Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

4lyfe

Seriously, I use this thing with everything. I keep it in my backpack at all times. I use it with my 15" MBP when I don't feel like dealing with the heat of the computer (freaking unibodies). I use it with my Mac Mini at home in my living room. I use it with my Nokia E71 to take notes in class instead of using a full laptop. In fact, the only place I don't use this keyboard is at work, where I use a 10+ year old MS split keyboard.

Now if only Apple would create a Bluetooth version of the MBP's giant multi-touch trackpad I'd be in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.

haywire posted:

Care to tell me more about this E71 setup. Do you use the keyboard with bluetooth? What is the battery like? How good is the E71 for note taking?

The best part about it is you can do it using software that came on the phone, no extra programs or drivers needed. I use the Wireless Keyboard app to pair it, then QuickOffice for taking all my notes straight to my microSD card. Here's a blog post about it, with instructions.

Battery life is ridiculous. Even now that I have an iPhone, I still use the E71 + Apple keyboard for taking notes in class because the E71 lasts forever (even longer now that I've got all wireless except BT and wifi turned off). The only annoying thing is that the Apple keyboard doesn't have a battery gauge on it (you can only see its current power level through OSX), but just carry a spare set in your bag and you're fine. I think I had to replace the batteries twice in the past 12 months, and that's using it with three computers and in class. Color me satisfied.

• Locked thread