Maybe if my buddy decides he doesn't want to go I can borrow his lenses.

Would adjusting the diopter on the viewfinder matter (I use glasses for reading, etc.)? I mean if I spend the rest of my evening tweaking the viewfinder, is that gonna change anything in the mechanics of how the camera auto focuses then goes "bleep" when everything is in focus? Or is that only there to help people with glasses not apply their diopter to their manual focusing? I'm guessing its the latter.

Glad Christmas is coming up soon, get to wish for a new, less crappy lens. (Maybe buy one as a gift to me, from me or something :neckbeard: )

Quasi-rant over.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Yea, that's pretty much what I thought. drat tiny LCD screen keeps lying to me :argh:

...or I'm just out of practice, need to get out & shoot more.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Shmoogy posted:

It's not? It looks like it has a spout or something on the top. That's why I want it, at least.

That way I can be a real... *glasses* L-Coholic:rimshot:

Apparently some guy got a collectors edition at the olympics. I've spent the last hour trying to find one, or something similar on the net. Found this, which while not exactly the same, is still awesome as hell.

Heat Changing Coffee Mugs: