Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z
Jun 25, 2002

It looked like they were having some trouble with reflections on the iPhones, and that took them awhile to figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z
Jun 25, 2002

I just wanted to come in here and admit that my workflow is pretty much a blend of bullshit and lethargy.

I sort things into folders by month (all RAW and jpegs together), then import the jpegs to iPhoto. I browse in iPhoto, then use Spotlight to find the RAW file I want to open. Sometimes I save the original PSD, sometimes I just save as a jpeg and call it good. Everything I edit goes into a folder called "Photo Edits" or one of its randomly named subfolders.

There's a reason I have zero aspirations of doing this professionally.

Edit: I DO have everything backed up to a RAID 1 NAS device though.

Z
Jun 25, 2002

Wooten posted:

Yeah, I drove 20 miles to a place with less light pollution just to watch the clouds roll in.

I agreed to a camping trip in a pretty boring national park, just because it was in one of the darkest places in the state. We drove five hours to get there, stayed four days, and every night just after sunset the clouds would roll in, then they'd clear off around 10 am.

Waste of vacation days :argh: