Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.

nonanone posted:

It also makes it awkward when people talk about how AWESOME this HDR/picture of a friend/selective color/picture they took is. It's especially awkward when they know you're a photographer and they're looking for approval. I have yet to find a polite way to give an honest opinion; usually I just go "eeeeeeeehh" and try to dodge the question.

Oh god so true. Especially concerning the HDR. Photography hasn't ruined the 'snapshots' for me, but more of the 'I'm trying to be artistic' photos off of facebook. Although, it makes me see how much I've progressed because I myself have quite a few pictures on facebook that I posted that were exactly what you said- looking for approval, but in reality they sucked so hard. So when someone comes to me with that question, I try and focus on the positives. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.
For you Office fans... Ryan's Photoblog!

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

nonanone posted:

I feel like they already had a show about fashion photographers sort of Top Model-style and it sucked really bad. It would be nice if it were good, but I'm certainly not expecting it to.

edit: ^^^ that's the show I'm thinking of, but I can't remember if it was on Bravo. Also that picture scares me.

I know what you're talking about. It was done by Nigel Barker ("NOTED FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER"), who is also a judge on ANTM. I remember it being pretty dumb, especially since I remember the photographers being mostly crap at everything. Just like Top Model, hah!

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

brad industry posted:

I found it, it wasn't Nigel Barker, who is at least personable and has pretty good work, it was Russell James and it was called "The Shot" on VH1.

Actually, I was half right! I knew he wasn't the judge, but I found he was the executive producer. All I remember was seeing his name somewhere on there.

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

That man is loving lucky and/or stupid. I love that guys thought process-

:) Hmm car is coming towards me!
:downs: Better just step away! Hmm... someone should get a pictur- oh yeah!
:supaburn: Oh poo poo, right, there was someone in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

It was "Criticizing Photographs" by Terry Barrett. Which I still have yet to finish. :(