Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I said I'd do a DIY thread but I've been busy, but I'm working on it!

Please do! I love DIY photography.

because it's usually all I can afford to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HPL posted:

I think it's from the back of a car because the lines don't radiate out from the subject like they do when you mess around with zoom.

Also the blur lines aren't all perfectly straight. They probably would be if it was filtered, as opposed to wavy if the frame was exposed over a short period of time in a bumpy vehicle.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I think you're going to be spending a lot of time with your best friend, Professor Clone Tool :v:

But seriously, I don't think there's anything a consumer can do to really clean a sensor thoroughly. I can only imagine that the more chemicals you goop onto the sensor the more at risk you are for spots.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I got pretty lazy by the end so I was lucky to get 8 I think.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I see it, but it flashes.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't care how gimmicky T&S photography is, I will never not be in love with it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DaNzA posted:

You can't crush my dream of a digital large format camera! <:mad:>

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I officially had a camera dream. Well, a camera nightmare.

Something about being in an awesome locale, throwing a roll of 120 into the 645, cranking it to start but for some reason it wouldn't lock to the beginning of frames, and my camera doesn't have a film number window so I had to just wind it to where I thought each frame started.

It doesn't sound bad but I woke up pretty upset. Needless to say, the first thing I did was pull my 645 down off the shelf and dry wind it to make sure it would stop where it was supposed to :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That seriously IS a nightmare. Sorry to hear it :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ease posted:

Here is a thread I found googling bent pins. Seems to be pics from the Canon support center : http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=789835&highlight=bent+pins

OK now that's just depressing.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

LR sucks on an underpowered processor with limited memory, period. At least on my netbook. As long as you're not doing any editing, however, you might be OK. It became much more bearable after I upgraded my 10v to 2 gigs of ram. Also the windows one might work better, but I'm using MacOS so v:)v

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 31, 2010

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah, don't get me wrong, if you're not editing and only storing/browsing your photos then a netbook is probably ideal :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

FFffuuuuuuuuck. I just stabbed a hole through both pouches in my changing bag fumbling around with scissors trying to cut off a leader. I'm going to have to sew this poo poo up later or something :suicide:

Thankfully I hadn't pulled all the film out of the canister yet (35mm).

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

I decided to go in a different direction with my portfolio site.

This site is going to serve me so well in the not too distant future.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Why would a man be doing pull-ups if not to be in good shape for chasing and raping children?

Your honour, I rest my case :smug:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ease posted:

You guys just don't understand.

No colours so saturated that they look outlined. HDR deemed inadequate.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Paragon8 posted:

Do we really care about increasing traffic in this forum?

I'm sure we're all in other subforums enough that when we see someone posting nice pictures we can be like "yo, get your poo poo to the dorkroom"

It would be nice to get some new blood into the photo contests and PaD threads. I mean I enjoy everyone's submissions but adding new posters isn't bad in and of itself. I'm sure the truly awful ones will get run out of the threads in no time.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DJExile posted:

For those who would like a quick history of photography:

Calvin and Hobbes is a handbook for how I plan to raise my kids.

until my wife beats me senseless

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

PS I'm not racist because:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HPL posted:

Red eye removal? Is this bozo shooting with the pop-up flash or something?

Hey, if you wanna pay your craigslist assistants the big bucks you gotta cut down on equipment expenses.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Photo-Secession are the guys who would have run everything through HDR merge if the could at the time.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just saw this on lifehacker:

http://www.diyphotography.net/the-battlefield-pinhole-camera

The three-film thing looks a little gimmicky, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try to build this!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Going to gaffer tape Leica glass to a Holga and parade it around. In your face hipsters!

Deal w/it :smugdog:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did he even bother trying to tell you WHY the camera was in "Italy"?

I mean I just want to hear the excuse.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You lose the game if you touch your model.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

scottch posted:

[for guys with big wangs look at that bulge]

There's probably just another lens down there.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I hate that guy just out of jealousy. I hope his cameras all fall into the surf.

But I really want that D3 :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Found this iPhone app today that I kind of want to give a try.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/plastic-bullet/

Since (my 3G) iPhone has such a lovely camera, turning it into a lomo-kind of thing is sort of appealing. Not sure how I feel about it being faked, but I'm not such a purist that I don't enjoy some of the stuff coming out of the app :)

Kind of like Holga for your iPhone.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Stregone posted:

This is pretty awesome: Cuban Polaroid

I can't decide whether Cuban Polaroid sounds more like an indie band or a sex act.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Augmented Dickey posted:

goddamn does keh use apple II's for its servers or what

The code or database behind their site must be ridiculously unoptimized. I've worked on code that pulled a lot more data a hundred times as fast.

But really I just browse their catalog they send me every month :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

spog posted:

Shortly followed by our Ken's tips on how to afford anything

Put up a website and beg for donations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The answer for me is "wherever they happen to land".

But seriously, wherever I happen to put it down is where the camera stays until I need to pick it up. My Pentax MEs are collecting dust on top of a bookshelf, my K10d is sitting next to one of my backpacks because I was planning a photo outing that never materialized, and my M645 is sitting on my desk because I was taking photos of adorable baby bunnies a few hours ago :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pompous Rhombus posted:

The Aero Ektar is exiled to the remotest corner of the house until I'm going to shoot with it.

Holy poo poo, I didn't know they were loving radioactive :lol:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That chart would be me except there's no spot for "go to school and get too busy to take photos regularly, then forget almost everything you knew".

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What's /p?

I think I'm going to be stuck at "managed to get camera off auto mode" forever.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah but I printed the photos out and then used a Canon to take a photo of the scans so that's probably why.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

JaundiceDave posted:

Life

Lifez

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ouch. That's absolutely brutal, aesthetically. I can actually imagine your reaction when you opened the package :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mannequin posted:

I wonder if any of the images on the card were salvageable. Anyway, this guy's an rear end for ruining a wedding.

I couldn't tell what kind of camera that was, but don't the prosumer and up bodies have some level of basic splashproofing? Not even waterproofing, but maybe it was enough to keep the water from sloshing in and around the card area too badly.

I'd be willing to bet that the card was OK.

Unless it took some water while writing or something, then bye bye birdie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah, he definitely flooded the mirror box. Hopefully it was a slow enough trickle that it didn't penetrate the shutter and instantly take out the card.

As lovely as it is for the photographer, his first priority really should be to hope the photos are still intact.

Hope he had a backup body that wasn't around his neck :lol: