Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I just picked up the Logitech G110 keyboard. I'm loving it so far. I was a little pissed off/spoiled by my last mediaboard having all the cool keyboard features like calculator and stuff, but I found out I can program the G keys to do just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Siroc posted:

I'm very interested in this keyboard due to the backlight and the volume roller. How does the backlight perform across the keys? I've heard some reports of it being dim or messed up somehow. Where'd you buy the board? I'd love to get my hands on it for a minute at a bestbuy, but I don't see it available on their website.

I got it off of buy.com since it was a bit cheaper than amazon.com Some of the LEDs don't light up the whole character, but other than that, it seems to be pretty good.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I love my G110 except the fact that it is too shiny. It gets bad glare off of my computer screens on white web pages.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/does-logitech-disable-keyboard-combos-to-stifle-gamers.html

Is this seriously common?

I wonder if my old crappy Microsoft keyboard did this. It would explain why I always had trouble with some FPSs.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
My Logitech G110 doesn't work with my BIOS for some reason :(

Motherboard is ga-ma770t-ud3p

I've updated the BIOS and still nothing. How lame. Other USB keyboards work fine.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone make devices like this anymore?

http://www.bionic.com.cy/assets/catalog/parts/12400086.jpg

I really just want a device where I can "free run" like assassin's creed, but also be able to use a mouse for aiming at poo poo.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100/categoryId.35156900

Any reviews on this baby?

edit: not really sure if that's what I want. I was just wondering if anyone has ever come up with a solution for games where you want the precision of a gamepad's thumbstick but the ability to use a mouse.

TLG James fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 18, 2011

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone make a gaming keyboard like the G110 in white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone used both the Lenovo N5901 and N5902 wirless keyboard thingies?

I'm looking into getting one to use with my soon to be HTPC, and I have this choice. The old model (on the right) has a proper trackball instead of the lame optical substitute and is $20 cheaper, while the new one is backlit. I'm not really concerned about the backlight as the projector illuminates the room more than sufficiently, and on the other hand it seems like in practice the optical trackball would be a pain in the rear end on a high resolution screen. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

PS. Just put a loving TrackPoint on it, Lenovo!

I have the one on the right. It works pretty well for what it is. Although honestly, a wireless mouse with a small wifi keyboard tucked away is a lot more useful.

• Locked thread