Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I've heard people recommend that you never delete photos in camera and instead always do a full format to help prevent the file system from getting corrupted. I'm not sure how true that is, but losing a day of shooting to a bad card or corrupt file system is a really unpleasant surprise and I wouldn't tempt fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Eventually consumers are going to be using clusters of cameras that take videos as input to model/texture a recreation scene instead of taking a single photo. Then you wouldn't be limited to sky replacement, but simple removal of any object in the scene, full recomposition, lighting changes, combining scenes, importing famous landmarks, pay for selfies with famous celebrities, etc.

But the luminar space shuttle launch feature is still seriously funny.