Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Pizza Guy posted:

I've been through a ton of keyboards (I'm somewhat fickle) and I settled on the latest USB Apple Keyboard a few months ago. I was incredibly surprised that I could enjoy typing on what's essentially a laptop style keyboard. Coming off of years of Model M and original logitech G15 usage, the lower travel wasn't something I thought that I'd like. The Apple keyboard has a perfect layout, great tactile feedback, a pleasant sound and aesthetically, it's beautiful (and small, even with the numpad). I highly recommend it to anyone.

Laptop keyboards are nice to type on once you get used to them. I've been using my laptop keyboard over my MS wireless one and it can be a bit hard trying to type on the MS keyboard nowadays since I've been using the laptop keyboard more over the past few months.

Those Dell OEM keyboards aren't bad but I don't really like them. Not really worth paying money for in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Anybody else prefer laptop-style keyboards with flat keys over a regular keyboard? I used to love my Microsoft desktop keyboard but now I can't really type on it as fast as I can on my laptop. It's a lot more comfortable for me to type on my laptop keyboard over my desktop keyboard. Too bad I don't really have a desktop to use with an Apple BT keyboard, those keyboards are really nice. I've used them on the MBPs and they're better than the keyboard I'm using on my laptop. Plus I don't make as many typos due to the chiclet keys.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

Interesting test, I'm get 40 on my Apple keyboard. Anyone else?

I get around 90-100 WPM on my Apple keyboard, but I make some errors. The best I could probably manage on my old membrane was 70.

• Locked thread