Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Choicecut posted:

Makes sense. I figured most in this sub were a little older given some of the gear people are using.

Also; you can hear us say 'ahhh' every time we sit down to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

ansel autisms posted:

One thing you can't get with a build-your-own PC is the iMac form factor. If you're cramped for space it's pretty incredible.

But you can get the Mac Pro form factor with a custom case:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I've been spending the last couple of days sorting out my backup strategy and making sure that I have multiple copies of my stuff across various external HDDs, NAS, Glacier and in fire-resistant places

It's really satisfying to dupe your entire library into yet another safe place.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

xzzy posted:

So is SA, and yet..

Slightly fewer pedos on SA.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

https://twitter.com/zara915/status/895616858547777536

I, uh, wouldn't call it stunning, myself, politics aside.

Christ, any yahoo with an iphone could take a better snap

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

Yeah, that's what struck me. The background is also boring as hell and if there's an intent there I'm not seeing it.

Maybe it will look okay once her team of backroom editors have straightened and cropped it, sorted the colour, dropped in some stolen imagery in the background and thrown a couple of Instagram filters over it.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

What evidence do they have of him committing sexual assault?

Oh yeah: all his work.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

NonzeroCircle posted:

Apparently they managed to invent the digital camera TWICE and decided not to bother as it would cannibalise film sales

I'm pretty sure that Polaroid had one of the earliest digital cameras and failed to make a success of it, despite their massive brand awareness as an instant photo company.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I am sure that this is just a single, disturbed model making these false allegations...

quote:

Testino, who took the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s official engagement photos and was given an honorary OBE in 2014, was accused by 13 male assistants and models of subjecting them to sexual advances.

Some said the Peruvian photographer’s behaviour, going back to the mid-1990s, included groping and masturbation, the paper reported.
Ryan Locke, a model who worked with Testino on Gucci campaigns, accused him of being aggressive and flirtatious throughout shoots, adding: “He was a sexual predator.”
Hugo Tillman, a photographic assistant, said Testino once grabbed him on the street and tried to kiss him and, a few weeks later, pinned him down on a bed until he was removed by another person.
Another assistant, Roman Barrett, said Testino masturbated in front of him, and added: “Sexual harassment was a constant reality.”
One anonymous assistant said Testino masturbated on him during a business trip, while another said the photographer groped his backside, the newspaper reported.

...oh.

Well, it is an isolated case and not representative of the industry as a whole...

quote:

The American photographer Weber, 71, was accused by 15 current and former models of subjecting them to unnecessary nudity and coercive sexual behaviour, according to the New York Times.

The model Josh Ardolf said that during a nude shoot his genitals were grabbed by Weber. Another model, Bobby Roache, said Weber tried to put his hands down his trousers during a casting in 2007.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm moving to Bangkok in a couple of weeks. Are any Dorkroomers local-ish to there? Does anyone know where the good places for photo stuff are? Specifically darkroom supplies as well as labs for C41 and E6 developing but. Good leads on cool used gear stores would be cool too.

https://www.fotofile.co.th/

http://www.avcamera.com/

MBK is a good mall to wonder around and there are a few shops tucked away

EDIT: lot of words, but this guys seems to know his stuff.

EDIT2: enjoy seeing one of these in the flesh:

Quite a sight to behold.
Ironically (and hilariously), the monarch it was made for was famously a Canon shooter.

spog fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 3, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

evil_bunnY posted:

When I shot roman ruins in marocco it was p easy to just setup and take shots every 5 seconds then remove the people programmatically.

I'd like to see that in action, if you don't mind.

Adobe's video demo looks impressive, but those things always do.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

xzzy posted:

Quick google says the plane is on private land and the owner got mad about vehicles ripping up their land so they made it hiking only. They seem to close stuff all the time as tourists gently caress things up, like from trampling plants or erosion type issues.

Fuckin tourists, man.

It's not even a plane, it's just a piece of fuselage.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

xzzy posted:

I wish I had the money to bbq my 5d and (i think) 24-70 and be all "oopsie doopsie, live and learn!"

Though the body itself looks surprisingly good, I wonder if it melted the innards or if the camera could actually be resuscitated.

(from a nasa photographer, was a remote camera for a rocket launch: https://imgur.com/a/uiKHyBo)

I think it's been the way they take photos of launches: deliberately put a camera in harm's way and remove the film from its melted body.

i am pretty sure that Nikon F4s were scattered around the flamey bits of the Shuttle launches and before that with rockets.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I'd be willing to bet that he's shooting in full auto.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

Heck yeah. Just got asked to shoot an event related to work this weekend. $50 for one hour. Seems reasonable for a hobbyist such as myself.

How much exposure are they offering you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

Isn't there something about this in the book of revelations?

Smartphones?