Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarboy
Jan 31, 2001

Good Luck!

keyframe posted:

Can i use the apple slim keyboard with a pc?

I am selling my apple macbook pro and getting a new desktop pc but I would like to keep and use the keyboard if I can because its hands down the best keyboard I ever used.

Yes, you can use it on a PC. It really is the best keyboard ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarboy
Jan 31, 2001

Good Luck!

She posted:

Hey keyboard megathread! :buddy:

Are there otherwise-standard numpadless keyboards to be had for under $50? I'm looking to narrow this uncomfortable distance:

by putting the numpad on the other side.
(photos not mine)

I'd like the keys to not require too much pressure but not be so sensitive that you can't rest your fingers on them, and not be so shallow or cramped that 1/4"-long nails would pose an accuracy problem; wireless would be nice; media keys are unnecessary; really don't want any sort of wrist-rest. Does something close to this exist?

And who should I look to for a no-frills, hopefully-wireless keypad to go with it? No clear winners (in either case) have really jumped out in my Googlings.

I was going to recommend the compact Apple Keyboard but it's been discontinued. Just spend $15 more and get the wireless version. It's about as no-frills as it gets. If you're using Windows, you might consider getting something else because it's annoying to pair.

• Locked thread