  • Post
psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Combat Pretzel posted:

Speaking of DigitalRev, I accidentally landed at their online shop. Are they trustworthy? Googling I read poo poo about import taxes due to them sending from Hongkong?
I've purchased three lenses and my 7D from them and am days away from buying my first L lens through them. They have great customer service.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Helmacron posted:

I just stared longingly at the smokin' great grandmas.
... me too.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Martytoof posted:

They cracked the code :(

Now what am I going to do for upskirts :(
We've got you covered

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

torgeaux posted:

Finally realized I'd been shooting Av, and hadn't changed my ISO, so I was shooting 200mm at 1/50th. Dumbass.
I somehow flicked it to B during a wedding ceremony the other day :woop:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I shoot with a 7D, I played with a 5DMkII for a few minutes a while back and it just felt right. Ever since I've been acutely aware of the crop factor :(

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
My wife and I don't really want kids yet, but those photos are awesome.

On the other hand, I just got my Canon lens cup. I don't drink coffee, and I prefer to drink out of glass so I think I'm going to plant a cactus in it and keep it on my desk at work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Greybone posted:

Cup
My heart jumped in my chest until I saw the spoiler and I OWN one of those cups!

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
My nanna is 82, has a digital camera and uses Picasa to import and then email photos to everyone she knows.

About once a week the whole family will get 67 photos of her dog, her living room, her backyard and my grandfather dozing on the couch. :thumbsup:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Hooray! I was asked to shoot a xmas party/boat cruise. They wanted me to shoot for about 6 hours and then join in the party, and they wanted to pay me $1200.

Then the company's CEO got a $9500 bill for overseas phone/data usage because he just had to play with his new iPad while travelling and has decided that they don't really need a photographer for their party :argh:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I liked going to see bands and collecting my tickets, then I started seeing bands where all I'd get was a stamp on the wrist. Purchased a Konica Z10 in 2004, shot with it for about 18 months before upgrading to a Canon 350D. At first all I knew how to do was take photos of bands, for anything outside of that I was pretty much on auto. In the last couple of years I've done a lot of reading and experimenting, but I've still got an absolute shitload to learn.

The more I learn, the more I realise I suck :(

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

ZoCrowes posted:

Hahaha what can I say she is usually willing to let me take photos of her and be patient with me while I am figuring out what the hell I am doing. I need to find some new models.
Not to be creepy here (I'm a very happily married man), but I don't think you do. You like taking her photo, she seems to like posing for you and we all appreciate the photos when they're posted :)

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I don't think you understand, all you need to do is lend them your camera and they'll be able to take awesome photos with it. Sheesh, why are you being such a jerk about it.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Took my camera along to the office xmas party (there's around 50-60 of us), consumed a lot of booze and took photos during the night. Shared photos with the office on Monday.

Got an email from one of the department managers "Mate, not criticism, just a minor comment to consider. X, X and X are not in any of these photos but the bartender working for the bowling place has 4 photos…"

Now let's get one thing straight, I took photos of the round of shots the bartender was pouring for us - as you can see in the picture below, the subject of the photo is obviously the alcohol - not the bartender.

Additionally I wasn't being paid to cover the event and there was no law stopping anyone else bringing a bloody camera!