Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I am thinking about going to the local, and great, tattoo parlour to see if someone would let me do this. That's an awesome video. I dugg it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

While not as cool as getting a tattoo video picked up by Gizmodo, the consumerist chose my photo as the top in it's Friday Flickr Finds!. I enjoyed a 500 hit spike on that photo and a bunch of discussion on it. It feels pretty good.

photo:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone know where I can find a hi-res version of this photo?

It's a promotional shot from Canon, but I just love the colours and light. I want a new desktop picture, dammit!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

You think that's cool? I've been watching this video for months, it's toronto photographer filming himself riding a bike, no handed, with a 12-24 on his 5d2. It's so loving wide, and it's soooo loving cool:

http://vimeo.com/4964539

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

That's pretty disgusting. I mean, I'm all for photojournalism, but that picture of all the photogs huddled around the injured person just makes me angry

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

had a SUPER
BIG
loving
ANNOYING
facebook thing with a douche friend of mine, concerning this exact thing. I really only consider him a friend because he's another photographer, and they're rare around here.

Click this if you want to read the entire thing, I'm Kevin and he's Matthew (matteo).

He has his middle name set to "fixie" because he loves Fixed Gears so much. Yeah, he's "that" guy.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

tuyop posted:

What was that thing with the bicycles? I laughed my rear end off but I don't think he was joking.

he is crazy about fads and things. Last summer all of a sudden he had bought a fixed gear, changed his name to "Matt Fixie Reynolds", had a Fixed Gear brand cap, and talks about his "pure" ride, front brakes aren't pure, etc. Also, over last semester, he would constantly update everyone on his sleep cycle; I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's where you sleep for 3 hours a night then nap twice during the day. His updates would always be tagged with poo poo like #betterthan8hoursleepsheeple or #productivitywithlesssleep! and constantly go on about how much work he was getting done

When he gave that up it was so easy to tear into him.

Orange Lime: yeah, I agree with you completely. It's just... you know, when an idiot friend of yours, is... talking? And you don't like it and you just say things? I was saying things.

MAN

NEWFOUNDLAND IS SO TINY
SOME OF YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST COME OVER HERE TO HANG

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

tuyop posted:

I really want to go to Newfoundland and take pictures of it there! I live in Halifax now.

Also I did that sleep thing second year for about a month to write some essays. I found it very isolating because nobody else was on my schedule.

And I had no idea that a fixed gear was a bike or that it was a fad. :ohdear:
That's still kind of funny though.

I am really only getting into doing landscapes, now, but I'm on the east end of the island; the best stuff is out west (Gros Morne, holy fuuuuck).

Also, if anyone was wondering wtf my profile picture was, it's me. Doing this.

shake your face. it's fun, and looks like you're being punched by an invisible rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Does anyone have the link for the guy demonstrating pictures from a broken lens? I'm googling all sorts of poo poo and I can't find it!