Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

mungtor posted:

I've been beating the crap out of a Deck Legend at work (sysadmin) for 3+ years now and it's still awesome. I've got the Fire (red backlight) and it's held up very well. The only visible sign of wear on the entire board is that the right side of the space bar has been worn smooth from my right thumb. And, since you can get new keycaps, it's not really a big deal.

The mechanical key feel is great, and while everybody else comments on the noise, I don't really care. About the only other keyboard I would consider is DasKeyboard, but I am not 1337 enough for the completely blank one (Ultimate version). It is however mechanical with a backlit option in the Professional.

http://www.daskeyboard.com

Click here for the full 794x395 image.

The Deck has color choices, the DasKeyboard has USB ports and is cheaper.

Can I just say that this line from the DasKeyboard website makes me happy inside?

quote:

Das Keyboard sports best-in-class German-engineered gold-plated mechanical key switches that provide tactile and audio feedback making typing a pure joy.

German engineering. Is there nothing it can't make better? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread