Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008

Interrupting Moss posted:

Put this on your back.

There's this older guy in NYC who goes around to all the parades and such with one of those. Shoots handheld. loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008

Fists Up posted:

Does he have a beard?

Yeah..?

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008
So anyone have any tips on moving an image library from Aperture to Extensis Portfolio?

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008

brad industry posted:

One of the reasons I refuse to use Aperture is it locks up your image library in a proprietary format.

Which is exactly the reason I'm switching. After working at a place that had a 55k+ item library in Portfolio, I now swear by it, and want to get older images in it.

e: It's nice that it's possible to go 'Show package Contents' and drag everything out, rather than everything being stuck in one file, but it's still annoying as all gently caress.

Defecting to Nine fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 20, 2009

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008

Holy poo poo, thanks for finding this and posting it. I used to run into him all the time at parades in the city. I wish I had a copy of the photo he took of us when I was interning for someone on the Character Project. :(

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008
If anyone's interested, Mary Ellen Mark posted a couple images on her facebook; one of the final shot, another of how it was set up. If anyone's really interested, I could help answer questions about it.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=137871&id=103598652337&ref=nf

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008

Fists Up posted:

I know how much you all love Ken Rockwell but my god this is some of his best work yet

http://kenrockwell.com/tech/everything-sucks.htm

Hes just trolling us now

Ken Rockwell posted:

When I shoot a real camera, I drop in my film, shoot it, drop it off at the lab, and then drop the slides in my projector. I'm done, and get fantastic colors with no work.

Ditto for prints. I get my film back, and have 39 perfect prints on a roll of 36, complete with negatives for back-up. If I want digital files, I check the box for Pictures on CD, and I'm done.

ahahaha. As a former lab monkey, you're tripping balls if you trust them completely.

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008
Got a perfect score on the top bar, then got lazy and gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defecting to Nine
Sep 16, 2008
While those photos are pretty darn cool, was it really worth harming his health like that? I mean, poo poo, toss the camera in a soundblimp, stick it on a pole, with a remote and set up camp a bit away, and shoot to your hearts content. You'd get the same shots, and not harm yourself.