Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
A Nikon penis

http://www.nearfield.com/~dan/photo/wide/fish/index.htm

- - -

Starting from next year I'll try to take one photo every single day. Yeah I know plenty of people do this but it'll be cool to start on 01 01 2010 :) It'll probably last 1 week before I find it too boring.

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Yep... I have a hard time finding one of those plungers locally though, I went to several different hardware stores. For the one I'm working on now, I'm planning on using the bellows from an old macro rail setup I took apart for other purposes, but if you can find one of those plunger things by all means go for it.

After reading a bit about it since you offered to throw me a lens for DIY t/s, steering bellows and older gear shift bellows should work too.

Edit: I just played around a bit with the nifty fifty and was like :aaaaa: when I got it to work. I know it's a terrible picture but pfft whatevah

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 13, 2010

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

:smug:

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Shmoogy posted:

He thoroughly owned them

I'm sure the photographer and her partner had no idea of what he was saying though. Love the reaction of the women in the audience at 3:43!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

spf3million posted:

drat you China and your blocking of youtube :argh:

- I'm a professional photographer shooting with a Canon XTi with the kit lens and a 70-300 f/idunno...

Edit: Another lovely wedding photog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSU_fy_lGI&feature=related

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 3, 2010

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Photographer captures amazing images of lions after submerging himself in watering hole for three months (and getting exotic parasites)

And his blog post about it

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 7, 2010

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

fronkpies posted:

Nikon disaster

Sorry it didn't go so well! You are not the first Canon shooter to be defeated by Nikon. A few days ago I saw this nice Nikon promotion thing going on at a really upscale mall. They had a bunch of D3s lined up all with big fat telephoto primes for everybody to molest. I pushed the buttons and turned the wheels but just couldn't figure them out. The wheel, it does nothing!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Helmacron: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they were set to one of the C modes and that's perhaps why the wheel didn't do anything. Oh and I meant D3, but I don't know how to pluralize it because I fail English. D3's? A photo of the event, shot with a Canon :smug:

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I just came back from a trip and realized I did nothing but rush from place to place taking photographs instead of stopping somewhere, reading about what I'm actually visiting and so on. Thinking more about it, I realize it's pretty much what I've been doing since getting a dslr. Whenever I'm at the same place for too long, I get restless, thinking I could be somewhere else at the moment missing a photo op. What have I become? :argh:

Anyone else like this?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Click here for the full 1200x800 image.

Love the wear on this camera. Looks... manly.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Yup, saw the video last night. Incredibly sad.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/21/enthusiastic-shutterbug-immortalizes-nikon-on-his-forearm/#continued

Awful Nikon tattoo that looks like a penis if you squint.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Whitezombi posted:

I decided to go in a different direction with my portfolio site.

Aah, the memories! What a brilliant site (geocitiesizer).

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yILyCIZ4CTM
Posted in the GBS youtube thread. Dave Chapelle chats with some paparazzi, asking about how they work and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w462X02gWYw&
Paparazzi chasing Amy Winehouse. Look at all that expensive gear used on something so... useless.

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 29, 2010

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Holding the lens like that? Definitely not a pro :colbert:

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Shmoogy posted:

Have any of you guys seen this?

http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Photoshoot done with an iPhone 3Gs and continuous lighting.

He just "forgot" to mention how much all those light would cost (and model, and make-up artists etc).

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Everybody must watch this.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

dakana posted:

After that Phorumr script broke with the new Flickr page, I got tired of manually putting in the BBCode and copying over URLs, so I wrote a new one.

You are the loving man, man.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Oh god, I can't wait until we get 3D HDR :hurr: Imagine all the movie trailers, "now.. in 3D HDR!"

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Helmacron posted:

EDIT: What I really want now, in professional digital cameras (and surely this could be some sort of firmware update), is the ability to watch the progression of a bulb exposure on the LCD back. Anybody else?

I've been wanting a feature like this too. I wonder how hard it would be to implement.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I know this belongs in the flickr thread but don't want to bump it. Anyway, one day I got 900-something views. I thought some old pic must've made explore or something but on the stats page the top pics only had like 5 or 4 views. After some more research I found out that some crazy guy has been looking through almost every single one of my pics! Like, probably 800 or so. Wow.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Rebel film camera with a CMOS sensor :v:
http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/pho/2035888464.html

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

My lens collection, which one does not belong? Sorry for horrible cell phone pic.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Ugh, the goon photos in the Gran Turismo 5 thread... out of focus, excessive motion blur, selective coloring etc etc... :ughh:

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Saw this pimpin' lens hood

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Dread Head posted:

I have a legitimate CF hood (came with the lens), they scratch really easy.

Any pics? My 70-200 f4L hood is scratched to hell. Expected better from an L lens :/

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
:colbert:

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Love it, thanks for posting :)

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I like the second video. Like xzzy said, GoPros are everywhere. Popular with bikers too: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gopro+motorcycle&page=&utm_source=opensearch

I want to try one too :/

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
How do you lefties feel about using dslrs which seem to be designed for righties?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Maybe not so photography related but I just have to share this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080531184239AAmmRxf

OVER 1500 PIXALS!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Can we see a 100% crop, ff vs crop sensor, same lens?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Duckjob posted:

Here you go;

Thanks! For some reason I was expecting FF to be sharper.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Someone used an interweb translator asking permission to use one of my pics on flickr for his/hers book:

Can I haz your photo for free posted:

It corresponds to its collection. That is why I am writing to ask for reprint permission. Explaining that the credits will be awarded as we please.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Don't want to be this guy:

The Big Picture posted:

A photographer reacts after being covered by tear gas released from a riot police vehicle during a protest by students demanding changes in the public state education system in Valparaiso on August 4, 2011. (Eliseo Fernandez/Reuters)

Is that a Nikon body and did he black out the logo?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I just love this shot of a Flickr photo walk (from Wikipedia):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Yeah, that's a cool story, Mannequin :sweden: